Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamix

• 21-09-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Does anyone have one of these machines?

I have been checking them out and while they are outrageously expensive, they seem to be fantastic machines, capable of making ice-cream, soup and doing all sorts of blending....

Don't know if I can justify the cost but would love to get some first hand comments on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

curiousb wrote: »
    Does anyone have one of these machines?

I have been checking them out and while they are outrageously expensive, they seem to be fantastic machines, capable of making ice-cream, soup and doing all sorts of blending....

Don't know if I can justify the cost but would love to get some first hand comments on them?

Don't have any experience with the Vitamix, but the Thermomix seems to be a better choice.

I've only seen the Vitamix on the web and in some pretty cheesy TV infomercials but I know plenty of professional kitchens using the Thermomix, especially people at Michelin level like Alan Murchison, Bryn Williams, Carlo Cracco etc.

It's probably just as expensive as the Vitamix but I've used mine for everything from making ice-cream to crushing ice, making breadcrumbs, making flour and sauces. It works as a great bain-marie especially when using melted chocolate in a recipe. It also comes with a steaming basket which works brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

that's a new one on me, I'll check it out. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I saw a Vitamix being demonstrated at the Ideal Homes Show in London a couple of years ago and have been obsessed with the idea of getting one ever since! I literally stood there with my flatmate for an hour watching the same demonstration over and over and sampling all the resulting soup/smoothies/ice cream until I fully expected to be asked to buy something or get lost!

I've never been able to bring myself to pay that much for a kitchen appliance but one day... My flatmate and I have since used a Vitamix as a sort of unit of currency, ie "You paid £200 for that??? Jesus, that's half a Vitamix!":o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mrsfive

It is a really nice blender. I received one as a gift, but the top broke and the replacement top was very expensive! I just bought a nice Cuisinart one as a replacement and it was just as good for my purposes, I only used it for pancake batter and smoothies.

Advertisement