Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Table Heaters

• 20-05-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I'm thinking of doing a DIY snooker table heater job and was just wondering if anyone else has done the same on their table? I rigged up two 80W tubular heaters under the one half of my table last night, left it on overnight and checked on it this morning but I didn't really notice the slate bed that warm. Maybe I need to put a sheet of insulation under this???

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Obviously there are different types of table cloths etc so I'm not sure how relevant this will be to you but at the World Championship I notice they keep the tables at 50 degrees Centigrade.

Probably wouldn't be any harm in investing in a thermometer to keep this in check.

Also I'd be very careful leaving heaters like that on overnight. Very careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jynx NO 10

the tubular table heaters were the old style.the new style are ceramic plates that fit directly under the slate about 2" below it.There is 6 of them and they are wired together into a control box that you see at the end of table on TV.
    If you are fittting tubular heaters there is normally 3,it would be important to connect them to a thermostat.Hope that helps.

Advertisement