Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

While I loathe bringing this thread off topic, I feel I should reply. For the good of IRE60's 'bo11ox' :rolleyes:
    IRE60 wrote: »
    Ask my bo11ox and 5k! That was simply thrown up here without any other questions so you're having a fcuking laugh.

Pontiac - shopify is well backed up, fairly simple interface and plenty of people out there willing to help who are not pretending to be Dick Turpin.

:pac:!
    I agree, a truly ridiculous post/quote. Not great advice for small start-ups looking for advice.

If by 'advice' you're referring to me suggesting that you should pay 5k min for an e-commerce site, I would consider that very good advice indeed, especially so for start-ups looking for advice. It's the exact same advice I've given to every other start-up that has come knocking at the door, and will continue to give.

Please don't call it ridiculous. It's simply not. I'm one of only 4 Shopify accredited experts in Ireland, which they invited me to be a part of, for doing great work. Surely that must mean something.

If you're business is going to be web based, ring around all the top web companies/agencies in Ireland. Then ring some English ones, US ones and so on. Get a feel for what you're going to have to pay, and when someone with more experience than you gives you a suggestion which you've asked for, don't be so brusque as to say "ridiculous" and brush them aside, because when you ask for advice again, they will not give it.

Also the Irish web and design industry is small. Nobody likes to work with impolite people.

A simple "Thank you, but that too expensive for me at this point in time" would have sufficed.

You were all very rude.

It's strange. I work with big clients that have been in business many more years than me, some even longer than I've been alive. Some hold multiple directorships across many large companies, but when it comes down to digital strategy and building and implementing that strategy, be it in the form of a website or whatever, they listen intently and value everything I have to say, and then they pay me, and pay me well, to act on those words.

They know if they want something good, they're going to have to pay for it.
    Have no idea what planet some Irish developers are living on. Like they haven't accepted that all that Tiger lunacy died some time in 2008. It's a global market now, with nearly everyone owning a smartphone, skpe etc. It makes doing business in foreign countries a breeze.

A good developer is worth their weight in gold. Be this the height of 'Tiger lunacy' or not, it's a simple fact.

Have a read through this thread if you have the time: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83662167
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    While 5k was ridiculous in my opinion, 260 is equally so. No idea how it can pay someone to do it for that price.

From a man doing this longer than I:
    Trojan wrote: »
    A professional self-hosted ecommerce site should be costing €5k at an absolute minimum.

Indeed, Shopify themselves suggest:
    Full scale design and theme build projects (circa $6,000 upwards).

If you feel this warrants further discussion I'd ask you start a new thread, or comment in this one. However please leave your rude attitudes and foul language at the door.

Best of luck with you're projects/businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

KonFusion wrote: »
    While I loathe bringing this thread off topic, I feel I should reply. For the good of IRE60's 'bo11ox' :rolleyes:

:pac:!

If by 'advice' you're referring to me suggesting that you should pay 5k min for an e-commerce site, I would consider that very good advice indeed, especially so for start-ups looking for advice. It's the exact same advice I've given to every other start-up that has come knocking at the door, and will continue to give.

Please don't call it ridiculous. It's simply not. I'm one of only 4 Shopify accredited experts in Ireland, which they invited me to be a part of, for doing great work. Surely that must mean something.

If you're business is going to be web based, ring around all the top web companies/agencies in Ireland. Then ring some English ones, US ones and so on. Get a feel for what you're going to have to pay, and when someone with more experience than you gives you a suggestion which you've asked for, don't be so brusque as to say "ridiculous" and brush them aside, because when you ask for advice again, they will not give it.

Also the Irish web and design industry is small. Nobody likes to work with impolite people.

A simple "Thank you, but that too expensive for me at this point in time" would have sufficed.

You were all very rude.

It's strange. I work with big clients that have been in business many more years than me, some even longer than I've been alive. Some hold multiple directorships across many large companies, but when it comes down to digital strategy and building and implementing that strategy, be it in the form of a website or whatever, they listen intently and value everything I have to say, and then they pay me, and pay me well, to act on those words.

They know if they want something good, they're going to have to pay for it.

A good developer is worth their weight in gold. Be this the height of 'Tiger lunacy' or not, it's a simple fact.

Have a read through this thread if you have the time: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83662167

From a man doing this longer than I:

Indeed, Shopify themselves suggest:

If you feel this warrants further discussion I'd ask you start a new thread, or comment in this one. However please leave your rude attitudes and foul language at the door.

Best of luck with you're projects/businesses.

You never met me in your life. :) I am absolutely not a rude person, and am very polite, believe it or not.

When someone replies to my post (small start-up looking for advice on an e-commerce shop) with a simple "5k+", is not only very misguiding, but also very rude.

As the Dragons in the Den would say, you're barking mad spending that on a website. The products might not sell.

I'm trying my best not to come across as rude here (really am), but I don't agree with anything you said. You make yourself out to be this web guru with a very special talent with things like "I work with big clients" "multiple directorships" etc. It comes across as very boastful.

You then go on about "the Irish web and design industry is small. Nobody likes to work with impolite people."

