Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Duze"

Options
  • 29-07-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Just a quick query in case anybody knows. I am heading to Berlin for a few weeks on Saturday and have been in contact with my host. I sent her an email using the polite form and in her reply she said
    Ich hoffe es ist ok, dass ich dich duze

Now I think I get what she means, basically "can we use the informal du?"

Am I right with that? Also, how would you reply in the positive? I can't find anything online, "duze ist gut/perfekt" doesn't seem right. Basically how would you say "yeah it's fine with me to use the informal form?"

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah, duzen and siezen

I guess I'd say ja wir koennen uns duzen or more simply ja kein problem/ja gerne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah, duzen and siezen

I guess I'd say ja wir koennen uns duzen or more simply ja kein problem/ja gerne

"Ja, wir koennen uns duzen" I exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I was just going to say "Ja, kein problem" but wanted to include the "duzen" word in it as I suppose it's something that's going to come up more than once! :)

Advertisement