Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Visa Q's

• 29-08-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Landed myself a full time job in Darwin as a car detailer at a rental company and was just wondering if there is any way around making it count as my 2nd year visa work if I worked there for 4/5 months ?

Also was just wondering if I do have to do my regional because I heard as of January you don't have to do it if you got your visa at a later stage got mine in March ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I think all of NT is classified as part of regional Australia so it ticks being in the right postcode for regional work.

The type of work you are doing is probably not eligible. Have a look here and it will give you a better idea.

Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The postcode is right but the job is not applicable for the 2nd year..but that doesn't mean you can't apply on a flier anyway if you're willing to risk $405, or whatever it costs now on the 2nd year. I know people who didn't leave any of the big cities and got the the visa without question. I also know people who did much more than 88 days of rural work and it took months and a big investigation before the visa was given to them. From my experience of the immigration they don't have a clue what they are doing and it seems a bit random.

As for visa itself. Now I just left Australia after my 2nd year visa so not looked into this for a while but I take anybody saying the rural work requirement will be lifted with a massive degree of salt. I have heard that rumour for the last 4 years on the road and it was never true. There is a reason the requirement is there and that is because not enough people from Australia are able to fill those particular rural jobs. Until that changes then the 3 months requirement will likely never change. Unless you something on immi's website (also likely about 20 different threads on this forum) than assume the requirement is still in place. Don't hold your breathe assuming it will change anytime soon either.

Advertisement