Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find my sacred place

• 19-10-2011 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Greetings

I have recently moved from Meath to south west Kerry. The scenery is just spectacular and am learning to love being right on the sea. But have yet to find that special sacred place for me. In Meath I found Tara to be so energising, in particular a spot between Grainne's Fort and the Banqueting Hall. Another was Slieve na Caillaigh which filled me with serenity and reflection. But I am finding it hard to connect with the energy down here.

I recall attending a healing session out West a few years ago. The healer mentioned she used to live near Tara and how much she liked it there, and commented how she found the energies totally different between Tara and the West! Has anyone else had this experience/feeling?

Am I expecting to much to soon to be able to connect? Or maybe just trying to hard?

Blessings

SS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Greetings

I have recently moved from Meath to south west Kerry. The scenery is just spectacular and am learning to love being right on the sea. But have yet to find that special sacred place for me. In Meath I found Tara to be so energising, in particular a spot between Grainne's Fort and the Banqueting Hall. Another was Slieve na Caillaigh which filled me with serenity and reflection. But I am finding it hard to connect with the energy down here.

I recall attending a healing session out West a few years ago. The healer mentioned she used to live near Tara and how much she liked it there, and commented how she found the energies totally different between Tara and the West! Has anyone else had this experience/feeling?

Am I expecting to much to soon to be able to connect? Or maybe just trying to hard?

Blessings

SS
    i have always been lucky,in the fact that i can find my spiritual self in many places,one area i find is always looking over the sea,maybe that is because of my early life in the merchant navy,but when i am in ireland i find so many places to sit and be one with the earths energies,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It can take a while. Usually I'd say a moon cycle but this time of year I'd suggest waiting until after Samhain and until the next full moon. I'd suggest mediating and leaving out offerings for the geni locus or wee folk for help inspiration.

Also have a look at what sites are near to you, http://www.megalithomania.com/ has a listing by county and do some research and see what calls to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

But have yet to find that special sacred place for me.
    Who's to say there is one? Rather than looking for a place that is sacred to you, why not look for a sacred place that is in need of someone to go and remove ribbons from the trees (because, you know, doing that is really bad for trees), clean out cigarettes left by tourists, etc.
    Rather than looking for a place to serve your needs, how about looking for a place whose needs you can serve?
    But I am finding it hard to connect with the energy down here.
    Energy is "the ability to do work".
    If you mean "spiritual presence", please say so, it will reduce the chances of you passing on the misusage of the word.
    Am I expecting to much to soon to be able to connect?
    Yes.
    You are expecting too much in expecting to connect at all, unless you believe that sacred places exist to serve our individual needs, in which case I can be of no help whatsoever.

Advertisement