Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

TheBully wrote: »
    A very foolish man to believe barcelona can beat the -1 here, sure theyll have most of the play, possession and chances but dont underestimate milan, good team ... bet of the game in my view is the FIRST HALF HANDYCAP MILAN +1 EVENS i can see the first half being a tight draw, great odds +1 EVENS... Ill be having €100 on that and 50 on milan qualify @ 9/2 (Dont forget the away possible away goals ;) ) Milan will score in my view

Barcelona are a better team at home, remember how they struggled away to Arsenal (2-2 in 2010 and 1-2 last year) but then easily won at home? I'm expecting something similar tonight.

Also, Milan's record away from home in Europe is pretty poor, only 1 win in their last 10 games (!!) and that was against Auxerre. Remember how they beat Arsenal 4-0 at home but then lost 3-0 away?

Even if Milan score, Barca can easily outscore them imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

have a medium stake on a draw with betfair @5.8 (barca a.c.). they got a draw there last time and I fancy them to do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Spartak Trnava win to nil 10/11 PP. The home teams cleansheets 5/12 away teams failure to score 9/12 away games. Interestingly Trnava have played 3 of the bottom four, opponents today will make it 4/4 in their last 4 games and have kept clean sheets in all three. Can it be 4/4??? I hope so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

inforfun wrote: »
    See above my thoughts about this ref.

Good chance to come in in my opinion. Even without Van Bommel and Ambrosini.

Ambrosini will play. He'll be tired as he had to play another full 90 mins at the weekend. Could get booked again. Mexes will get booked imo an that's who I'm going with for a card as well as over 55 points card index.

Also Milan's away record isn't as bad as you might think. They have gotten a win or draw in 76% of their away games in the champions league which is all they need tonight! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I thought Ambrosini was out because of getting that card last week, if he's playing ill bet on him again

I given odds 10/11 on Nesta to be booked anytime. I didnt take it thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

I have a weird feeling that tonight could be one of those big upsets and that Milan will qualify

Barcelona are only humans too they can't reach every champions league final

I think Barcelona over 20 points card index 23/10 is a good bet they got 3 yellows in the same fixture in the group stage I expect it to be a fiery encounter tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Milan + 2 is even money, unreal price. I expect another tight encounter, could even be another 0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭ConorBFC3

As much as I think AC Milan +2 is a great bet, I'm going to leave this game alone as it really could go either way. If Barcelona score early on, Milan need to attack, and Barcelona will probably get another.

I'm going for a €10 single of Bury Town to beat Wingate & Finchley @1.57.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

Anyone know the prices for either team to win on penalties.

Barca or AC Milan.

• Advertisement

both are 90/1 to win on pens (PP)

just saw PP's MBS
    If Lionel Messi scores the first goal, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match

I think I've settled on Milan scoring 1+ goals but Ibra anytime is 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Why do people think Milan can keep Barca out? I must be missing something, Barca will rip Milan to pieces tonight, they will run them all over the place on the big Nou Camp pitch and they will be able to pass the ball without having to worry about it bobbling all over the place.

Barca HT/FT @ around 5/6 is the bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Headshot wrote: »
    I thought Ambrosini was out because of getting that card last week, if he's playing ill bet on him again

I given odds 10/11 on Nesta to be booked anytime. I didnt take it thou.

Nope, Ambrosini just served a suspension in the second leg against Arsenal. Then he got booked last week and now he's 1 yellow away from a suspension again. As is Nocerino and Nesta.

Van Bommel suffered a set back in his back injury and that's why he's not in the match squad. I'm going for Mexes to be booked along with Ambrosini. Both are fatigued and are prone to yellow cards, particularly in the big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

both are 90/1 to win on pens (PP)

just saw PP's MBS
    If Lionel Messi scores the first goal, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match

I think I've settled on Milan scoring 1+ goals but Ibra anytime is 7/2

Fair Play to ye - 90/1 sounds quite big to go to peno's but I suppose a tough ask for that to happen. might just stick €5 on each for the interest.

