Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering/Seeking German grinds? Post here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chomps1

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Hi There,

I'm moving to Berlin in May and I'm looking to learn as much German as I can before I go!

I honoured German in the leaving cert but that was a few years ago now.

I'm a girl living in the city centre and would be happy to do a language exchange or just get grinds.

If anyone out there can help please pm me.

Danke!

Hey there mate,
    my skypename is altochomps. Contact me if you like (I'll give you free grinds). I need all the experience I can get :). I'll teach you how to sound like a Berliner too.
    Talk soon
    Chomps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silke_Braun

I would like to help you with your German, I'm a native speaker.
    I live in Artane and could come into the city centre.
    During the day I work in a school but after school, around 4 pm we could meet in town.
    If you are interested send me a private message

Silke
    Beetlebum wrote: »
    Hi There,

I'm moving to Berlin in May and I'm looking to learn as much German as I can before I go!

I honoured German in the leaving cert but that was a few years ago now.

I'm a girl living in the city centre and would be happy to do a language exchange or just get grinds.

If anyone out there can help please pm me.

Danke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Inkblot

In general I can offer some German grinds. I study at Trinity, so I am normally at city center and I have quite some free time.

Being a linguistics student and a Native Speaker I might also be able to explain some of the grammatical phenomenas.

Just PM me for details. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 katie.haughney

hi is there any chance you do junior cert grinds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Inkblot

I am sure I could do them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Hi folks, great to see that this thread is working for people. I think it's best if you don't give out your mobile phone numbers on the thread though. Such details are best exchanged over private message.

Thank You. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peter scargill

Hi,
    I'm pretty new at German but want to get a lot better for my German girlfriend. Can anybody around bray/south Dublin/city centre area give me grinds in the morning or afternoon? I usually start work in Dublin at around 4ish and dont finish till late so it'll need to be earlier rather then later.
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

any groups or places in Galway for German classes?

Just want to learn the language, have basic level of German only, have been to Germany a few times and loved it, plan on travelling there more often in the future.

Thanks.

PM ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RuthMacMahon

What I offer:
    German grinds for all second level students and adult learners in your own home.

Galway city and suburbs

Oral and written exam preparation
    Aural – listening help
    Grammar made easy

Grinds tailored to individual needs
    Handy handouts and exercises

About me:
    - Currently completing my Postgraduate Diploma for secondary school teaching in the NUI Galway.
    - Graduated with a BA from Trinity College in 2009 having studied German.
    - Teaching and grind experience (both classes and individuals).
    - Lived and worked for over 2 ½ years in Germany
    - Worked through German for a multinational firm in Dublin.
    - 25 years old, enthusiastic, experienced - have taught in several educational settings with adults, teenagers and primary school students. Passionate about languages and culture, conscientious, professional, caring.

Lessons in the comfort of your own home

Email or PM me for more information:

Modedit: please do not publish your e-mail address here (it's in your own interest what with spam robots and all that)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

is there anybody iving grind in the limerick/east clare area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stef_

Chomps1 wrote: »
    Hi there I live in Maynooth and would be delighted to help you with any aspect of grammar or writing. I can also help you with speaking it. There's not enough of an empasis put on actually speaking the language and the oral is a very important part of your exam. pm if you are interested. I only charge 15E p/h and I live right next door to the campus here in Maynooth.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
    Are you still interested in teaching German in Maynooth?

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emily42

Hi, I'm a teacher with over 15 years teaching experience offering German grinds in Tullamore. I have a degree in German and have spent 3 years working in Germany. I am currently a Primary school teacher but I spent 3 years teaching German up to Honours Leaving Certificate at Secondary Level.

Preparation will be given in all areas of the exam - oral, written, comprehension, aural and grammar.
    Grinds are €25 per hour.
    Vielen Dank!
    Emily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tintenherz

Hi there,

I'm a final year Law and German student at trinity. I've spent almost 2 years living and studying in Germany. I have spent time working for a German company translating new German legislation into English so I am very familiar with grammar and written German and am able to explain it quite clearly. I've just spent the past year studying German law at a university in Berlin so the language is fresh in my mind.

I have given grinds to second level students in the past so I am very familiar with the junior and leaving certificate courses and what is required of the students in order to do well.

Very reasonably priced - 20 euro per hour. Quite flexible time-wise. Available from September onwards, in the city centre.

If you would like to know more you can send me a PM and I will get back to you!

Ciarán

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flynna3

Junior and Leaving Certificate Grinds available in the following subjects:

Maths
    English
    Irish
    German
    History
    Business/Accounting

Both higher and ordinary levels catered for.

Top class notes, past paper solutions and study advice available for every subject.

Willing to travel to your home if convenient. Flexible times. Dublin area.

Competitive rates.

PM or leave comment below for further information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skjogrady

German grinds in your own home in Dublin given by an experienced tutor. All levels catered for up to higher level leaving cert and beyond For more information visit www.dublingrinds.com

Bis bald Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tee.

Just back from studying in Germany and ready to help out!
    Finishing my degree (German & Italian) this year in UCC.

Junior Cert and Leaving Cert help in all areas.

20 euro an hour, first session free!

Situated in Cork City weekdays and Mitchelstown area at weekends.

PM if interested :)

Patricia

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BarryJames

Hi,

I am looking for German grinds in preparation for the Leaving Cert next summer. I am currently living in Dublin city. I need help in exam preparation. If there is anyone out there than can help, please contact me.

