Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 22/4/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

ah shoot did'nt realise it closed so quick.... my try using one of the tour operators that they suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Did anybody here apply for Good For Age this year? I sent mine into them 2 weeks ago and nothing's been posted out to my UK address yet. Anybody know how long it usually takes to get the official application after sending in the GFA entry?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No idea. No sign of my application yet.

robinph wrote: »
    No idea. No sign of my application yet.

Cheers Robin. Glad to hear it's not just me then. I'd say the applications are up on previous years based on it being the Olympic year. Maybe just a backlog in getting to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

A friend of mine in Scotland sent in my good for age entry today so fingers crossed it works out.

The website is a bit vague as all it says is that you have to send in the request before mid-July which if accepted means they will send you an entry form that had to be returned by July 29th.

Not sure if that means they will send out the forms before mid-July or not :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

opus wrote: »
    Not sure if that means they will send out the forms before mid-July or not :confused:
    I wasn't sure about that either, if so then it doesn't give us much time to turn around the forms.

Just an update here for anyone who like myself has been waiting for the Good For Age forms. I rang the organisers today and the forms are to be posted out at the end of June.

Got my application form through today. :D

They have even already assigned my race number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Got my application form through today. :D

They have even already assigned my race number.

One up - I got mine yesterday.

I'm in too. Forms arrived in yesterdays post. It's a good consolation prize for getting diddly squat tickets for the Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Irishman99

Just got a sub 3:10 and looking to enter London with this.
    Is it ok to provide a link to a results page on the internet or do i need some certified result? Don't know where an actual hard copy of the results would be published!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Irishman99 wrote: »
    Is it ok to provide a link to a results page on the internet or do i need some certified result? Don't know where an actual hard copy of the results would be published!:confused:

link will may do. However you are too late for 2012

I thought the deadline is July 15th, or am i mistaken?

Irishman99 wrote: »
    Do they have a PDF certificate that you can print out?

They will check the results online themselves anyway I think, but I just gave them photo copy of passport and print out of a PDF for Dublin which worked for me.

I thought you were too late already as well, but seems that you have got another couple of weeks:
    http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

Passport photocopy & a printout of the finishing cert from the website of the marathon I used to qualify as well for me.

My form arrived yesterday complete with race number so would I be optimistic to assume that it's just a matter of sending it back with the cash now & I'm in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

opus wrote: »
    Passport photocopy & a printout of the finishing cert from the website of the marathon I used to qualify as well for me.

My form arrived yesterday complete with race number so would I be optimistic to assume that it's just a matter of sending it back with the cash now & I'm in?

Yes your in, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

Do they have a PDF certificate that you can print out?

They will check the results online themselves anyway I think, but I just gave them photo copy of passport and print out of a PDF for Dublin which worked for me.

I thought you were too late already as well, but seems that you have got another couple of weeks:
    http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

is any one else worried that rats will be smelt when they see an Irish passport ....or are they not too worried about the "British " aspect of the GFA qualification ....

You are OK with an Irish passport. You do need to have a UK postal address and be able to give them a GBP cheque written on a UK bank account though.

You are OK with an Irish passport. You do need to have a UK postal address and be able to give them a GBP cheque written on a UK bank account though.
    thanks ! address is sorted and I can bend someones arm on the cheque......fingers crossed i'll get through so !
    LL

I'm in too! :D

Things moved fast this week, got my Sub 3:10 on Saturday, posted my results and time off on Tuesday and got the application form today! Got a uk£ postal order and sent it off straight away.
    Now just another 10 months to go!

• Advertisement

any one else out there who has applied for a "UK" good for age entry who HASN'T heard back yet....going on holidays soon and stressing out !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

I got my form yesterday and form sent off. A great marathon.
    Maybe better than berlin.
    Bottle of water and lucozade sport a big plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I got accepted with a uk address good for age. My contact was away and didnt get the letter until tonight. Closing date for application forms was on friday. I'm an idiot. I might ask him to send it in anyway but i'm not confident. Waste of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I got accepted with a uk address good for age. My contact was away and didnt get the letter until tonight. Closing date for application forms was on friday. I'm an idiot. I might ask him to send it in anyway but i'm not confident. Waste of time?

That's a pain. Get him to priority post it tomorrow and put a sob story in saying you have started to raise money or something along those lines. To be honest I wouldn't be confident

You might get lucky, but I'd not count on it.

My cheque was cashed by them sometime last week.

Yeah ill arrange to post it anyway. Says on the site that under no circumstances will late entrants be taken but they write that after the initial entry deadline, i'm still not confident. Year of the olympics should be that bit better. Dead jealous lads.

Your only hope is that they have already assigned you your race number anyway, they pretty much expect you to be sending them a cheque after that. Make something up about it getting lost in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Your only hope is that they have already assigned you your race number anyway, they pretty much expect you to be sending them a cheque after that. Make something up about it getting lost in the post.

My cheque cashed last week. I am officially in FGFA.

My cheque cashed last week. I am officially in FGFA.

That sounds durty.

• Advertisement

My cheque cashed last week.

Is this the only notification you get that everything has gone through? I'm just wondering if they send a second letter out to say they received the 2nd form and cheque.
    Cheers.

Advertisement