What a load of nonsense. My own brother worked in Web Design for over 10 years, and actually developed sites for Johnson & Johnson and other large multinationals. He also developed sites in the past for some Irish politicians. The Irish web and design industry is not at all small. It's extremely competitive now.

I would have got my brother to help me, but I didn't want to bother him. He is now studying for the priesthood and doing practical training in a US hospital this summer.

The one thing I would agree with you on is, when large companies spend big amounts on a digital strategy and implementing this strategy. This is not advice for a small eCommerce start up. There's many success stories out there with very basis start-up costs. Even the shopify templates would suffice is a lot of cases.

Still think €5k for a shofity site design is outrageous and bordering on outright greed.

As mentioned by another poster, shopify is very well backed-up. I still don't know where you're getting the €5k? Can you please explain? That must be seven weeks work. And you say that's the starter pack?

I've seen some 'serious' shopify experts' listed on Shopify and their fees are no where near that.

If you yourself want to be polite, then try not to come on to forums with with one-liners like "5k+". It's really dreadful advice. Try and be less boastful too. No one likes working with big-heads, and it's a buyers market. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Just because i'm sick of how this is going

SASSY VOICE "UHHHHHHUUUMMMMM OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭blue4ever

If 'someone' is going to delete one of my comments, actually my only one in this little tiff, really there should be some structure to it.

Either the person who deleted the comment, and there are few among us that have that capability, perhaps should PM me and say your comment was spiked because.....

OR you should comment publicly with a "Blue4ever's comment was removed" perhaps. But to simply remove it, in the dead of night so to speak, smacks of something particularly authoritarian.

I've no issue if whoever removed the comment, the one comment, felt it was inappropriate, as is your bidding.

I would also strongly suggest that the now removed comment would not offend the sensibilities of the vast majority, if anyone at all - bar perhaps the poster it was directed at, if they were a very sensitive and delicate soul.

If the very same rules of engagement were leveled across all the forums here - it would be a very, very bleak place indeed - queue tumbleweed.

But to simply make that decision, remove a comment and sweep it under the carpet is, in my humble opinion, very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Unfortunately I can imagine anyone being quite put off hiring through this thread what with the latest discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

None of you have work to do for developers so please stop posting and take it to PMs.

It's getting tiring to read when it's filled with off-topic messages.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sushifish

Looking for a web designer to create a website for a landscaping/gardening company based in Co. Kildare. Content would be small but I am looking for a standout design - simple, crisp, clean and professional.
    The site would contain a blog and would have to be viewable on iPad/mobile. SEO is also very important.
    If you're interested feel free to PM me. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

hi , looking for someone to build me a website for a business , up to 10 pages maybe .im starting from scratch .
    want a .ie , hosting and the ability to change content myself from time to time .
    please pm me if you can help and include an estimate so I have a starting point
    regards
    uprising

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

Hi Sushifish and Anuprising,

I've only just registered on the board so I can't PM you, but if you could drop me an email (hello [at] doctypedigital.com) then I can send you a link to my portfolio.

Many thanks,

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Anyone with experience working on Cisco Pix 501 and Cisco 1800 firewall. They were configured to access our site but the IP's etc have changed. I need to get both configured and up and running again. Location is Westmeath. Hardware is currently in the UK but I'll ship to whoever can set it up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

Hey,

The company I work for (in Cork) is looking for a graphics designer for a pretty exciting marketing project. If anybody is interested in finding out more, just send me a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭mandy30

Hi,

Anyone out there in the Kildare area who could help me build a very simple ecommerce site? A student?

Using a template on the likes of Squarespace or Woocommerce.

I just need something simple that accepts cards and paypal. I only have one type of product, with around 20 styles. Need to be able to change the pics and descriptions myself. Stock inventory, the usual :D A .ie domain also.

I dont want anything fancy, just basically an online catalogue I can sell from.

I have a VERY small budget, so please bear that in mind. The only reason I cant sit down and do it myself is I don't have a minute with a toddler hanging out of me!

Please pm me if you live in the area and are interested in a few quid. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PRICE IN THE PM WHEN REPLYING.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Hi,

Work spec in attached PDF. PM me if you have these skills are are interested!

Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm looking to get a website built and I'm looking for a quote, full details of the project:

We need 7 pages: a Login Page, 5 Sports Pages, a Price List page, and a simple Contact Page.

When you open up the website you'll be presented with a simple login page, with the banner of the site on the top of the page. All logins will be created by the Admin, so no registration page is needed, but there needs to be a way for me to make accounts. All logins can only have one session per login (so one login can't have two people signed in at the same time).

This website needs webscraping, personally my last project I used MVC/CSHTML but I'm open for people to use whatever they can in order. The site will need to be able to compare the data from the webscrape and present it on the 5 pages + homepage.

Anyone interested, give me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rollerlee

Hello all

I need to add a page for a medlling competition to our existing website.

The website is built using Expression Engine.

PART 1
    I need the following fields on an "entry form" webpage to be setup within our site.

First name
    Second name
    Date of birth
    Address2
    City
    Home phone
    Mobile Phone
    email
    confirm email
    Height
    Weight
    Chest measurement
    Waist measurement
    Hips measurement

I need an agree to terms and conditions check box

Then I need the applicant to be able to upload two photographs

After clicking "submit" the information and the two photos should be emailed to an email address to be specified

PART 2
    I need to add a scrolling picture gallery to our existing homepage, where photos of our members shops will scroll continuously after 3 seconds.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Post to the 'Work Wanted Superthread' in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

We're an Irish company who would like to coordinate with freelancers and pass on (what we hope to be) regular work.

You should be:
    • Very familiar with Wordpress
    • Have good, contemporary design standards.
    • Be used to working with existing themes
    • Have experience dealing directly with clients, implementing changes etc.

If you're interested, please send me a link to your portfolio and how much you usually charge for a brochure website.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

I'm looking to get a few changes made to a website for a guy that I deal with....also, we want to take a look at making it seo friendly as possible. We want to start the work asap.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hey guys, I have a friend who has a small business and needs some graphics work done - nothing to challenging just flyers, images and logos etc. Right now I've been managing it for him getting it done online for cheap - but I don't have the time to be the inbetween man - I want someone he can call and give descriptions. He's not very fussy he just needs someone to use their expertise to produce nice clean work. Please get in touch - and I'll need an idea of pricing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I need someone with Joomla experience to help on a website I'm working on. I have all but completed the website bar this last bit which I'm not too familiar with. It involves setting up the mailing lists extenstion which is already installed on the site. Client will pay for your time. Please pm if interested for more details. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

I am looking for a freelancer or a web design company with regard to a few clients of ours looking for websites. You should be an expert on wordpress and be strong on design and SEO also.

If interested, please pm me your portfolio and how much you usually charge for a brochure website.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

I have a website nearly completed. It just requires the finishing touches. I am looking for someone to discuss what final elements i would like completed and finish it off.
    Would like this done quickly .
    Please pm for details if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

We're an Irish company who require a graphic designer for regular work.

You should be:
    Very familiar with Joomla
    Photoshop
    Have good, contemporary design standards.
    Web Editing skills as in content layout and production
    Excellent standard of english
    Have experience dealing directly with clients, implementing changes etc.
    Be able to produce on time and with quality

If you're interested, please send me a link to your portfolio and how much you usually charge per hour.
    We are flexible in where you can work from.

Please pm with details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

We have a website almost ready to go. The niece made it for us since shes fairly handy with the computer. Its looking well I have to say. She made it with "HTML" and "CSS" and the photoshop. We're looking to get one of those donate buttons put into it. Would it be a big job, could someone maybe send me some rough figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Looking for a professional logo designer to review a logo concept for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

I have a website www.stephenosullivan.net. I pay godaddy for the site.
    The website feeds to a few blogs I have.
    I now want to put a proper website on this domain. It will have a main page and about 10 subpages which are legal articles on particular areas ,which at this point in time are in the blogs ie I am bringing the blogs back into the webpage. The articles are already done and in word format. I want good SEO. I want to be able to change the wording of the articles if needed. There pages are text heavy so I want something that looks good but still contains all the text.
    I want someone to do a nice job on the web design. Ideally to work commencing 6/1/13.
    Let me know how much roughly excluding hosting fees and what you can do for me.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

I am looking for someone to do a small video - about a minute long for youTube - would involve filming me at my work, adding some nice graphics and music etc. Am in Meath - and it is a tiny budget as I am fledgling - but might suit someone looking to buff up their portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 booladen

Hello everyone,

Im looking for logo design. I have made a rough copy of what I had in mind for illustration I can send it to anyone interested. I have no idea about price but do not have a big budget as I am a start out.

PM me if your interested or for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 steppintoe

Do you already have a logo?
    Have you already got the photos you need? Are they good quality?
    Have you good copywritten text?
    What sort of functionality will you require? Shop, CC processing, newsletters, DB integration, user accounts, support...
    What sort of other marketing are you doing which might affect the job?
    Will you be actively blogging and using other social media?
    Are you using Rich and/or Interactive Media?
    Will you need a Content Management System?

Hi all,

I hope I am posting this to the correct section! If not apologies.

I am looking for someone to design a website for me.
    What I am looking for is a basic website to give me an online presence, my work is mostly face to face or over the phone so it doesnt need huge functionality. What I do need is the following:
    A landing page with a few pictures( I have pictures although they are not the best quality and I am willing to buy vector images online if needs be.
    An about us page.
    A contact us page with landline, mobile and mail address
    A services offered page.
    I would need to have my emails linked ideally to the same server the website is hosted on if thats possible or makes sense.
    I will be ' blogging ' in so much as that I would need another section of the website where I can post industry news etc in a 'blog' format where everything is arranged by month and date with the 3-5 most recent articles appearing at the top.

That is pretty much it.
    The company is a recruitment agency with all files being held and backed up on my own pc and 2 hard drives I will not be needing DB integration.

I appreciate anyone responding to me and if I have to I will provide more information.
    I am looking to have the website built and operational withing 60-70 days.

Please PM me if you or anyone you know is capable of undertaking such a project.

- Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Edit: Role filled

Advertisement