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    Milan + 2 is even money, unreal price. I expect another tight encounter, could even be another 0-0

all over that. *lets hope* 11/10 bet365 btw

Why do people think Milan can keep Barca out? I must be missing something, Barca will rip Milan to pieces tonight, they will run them all over the place on the big Nou Camp pitch and they will be able to pass the ball without having to worry about it bobbling all over the place.

Barca HT/FT @ around 5/6 is the bet for me.

in the nou camp earlier this season barca ripped Milan to pieces, ran them all over the place, but couldn't make all that possession count and only led 2-1, Milan go up the other end get a stoppage time corner and boom 2-2. A score draw sends Milan through, barca are the ones who need to win

No doubt barca are the better side but I wouldn't go lumping on them

Nope, Ambrosini just served a suspension in the second leg against Arsenal. Then he got booked last week and now he's 1 yellow away from a suspension again. As is Nocerino and Nesta.

Van Bommel suffered a set back in his back injury and that's why he's not in the match squad. I'm going for Mexes to be booked along with Ambrosini. Both are fatigued and are prone to yellow cards, particularly in the big games.

Bads news for me I wont be doing any time bookings

Ambrosini 10/11 and Mexes 4/5

crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Bayern -1 3/4. Won 2-0 in France and should have too much again. Can't call the Milan-Barcelona match

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Gone with milan +2 asian handicap @ 1.725 with bet365. can see barca winning by a goal but really think there is value for milan tonight

Second Half @ EVS
    Barcelona v AC Milan
    Which Half Will Have The Most Goals?
    Total stake € 40.00
    Estimated return € 80.00

Thinking behind this is that Milan will be very tired(they have an old team, Nesta, Ambrosini etc) in the 2nd half because Barca will run them ragged

• Advertisement

in the nou camp earlier this season barca ripped Milan to pieces, ran them all over the place, but couldn't make all that possession count and only led 2-1, Milan go up the other end get a stoppage time corner and boom 2-2. A score draw sends Milan through, barca are the ones who need to win

No doubt barca are the better side but I wouldn't go lumping on them

Group phase of the CL is completely different to the ko phase. Barca and Milan knew they were heading through in that group it was really who finished top which imo it mattered most to Milan and they couldn't do it.

A better understanding of this is look at the 2 matches between Arsenal and AC chalk and cheese because of the playing surface.

AC Milan +2 @6/5 now... d'oh! Ah well I'll forgive them the 20 euro if it comes through :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ConorBFC3 wrote: »
    Sevilla 3 - 1 Mallorca. :pac:

Conor FFS.

http://gyazo.com/ea2cafefcb48eb5fbbf0cad879378584

Permabanned.... AGAIN!

go big or go home.

Had 120 on -1 so good way to start the week.

Aftertiming Thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77814981#post77814981

Please post proof of said bet as per the charter, otherwise it's an infraction.

user2011 wrote: »
    Group phase of the CL is completely different to the ko phase. Barca and Milan knew they were heading through in that group it was really who finished top which imo it mattered most to Milan and they couldn't do it.

A better understanding of this is look at the 2 matches between Arsenal and AC chalk and cheese because of the playing surface.

people are looking into the pitch saga too much imo.

user2011 wrote: »

I agree. arsenal had a point to prove and probably played their best game of the season. barca and ac are very evenly matched IMO, if anything AC had the better chances in the first leg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gomez and Messi 1st goal double @ 12/1

came too close last week, lets try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

manual_man wrote: »
    AC Milan +2 @6/5 now... d'oh! Ah well I'll forgive them the 20 euro if it comes through :)

AC Milan +2 is 7/4 in Bar One Racing

Maybe its because it had a big part to play in both matches with teams who like to get it down and pass.

manual_man wrote: »

AC Milan +2 is 7/4 in Bar One Racing

that's insane odds. but too late now anyway. bet placed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jodi_geelan

I usually just view this forum for my tips but decided to join upon seeing this great bet good sir... Im sticking 45 on it got EVENS in PaddyPower shop... Best of luck old boy bet of the day in my opinion cheers :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement