Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime on Netflix

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seen them all. I wish they'd add some more dubbed shows to american netflix, its all subbed lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seen them all. I wish they'd add some more dubbed shows to american netflix, its all subbed lately.

Said no one ever.

nah but I like the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Finished knights of sidonia yday in the space of a day, what a brilliant show, had me hooked as much as attack on Titan! Can't wait for season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭anomalous

Ergo Proxy is very good (not sure if its on Netflix) but well worth a watch

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

RWBY and Tokyo Ghoul just got added to the UK version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

entropi wrote: »
    RWBY and Tokyo Ghoul just got added to the UK version.

As have Terror in Resonance and Space Dandy Season 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They haven't added anything new to the us netflix in while now.

They haven't added anything new to the us netflix in while now.

There has been some stuff, but not as noticable like the third episode of GITS: Arise plus the English dub of the first two episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

Get the US netflix they're walkthroughs onlien how to do it. Better selection over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Tokyo Ghoul is outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Started watching Space Dandy dubbed on the UK version. I know the preference is usually sub but I heard SD's dub is pretty decent, any comments on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Started watching Space Dandy dubbed on the UK version. I know the preference is usually sub but I heard SD's dub is pretty decent, any comments on it?
    The dub is excellent, in my opinion. Especially Dandy, his voice actor really nailed it.

Started watching season 2 recently and this line actually made me laugh out loud...

I loved that Glee episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Tokyo Ghoul is phenomenal, as is Kill La Kill (in very different veins).

On the dubbed V subbed, dubbed suits me more as I tend to consume anime while gaming on a second screen - I can still glance over to read the subs but being able to listen to it and then focus for the major scenes is more helpful for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liking Tokyo Ghoul a lot. The censorship is annoying though.

BUMP!

Expelled from Paradise and the three Madoka movies have been added to Netflix US.

BUMP!

Expelled from Paradise and the three Madoka movies have been added to Netflix US.

Is that all they've added ? I got rid of my sub last month.

Is that all they've added ? I got rid of my sub last month.

Netflix is great, but if you primarily want it for anime you're better off spending your money on Crunchyroll at €5 per month or €40 for a years sub. Especially good value now that you don't have to pay extra for the manga. The usual methods of getting Netflix US will also work with Crunchy for getting geo locked content btw.

Knights of Sidonia season 2 is being added on July 3rd.

Speaking of CR we really should have a thread for handing out spare 48 hour guest codes that anyone isn't using.

Netflix is great, but if you primarily want it for anime you're better off spending your money on Crunchyroll at €5 per month or €40 for a years sub. Especially good value now that you don't have to pay extra for the manga. The usual methods of getting Netflix US will also work with Crunchy for getting geo locked content btw.

Knights of Sidonia season 2 is being added on July 3rd.

Speaking of CR we really should have a thread for handing out spare 48 hour guest codes that anyone isn't using.

Ya thats the reason why I got rid of IT, didn't watch anything else on really , maybe the odd documentry or series, I'll never forget when I first got it, it had an amazing selection :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Back in the day (it's available now on Netflix so I can't share links etc), I watched Eclipse fansubs for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I wanted to watch it again last Christmas and saw it on Netflix but the subtitles were awful! Horrible yellow text, with lines that spoiled the following scene sometimes... I ended up watching my saved Eclipse downloads. Is this typical of all of Netflix's anime?

Also, the internet connection struggled with good quality and my saved files were obviously buffer-free!

Back in the day (it's available now on Netflix so I can't share links etc), I watched Eclipse fansubs for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I wanted to watch it again last Christmas and saw it on Netflix but the subtitles were awful! Horrible yellow text, with lines that spoiled the following scene sometimes... I ended up watching my saved Eclipse downloads. Is this typical of all of Netflix's anime?

Also, the internet connection struggled with good quality and my saved files were obviously buffer-free!

Depends on the files they are given from the licence holder. Found Samurao Champloo to be unwatchable myself as the subtitle timing was all over the place.

• Advertisement

Depends on the files they are given from the licence holder. Found Samurao Champloo to be unwatchable myself as the subtitle timing was all over the place.
    Unwatchable is the word. I just tried Crunchyroll (they don't have One Piece which is a real shame for me) and they seem okay.

Unwatchable is the word. I just tried Crunchyroll (they don't have One Piece which is a real shame for me) and they seem okay.

One Piece is on Crunchyroll. I watch it there every Sunday. It is geo locked to North America though just like the latest Fairy Tail episodes. There are quite a few ways to get around the geo lock, but you will have to find them yourself as it is not allowed to be discussed here.

One Piece is on Crunchyroll. I watch it there every Sunday. It is geo locked to North America though just like the latest Fairy Tail episodes. There are quite a few ways to get around the geo lock, but you will have to find them yourself as it is not allowed to be discussed here.
    As you allude to, I can't talk about that on Boards because of their legal team's opinion on the matter. But there's a principle to it also. I don't see why I ought to get the leftovers of an American service, replete with American ads which they make money from, when I can watch them for free on other more dubious websites or download fansubs in high quality. I won't prattle on about that. My point was that Crunchyroll do have a reasonably good service compared to Netflix's effort. The way subtitles are done for FMA: Brotherhood are frankly worse than Teletext subtitles to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭FGR

Just re-watched Attack on Titan on Netflix and have to say it's ten times better in HD/proper sound system than it was the first time I saw it on a small SD tv with tinny speakers. I've read that there have been several OVAs made but there's no sign of them being dubbed while waiting for season 2. Anyone know anything about it?

Plus - I'm thinking of going through Psycho Pass again. Brilliant work but can't find anything on whether Season 2 will be dubbed at all.

At least Knights of Sidonia is coming back in July.

All I can say is thank goodness for Netflix. Even the Irish version has the cop on to give us an Anime fix..! I wonder do they have their own ninja anime-fans working in their offices? :pac:

FGR wrote: »
    Just re-watched Attack on Titan on Netflix and have to say it's ten times better in HD/proper sound system than it was the first time I saw it on a small SD tv with tinny speakers. I've read that there have been several OVAs made but there's no sign of them being dubbed while waiting for season 2. Anyone know anything about it?

Plus - I'm thinking of going through Psycho Pass again. Brilliant work but can't find anything on whether Season 2 will be dubbed at all.

At least Knights of Sidonia is coming back in July.

All I can say is thank goodness for Netflix. Even the Irish version has the cop on to give us an Anime fix..! I wonder do they have their own ninja anime-fans working in their offices? :pac:

Season 2 of Psycho-Pass was given a broadcast dub by Funimation, as such it is already available in English on Funimations website(geo locked to NA) and the usual more dubious places.

Just re-watched Attack on Titan on Netflix and have to say it's ten times better in HD/proper sound system than it was the first time I saw it on a small SD tv with tinny speakers.
    Did you watch it on Netflix Ireland or somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭FGR

Just re-watched Attack on Titan on Netflix and have to say it's ten times better in HD/proper sound system than it was the first time I saw it on a small SD tv with tinny speakers.
    Did you watch it on Netflix Ireland or somewhere else?

Netflix Ireland. Have to say I'm delighted that they have the foresight to get it. There was a lul for a while around the time they took down all the GitS:SAC related content but it's starting to build up again.

Long may it last.

Advertisement