Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi in Waterford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

true I was in lidl in holland a couple of years ago and everything was in the exact same place in the store

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looks like we are only a few days away folks. The shelves were been stacked as I passed by this afternoon. All the tills and counters are also in place, along with the trolleys. Two more trucks outside unloading stock also.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Big advert in this weeks Munster Express, Aldi is offically opening its new store in Waterford City on Thursday 11th May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Well has anyone been in there yet ? I did'nt go yet just waiting for the fuss to die down its probably packed all day .
    A word of warning though I heard the chocolate soldiers are haunting the area so if you are going in there make sure to put up a disc if you're using the on street parking or else it could be an expensive shopping trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is city parking by disc or machine receipt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

get your ticket validated in Aldi if you using the car park it's free.

also only park form 2B up wards as the lift only goes from here down to the store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i saw some people handing out fliers the other day at like 8.30 in the morning !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi - am fairly new to waterford and dont know my way around much yet.... could anyone give me directions from hospital area to aldi please.

also- how do i get to lisduggan and is the shopping centre there any good?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sam34, forgive me being pedantic, but you should really start a new thread rather than resurrecting one that's over two years old :rolleyes::D

In answer to your question though, there are currently two Aldis in Waterford - and a third being built in Kingsmeadow, if I'm right. When you say "hospital area" I presume you're talking about Waterford Regional in Ardkeen, right?

In that case, to get to Aldi:

City centre: follow city centre signs from Ardkeen, and make a right onto the Quay when you get to the Tower Hotel/Reginald's Tower. Follow the Quay until the lights at the Bridge. Turn left and keep left where the road forks. You'll come to Aldi on the left. Parking is around the back, a straight left after the supermarket.

Ferrybank. Out across the bridge, follow the N25 for Rosslare. The dual carriageway narrows to a two lane road about a mile out, and about half a mile further on there's a roundabout. Aldi is there.

If it's just a budget supermarket you're looking for though, Lidl is in the Ardkeen shopping centre, right across from the hospital.

Welcome to Blaa-land, by the way! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

fricatus wrote: »
    sam34, forgive me being pedantic, but you should really start a new thread rather than resurrecting one that's over two years old :rolleyes::D

see, i googled "aldi location in waterford" and it took me to this thread. i thought i'd get a virtual slap on the wrist for opening up a new one rather than using this one :rolleyes:

thanks for the directions, yep am heading from ardkeen.
    am looking specifically for aldi cause i saw stuff in their catalogue this wkend that i want to get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement