Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for bands from Ballinasloe/Athlone

• 07-01-2012 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I'm organising a music event in Ballinasloe which will take place during the summer time. I can't give out exact details on this, but the bands that wish to participate, I will contact and send the details too. It's gonna be one hell of an event is all I can tell you :P Any genre will be accepted! Thanks and I look forward to talking to ye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

more info please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alan20

In brief, it's one of 4 heats, 4-5 bands competing per heat, grand final in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭forsaleireland

where is the heats held,really would be nice to know,and where is the final held in galway city

No info = no bands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

would you fancy a band with radio airplay as a guest at the final or is it strictly a botb type thing? we could play the end of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alan20

4 heats, will be held in Ballinasloe, Loughrea, Kinvara and Galway city. I'm an event organiser but Ballinasloe is the area in which i'm catering for, which means seeking bands to play in the heat as well as finding an appropriate venue. The heat in Ballinasloe will be held in July. The reason i'm seeking bands from the surrounding areas aswell as Ballinasloe is because it's not easy to limit it to one place. The final venue will either be Kelly's Bar or the Roisin Dubh. Toobz- we have support acts picked out, so it's kinda solely based on botb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Right, I'm going to identify myself as one of the guys organising this event with Alan20.
    Not all the details have been finalised as of yet, but this is what we do know:

1. Who is running the event: The event is being run by an organisation known as Project311, based in Galway.
    2. The purpose of the event: Commercial.
    3. Date and Location of event: As Alan20 said, there will be four heats in Ballinasloe, Loughrea, Kinvara and Galway City. The final will take place in Galway City. The competition will take place from the last week of July all through August 2012. At the moment, venues still have to be confirmed, but once this is done we will let you all know.
    4. How many acts will be on on a night: Again, this is based on the number of bands that are interested in playing. The general plan is to have 4 bands competing and 1 special guest band per heat. For the grand final, the winners of each heat will play along with 2/3 special guests.
    5. Any prerequisites: Nothing specific, but if you have a demo to submit, it would help us a lot.
    6. Is it under/over 18's: All ages.
    7. Type of night: Rock
    8. Cost of admission: We'll know closer to the date, but the pilot event held last August had a €6 admission tag, if that's any indication.
    9 Will a fee be paid to the bands: No, but there will be a prize for the overall winner.

That's where we're at. If anyone has any questions, post them in the thread or send me or Alan20 a PM and we'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

OK, just an update, we have confirmed that the first heat will be held in Johnston's Hostel in Kinvara on the 28th of July 2012.

Advertisement