Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in, around, and near Mary I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

hi i have one room to rent in my house in new street, a few minutes walk from mary i. spacious nice house, would be sharing with 2 first year girls & myself. your own double bedroom, sharing kitchen - would suit someone coming sunday night & going home friday for weekend. pm me for phone number & more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Hello, I've been reading this thread for a couple days now debating where to stay next year. I'm hoping to do the B.Ed next year, fingers crossed. I'm tilting towards City Campus right now because I see its least strict, and a great place to meet new people and have parties. I'm both a worker and a partier so this place appealed to me most. The 15 minute walk makes no difference to me, I can get over that. I hope I've made the right choice, would someone be able to tel me their experience with City Campus?

I lived in City Campus when I first set out on my Mary I journey and absolutely loved it - in 2nd year, all of our friends ended up living in the same block randomly too which was absolutely brilliant. The walk is a killer on cold, wet mornings but you're obviously not going to be the only done doing it.

I'm heading back to start the B'Ed all over again this year after not finishing last time - see you there & best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

emerryan29 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for posting a reply. What would be your biggest turn off about Fitzhaven if you don't mind me asking? Is Castlewell also purely student accommodation?
    I live in Fitzhaven and love it - biggest turn off is probably parking and the cost to heat the place during the winter. Other than that, plain sailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

Hi, I'm hoping to start first year in mary i in September so I went about booking accommodation in Ashdown but the place is booked out (just my luck)! Has anyone any recommendation on where would be an ideal place for first years to stay apart from city campus? Is Clontarf hall any good or Courtbrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 beckspell

Hey, I am a mature student looking for a one-bed apartment around the city/MIC area. If anyone knows a place, please let me know! All the best, Maeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lola 123

Hey :) I have been offered a place on the Professional Masters of Education Primary Teaching starting in September 2014 and I am just wondering would anyone be able to advise me as to where postgrad students would usually live ? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Lola 123 wrote: »
    Hey :) I have been offered a place on the Professional Masters of Education Primary Teaching starting in September 2014 and I am just wondering would anyone be able to advise me as to where postgrad students would usually live ? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you :)

Hey Lola, firstly, congrats on getting your place!
    A lot of postgrads tend to share houses in the south circular road vicinity with other postgrad students. Check out the MISU accommodation page on Facebook as well as sites like daft.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lola 123

Hey Lola, firstly, congrats on getting your place!
    A lot of postgrads tend to share houses in the south circular road vicinity with other postgrad students. Check out the MISU accommodation page on Facebook as well as sites like daft.ie.

Thank you for your help :) Sorry for the all questions but is there any student accommodation available that would suit postgrad students as I don't really know anybody in Limerick to share a house with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Lola 123 wrote: »
    Thank you for your help :) Sorry for the all questions but is there any student accommodation available that would suit postgrad students as I don't really know anybody in Limerick to share a house with :)

Lola 123.. In a similar position, most of my friends have houses sorted for September for going back... would be willing to join forces and find somewhere if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hjocat

I've been offered a place in Mary I! :) I'm wondering does anyone know the best way to go about getting shared accommodation near Mary I? Ideally I'd like to live with other PME students or post grads. Any advice would be great! I'm from Galway and I don't know Limerick at all but I am really looking forward to getting started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemmy

hey guys does anyone know is there a Facebook page for the new PME course if so link please :)

Im also looking for accommodation, I was thinking city campus it looks alright? I'm 23 though don't wanna be put in with a load of 18 year olds :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭CailinGaillimh

Don't think there is Nemmy!

As far as I know City Campus have different years in different courtyards (?) now.. I know people who lived there this academic year & they were separate to the 1st/2nd years as they were in final year. I'm apprehensive about going there though, 'tis a long enough walk if you're going to be in the library until 9/10pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

Also in the same situation guys :) Looking for accommodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lily12345

Hey, I'm starting the Masters in Primary Education this September!! I'm 22, a non smoker and looking to share a house with a few people on the course. If anyone is interested get in contact on here, I also posted on the MISU accommodation facebook page a while back!! Thanks :) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 limerickhouse

2 mature student lads here with a spare room in our house this September, a 2 minute walk away from Mary I. Looking for someone of the same age with a sense of humour and who's easy to live with. Please PM if your interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerry96

Hi im moving into the res block tomorrow im a first year and want to know absolutely everything about living there especially the social life! thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I don't think the res block is known for its social life but I'm sure there'll be plenty of house parties elsewhere for you to frequent!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

If you don't mind not going home after a night out you'll be fine! (From what I heard anyway you can't get in after 11/12? - Can anyone either confirm or deny these allegations? ) You'll have a blast in first year anyway! No worries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

kerry96 wrote: »
    Hi im moving into the res block tomorrow im a first year and want to know absolutely everything about living there especially the social life! thanks :)

Res block, social life...

*hugs* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Res block, social life...

*hugs* :D

:D

I believe the wimmin folk can sign back in at "reasonable" hours with the security guard at the door. Don't know how late that goes.

Good luck. Buy ear plugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 brownecow

Hi,

I am a student in leaving cert in ennis county clare. I wish to go and do business in ul as my first choice however i am not entirely confident I will get those points required and i wish to do liberal arts as my second choice. I would be looking to get accomodation in limerick for the year if i get accepted into the course. If i think I have a more likely chance of going to mary I when should I book my accomodation? Or should I wait until my results or is that too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Have a gang of 4 sorted an all for next year, September '15 we'll say. When would you want to start looking for a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Orlaith_Fitz

Hey guys I'm hoping to get a place in Liberal Arts in September 2015! Just wondering which accomodation is stricter; City campus or Courtbrack? In regards to parties and having over night visits from students from another college? I appreciate any help people have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

City Campus is your go to spot for parties! Security are sound and it's never a problem having anyone over as there is no sign in system...the only week where no visitors are allowed is RAG week! Not sure about courtbrack to be honest, I am in first year arts at the moment and I live in city campus and I have no problem with the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gooseabcd

I'm hoping to go to Mary I in September, I made a last minute decision and I can't seem to find any good accommodation! My friends who are going already have theirs sorted, which are booked out and I don't want to stay in the college itself. Would anybody have any advice please?

Gooseabcd wrote: »
    I'm hoping to go to Mary I in September, I made a last minute decision and I can't seem to find any good accommodation! My friends who are going already have theirs sorted, which are booked out and I don't want to stay in the college itself. Would anybody have any advice please?

You're right to avoid the campus. But what do you want? A student village, a private house with other students, digs?

Anything really as long as its a close proximity to the college! I wouldn't mind sharing a house either, as long as it would be girls!

Anything really as long as its a close proximity to the college! I wouldn't mind sharing a house either, as long as it would be girls!

Well the campus accommodation is just girls but I've heard mixed reports. Other than that, the city campus is around the corner from me, about a ten minute walk from college. Lots of parties I'm sure

I'd imagine you could specify girls as roommates. Same to be said for ashtown which is right across the road from Mary I.

I contacted them both and they're both booked out :( I've heard too many bad reports on the accommodation. I'd say my best bet is to try find people to share a house with :(

• Advertisement

I contacted them both and they're both booked out :( I've heard too many bad reports on the accommodation. I'd say my best bet is to try find people to share a house with :(

There is a new place opening. Punches cross I think.

A house share might be the best bet. Wolfe tone street is grand, and not too far. Maybe over by Lord Edward street, but you're getting into dodgy territory there.

If you have a group of four, I'd go the house share option. I came into one on my own, the first year was grand, had Erasmus students. The second year it was all Irish. it's a bit of a lucky dip if you need someone to make up the numbers.

Advertisement