Thank you,
    Barry Cahill.

Hi Ciaran,
    I am looking for help in exam preparation. I would really only be available on Saturdays, would that be ok for you? I live in Dublin city too. If you are interested get in contact with me.

Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 savage52

Please contact me re my Daughter EDIT via PM
    Thanks,

Liam.
    German Grinds available in Cork City/County from a first class honours graduate in German from UCC ( with A's in both Junior and Leaving Cert German). I've lived in Germany for two years, including one year teaching in a secondary school there, and am experienced in giving grinds, both to school/college students and also to adults looking to learn German for personal reasons.

Grinds are given in students home, and I'll travel anywhere within 45 minutes drive of Cork city (will also travel longer distances if extra travel costs are paid).

Rate: €25/hour. Group rates available. All levels catered for.
    Contact me by PM.

MODEDIT
    Please do not publish private phone numbers here, use PM instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EBarron

As a fluent German-speaking psychology graduate (2011) of UCD who spent a year studying in Berlin through German, offering German (and Maths) grinds in the Dublin area.

With1) a comprehensive understanding of the German language gained through living and studying in Germany for a year, 2) having studied German at both Junior and Leaving Cert level 3) knowledge of that which is required to maximise grades in German exams, would be delighted to offer assistance to any students of German at both Junior Cert and Leaving Cert level seeking some additional help. Assistance offered at each level: written, oral, and aural. Maths grinds for Junior Cert, higher or ordinary level also offered.

The first grind would be completely free of charge! If further grinds were desired thereafter, 20euros/hour would be charged for a grind given here in the quiet setting offered in tutor's home in Stillorgan. 25euros/hour would be charged for a grind given in the student's home. If interested, please feel free to private message!

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I am interested in your post. I am currently preparing for the German Leaving Cert and was wondering could you help me? My number is 089-XXXXXX, if you are interested, call me.
    Thank you very much,
    Barry.

MODEDIT:
    Please do not publish your private phone number here, use the private massage function instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EBarron

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your message and expressing an interest in the German grinds. As you can see in your message above, your mobile number was blocked out. You may not have seen it yet, but in the meantime, I've sent you a private message. Perhaps, you could send me your mobile number in a private message, and we can then discuss the possibility of German grinds.Thanks very much!

All the best

Eamonn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DJJ

Hi. Would be interested in hearing from anyone with experience in providing German tuition on a one-to-one basis, preferably from a native speaker. I would classify myself as a Beginner+. Can get by in hotels, restaurants etc but need to improve.

Would hope to have an initial discussion/meeting re suggested lesson plan and most importantly, agree a fee. Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GCCC

DJJ wrote: »
    Hi. Would be interested in hearing from anyone with experience in providing German tuition on a one-to-one basis, preferably from a native speaker. I would classify myself as a Beginner+. Can get by in hotels, restaurants etc but need to improve.

Would hope to have an initial discussion/meeting re suggested lesson plan and most importantly, agree a fee. Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks.

hey,

the german culture and communication centre offers quite range of courses. see here for more:
    http://gccc-cork.com/courses.php

we focus on the individual learning goals and even if you don't live in cork we might be able to support you through skype-learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 matjaco

Hi, I am German native living in the area you mentioned. Have past experience in giving grinds as student (School and University) and would be interested to learn what you are looking for. Feel free to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mariquita

Hi,
    I'm a German native living in Ennis, Co. Clare. I'm a fully qualified German teacher, and I'm offering German grinds to all years in second level and third level education.
    I have a 3 year experience at teaching 2nd year, Junior Cert, 5th year and Leaving cert students at a grind school and a 3 year experience at teaching beginners and advanced students at a third level institution.
    I have lots of very helpful and professional comprehension, grammar, writing and oral practice material.
    Please contact me if interested at riederm@tcd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 abi1986

Hi there, I am postgrad student looking for a grinds teacher to help improve my German, I just completed level B2.2 at the Goethe Institute. I have a Zertifikat Deutsch. I can read German fairly well. I am looking to improve my fluency by talking in German more often and I would also like to do some written work to improve my German writing. Basically my speaking is miles behind my reading skills.

I would prefer a native speaker, and preferably someone who can explain aspects of complex grammar to me. I would like to have the grinds in Maynooth, however I could travel if there is public transport to where you live (I have no car).

PM me if you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Long shot but...

Is there anyone who can offer German grinds to a total beginner who is living in Germany! Just moved here and while I can survive very well with English I would like to learn the language. Would like to take a private class first before going to an institute later on. I live near enough to Frankfurt in the Bingen-Mainz area.

I know that it is a long shot but worth a try here.

Send me a PM if you live near Bingen.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭LovelyLottie

Graduate of Trinity College (2.1 degree in German & Italian) available for Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert. German grinds in the Dublin area. PM me if you're interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nikki103

Hi everyone! I am looking for a German tutor for grinds in the Dublin15/Dunboyne area. I have a few students looking for grinds so we would have a few hours per week available. These grinds could be organised around existing commitments you may have. I need someone who can give both leaving and junior cert grinds. I also have some hours available for other subjects so if you can do any other grinds let me know. A college degree would be great but at the end of the day it's results that count so if you think your the person for the job let me know. Cheers Nikki

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement