Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where/what wet vac to rent?

• 28-03-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a car with a couple of light stains on the seats. I tried using some cleaning products from halfords and it only makes it worse. That stuff that foams up and you leave for thirty seconds.
    The upholstery is kind of cheap looking (Mazda 3 2008) and I'm afraid of damaging it.
    I'm thinking of renting from here http://hirehere.ie/vacuum-cleaners
    Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try a rug doctor from B&Q? Ask a detailer first, might not suit your seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Provided you are local to that hirehere.ie place, 25 quid a day to rent a wet vac machine is quite good....provided you get small attachments. They might only provide a large attachment for doing large carpeted areas. Collect it first thing, and go over the car twice with it, as often when the seats dry out from the first attempt, it can leave a tide line from the area from dry-wet. So if you were willing to do a full day with it, doing the carpet, seats, matts it would be worth it.

Given you've said they are light stains, Id try something like Chemical Guys Fabric Clean - diluted down 1 part to 5 parts water, I found it quite good. Spray on, scrub with a nail brush, wipe off with a microfibre cloth. First attempt will usually do it, but if it was something like milk or yogurt if its from kids, repeat two or three times, it should do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

They do a great one in woodies, costs about €50 including all the cleaner, different heads etc. Never used in on the car but im goin valeting all the family and friends cars the weekend after next and its the unit il be hiring.
    Did all the carpets in the house with it last summer, the difference is unbelievable.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Rug-Doctor-48-Hour-Rental/16565/3.11.4

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Another option
    Lidl are doing a 1400w wet vac for under €60

You'll have to spray the cloth with a bottle full of cleaner first

Advertisement