Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing an oil burner

• 19-08-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,658 ✭✭✭✭

My current oil burner and boiler are probably not running as efficiently as maybe they should and I'm thinking of replacing them before the winter arrives. What would be considered a good makes?

They are housed in a boiler house and run on diesel so I'll be replacing with similar unless the condenser one is more efficient.

Roughly, how much would the job cost including boiler and burner?

Edited to add: Heating 4 rads downstairs and 4 rads upstairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Why not get it serviced (By an Oftec registered tech)and find out just how efficient it is and how efficient it can be made to run after the service, the price of replacing a standard efficiency boiler for a modern condencing boiler will go far further than the price of the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭jimf

why not try what billy has suggested the cost of annual service
    approx 100 euro big savings to be had and your boiler may not be the
    guzzler you thought it was

Advertisement