Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IPL 2012 Discussion thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What we need is not a foegien bowler, a local or Indian bowler as our 4 foreign spots are as good as fixed.
    Gayle, Delivers, Murali are untouchable and in some games Murali will be out for Vettori. And for some reason we are sticking up with Dilshan who has done ok but I'm not fully convinced. So if we replace Dilshan it has to be with foreign batsman, otherwise our batting will be poor.

Mc Donald can bat as well,opened quite a bit in England last year IFIRC.

Not saying he is a world beater but he is a very handy player, crafty bowler and quite destructive when he gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Mc Donald can bat as well,opened quite a bit in England last year IFIRC.

Not saying he is a world beater but he is a very handy player, crafty bowler and quite destructive when he gets in.

Yeah I watched him play in 2-3 games. In one game I think he opened and rest lower down the order.

I'm saying to maintain balance we need quality allrounder or a quality Indian bowler as Gayle, Delivers, Murali are superb players and it is very very hard to get better players than them. So 1 slot should be a quality allrounder, someone like Watson, Morkel. Its not possible just saying what we need to do to maintain the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

It was kinda inevitable wasn't.......

Thank you Deccan:)

Come on You Superkings

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

booth70 wrote: »
    It was kinda inevitable wasn't.......

Thank you Deccan:)

Come on You Superkings

Shockng stuff from RCB. I love watching Chris Gayle and the playoffs will be a poorer place without him.

Ares wrote: »
    Shockng stuff from RCB. I love watching Chris Gayle and the playoffs will be a poorer place without him.

Well...RCB have been so reliant on Gayle scoring all the runs this season that it comes as no surprise that they messed up when he finally failed....

All Gayle had to do on the other hand was to play Steyn out safely...if he had done that rather than letting his ego get the better of him he could have finished it in 15 overs!

Can't believe that 3 teams had a chance to overhaul CSK after CSK had finished all their matches and none of them did:)

Still CSK have been rubbish this year and will need to play a lot better in the playoffs to win the IPL again this year

Come on CSK:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

DALE STEYN

Its all well and good smashing Indian trundlers Mr Gayle, but doing it against real bowlers like Steyn is a different story.:)

Anyways Delhi lost today,that innings from Rao was dismal. Taylor looked much more destructive when he was playing for RCB as well.:confused:

Kolkata look very good, no real concerns for them in the final, maybe Lee instead of Shakib, but to be fair their Indian bowlers have done a decent job all campaign.

That was a special innings from 'Helicopter' Dhoni just when it mattered most:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

That was a special innings from 'Helicopter' Dhoni just when it mattered most:)

He did it in the world cup and today. He can always produce the goods when is needed the most. He is some player and captain.

Great start as well by Mumbai in today's match as well.

Pleased for Badrinth, classy innings when they were on the brink. Very underrated player who probably deserves more respect really.

Its sad that harby and RP Singh are so average these days.

Still not sure why they kept picking James Franklin as well.:confused:

• Advertisement

How not to play a knockout match.....Some bizarre decisions from Delhi....no Morkel , then Sehwag decides not to open , woeful fielding

So after what seems an eternity it is KKR v CSK on Sunday night

KKR have been the best team in the tournament so far and are deservedly in the final

CSK....well...they are always in the final:)

How not to play a knockout match.....Some bizarre decisions from Delhi....no Morkel , then Sehwag decides not to open , woeful fielding

So after what seems an eternity it is KKR v CSK on Sunday night

KKR have been the best team in the tournament so far and are deservedly in the final

CSK....well...they are always in the final:)

Sehwag has had a horrid week, not playing 2 spinners on a spinning pitch against Kolkata was bonkers and today he was a disgrace. Morkel is their best bowler easily and should always play. Taylor who has been in awful form could have been dropped to accomadate Russell.

Not opening as well:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Sunny Guptil???

At least it proves him as captain of India would be a disaster, another rason for dhoni to smile.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 petersf

It would be a great exciting match on sunday, CSK vs KKR. And CSK will be full focused on Narine and Gambir as these two are awesome in this season for KKR. And I am glad that today Vijay made a huge turnover. Hope he continue the same on finals

I thought this match was over when Gambhir went in the 1st over

Big call from KKR not playing McCullum but what an innings by Bisla

I reckon it's KKR's match to lose now

Easily the best IPL so far and what a final

KKR have the best team in the tournament and are deserved winners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Bisla was the star and Chennai were really lucky to qualify for the playoffs, but once they were in, they were just superb even in finals. But it was just KKR day. Awesome finals and run chase. Deserving winners.

KKR have been excellent because they spent wisely this year getting the likes of Narine and Shakib

On a different note Morgan didn't get a match and given that they won without him he is unlikely to play next year as well:(

Great to see a relatively unknown local lad play the match winning innings

Happy for SRK as well....he's lived and died every minute of the IPL over the last 5 years and what a decision to lure Gambhir away from Delhi last year

Well played KKR and as for CSK there's always next year:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Glad KKR won, but the tournament is just too long, dipped out for the middle weeks.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Jesus that final was great wasn't it. Maybe the tournament could be shortened by a week or two and force teams into using their squads more but meh if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm glad we got a great final worthy of the tournament itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Do not say it goes on for to long. Next game of cricket I will see, will be in Clontarf on July 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 petercena

Anky2930 wrote: »
    Hey guys, Don't you think that I.P.L. is loosing it's charm? Do we have so much time to watch it for 54 days?
    Yes with time IPL loosing its charm, and that is because of some match fixing news and frequently changes in teams.

Advertisement