Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rebel music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

ColeTrain wrote: »

Not a rebel song but appropriate for the night that's in it

Hail Hail :D

The irony. All supporting a British team.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Beir Bua wrote: »
    Big fan of rebel music here,

A great song preformed and written by Irish legend Bik McFarlane.

Irish what?? Bik McFarlane????

Let's see. Convicted of a gun and bomb attack on a crowded pub. (Brave man)

Prison escapee.

Kidnapper of shopkeeper. (Don Tidey)

Murderer (or leader of a group of men who murdered) an unarmed Garda cadet and an Irish soldier.

Legend my arse.

Guy's a toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Paparazzo wrote: »
    They don't do irony.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

KeithAFC wrote: »
    They don't do irony.:pac:

Now, now keith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The patrons of that particular establishment haven't exactly got a reputation for intelligence

• Advertisement

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    The patrons of that particular establishment haven't exactly got a reputation for intelligence

You know all of them. do you?

Nodin wrote: »
    Now, now keith.
    Thought it was a fair point. They don't do irony do they?

You know all of them. do you?

Well, no, but when the owner of a particular pub is arrested on charges of possesion of ammunition in the back of that pub, you really do have to wonder about the sort of people that drink there. I'm sure you would agree that the Black and Tans weren't exactly a bunch of good guys/ Did you know all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Madd Finn wrote: »
    Beir Bua wrote: »
    Big fan of rebel music here,

A great song preformed and written by Irish legend Bik McFarlane.

Irish what?? Bik McFarlane????

Let's see. Convicted of a gun and bomb attack on a crowded pub. (Brave man)

Prison escapee.

Kidnapper of shopkeeper. (Don Tidey)

Murderer (or leader of a group of men who murdered) an unarmed Garda cadet and an Irish soldier.

Legend my arse.

Guy's a toilet.

Hehe. :-)

Well, no, but when the owner of a particular pub is arrested on charges of possesion of ammunition in the back of that pub, you really do have to wonder about the sort of people that drink there.

So if I went to a pub that it turns out was owned by a serial killer, its a reflection on me? Amazing.

I went to Dunnes stores when Ben was still with them, and was caught going through his coke and hookers phase. Does that make me a coke and hookers guy?
    I'm sure you would agree that the Black and Tans weren't exactly a bunch of good guys/ Did you know all of them?

Well thats because the raison d'etre of the whole organisation was dubious from the start.........

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Nodin;76214826Well thats because the raison d'etre of the whole organisation was dubious from the start.........[/QUOTE]

The same could well be said for the Players Lounge

The same could well be said for the Players Lounge

It's a pub.

Let's get back to your "logic". According to you

Well, no, but when the owner of a particular pub is arrested on charges of possesion of ammunition in the back of that pub, you really do have to wonder about the sort of people that drink there.
    I went to Dunnes stores when Ben was still with them, and was caught going through his coke and hookers phase. Does that make me a coke and hookers guy?

Well?

It's a pub.

Let's get back to your "logic". According to you

Well?

Not really the same thing

Not really the same thing

It's not? Please do explain. The owner of the business is caught during some criminal act, so why does it not reflect on the customers? Your logic dictates that it be so.

It's not? Please do explain. The owner of the business is caught during some criminal act, so why does it not reflect on the customers? Your logic dictates that it be so.

There is a slight difference between the owner of a supermarket chain taking drugs, and the owner of a pub (which by the way is heavily linked with the republican movement) having bullets in the back of that pub. Plus, I don't believe you really responded to my Black and Tans analogy

There is a slight difference between the owner of a supermarket chain taking drugs, and the owner of a pub (which by the way is heavily linked with the republican movement) having bullets in the back of that pub.

So when you came into the Pub, there was a sign that listed out the prices of the lunches, what the soup was, pints and "Bullets In The Back" written in red chalk on the top? Or were patrons asked to sign a consent form, agreeing to be on premises that were used to store ammunition?
    Plus, I don't believe you really responded to my Black and Tans analogy

I believe I did. The raison d'etre of the organisation was to put down Irish resistance by use of force. Therefore you signed up to a certain agenda from the get go. Secondly, many of its members were involved in numerous incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭BeefyS

The basis of your point here is that fianna fail is an anti-British party.

its not the basis of my point, what im saying is people focus their hate on one specific thing while we didnt know who was truly fuking us. in a lot of other countries i find people look inwards for problems instead of having one big enemy next door who people can rally against. thats what im saying was the problem here, its a great distraction while we all get screwed by successive governments of crooks - not that FF are anti-britain

nodin wrote:
    There's a chip on somebodys shoulder, certainly.

explain how. ive answered pretty much everything thrown at me in a pretty concise manner. are you just getting frustrated that *shock horror* there might be truth to what ive said? that people grasp onto causes like the ra, hating britain etc cos they want to feel more important then they actually are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Such simplistic nonsense. That's like saying GAA is a British sport because London play in the championship. Celtic's Irish connections are obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Such simplistic nonsense. That's like saying GAA is a British sport because London play in the championship. Celtic's Irish connections are obvious.

Jesus, it's so not.

They are a British team, located in Britain, playing in a British league.

Jesus, it's so not.

Where they play or what league they play in is irrelevant. They are a club with an Irish ethos. The tri-colour flies above Celtic Park and the fans sing Irish songs. As so many have already said in this thread 'their location does not define them'. It is not ironic for republicans to support Celtic.

Thought it was a fair point. They don't do irony do they?

Maybe you don't either. You live in Ireland right? This makes you Irish then, no matter how you may identify yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Jesus, it's so not.

Fair enough. What's your point now that we have established that Glasgow is indeed located in Britain..

So Celtic aren't British? I was wrong?
    Where they play or what league they play in is irrelevant. They are a club with an Irish ethos. The tri-colour flies above Celtic Park and the fans sing Irish songs. As so many have already said in this thread 'their location does not define them'. It is not ironic for republicans to support Celtic.

Ehh, I think you'll find where they play is very relevant. And maybe you want to notify Celtic FC.
    http://www.celticfc.net/about_briefhistory
    Celtic thus become the first British (and non-Latin) club to win Europe's most coveted trophy.

Maybe you don't either. You live in Ireland right? This makes you Irish then, no matter how you may identify yourself.
    I live in the United Kingdom.

You live on the island of Ireland. That makes you Irish no?

Well according to you it doesnt matter, its the flag he flys above his house that matters

So Celtic aren't British? I was wrong?

Ehh, I think you'll find where they play is very relevant. And maybe you want to notify Celtic FC.
    http://www.celticfc.net/about_briefhistory

I never said Celtic weren't British. My point was that republicans supporting Celtic is not ironic given their overwhelming Irish ethos.

Republicanism isn't simply hating anything that has a touch of Britishness about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

LOL

ive always wondered why you always seem to say that. I dont understand why you are on an irish website? its baffling? You have this passive form of aggresion for anything irish even though you live in ireland, yet you still post here. alot of threads end up being about you testifying your britishness.. really annoying and sad at this point

Well according to you it doesnt matter, its the flag he flys above his house that matters

Exactly my point. Yet a few posts above this one KeithAFC was going on about how republicans don't do irony because they support a team located in Britain. Yet he lives in Ireland and calls himself British.

Not really. You have African and Chinese people living on the island. Doesn't make them Irish.

• Advertisement

Not really. You have African and Chinese people living on the island. Doesn't make them Irish.

Are you linking nationality with ethnicity there Keith?

Advertisement