Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italy resorts

• 04-07-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Italy which would be decent for an intermediate and a very timid intermediate for a week skiing in late Jan or Feb that doesn't have a transfer time of 4-5 hours?

I know of Livigno and Cervinia and while they sound like they'd fit the bill the transfer is I think too long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Transfer to Cervinia is only a couple of hours max.

I went there twice. Great resort for intermediates and beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

Fiachra2 wrote: »
    Transfer to Cervinia is only a couple of hours max.

I went there twice. Great resort for intermediates and beginners.

Hi fiachra2, where did you fly into and how did you make the transfer? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

I travelled with Crystal and we flew to Turin. I checked their broochure and the t/f is 2 hours.

NB we had several begginers and a lot of "cappuchino" skiiers in our group and they all loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

Second that on Cervinia not to mention skiing into Zermatt , Switzerland on a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

micko123 wrote: »
    Second that on Cervinia not to mention skiing into Zermatt , Switzerland on a couple of days.

me too, this is where I stay.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g187864-d1025287-Reviews-Les_Neiges_d_Antan-Breuil_Cervinia_Valle_d_Aosta.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

micko123 wrote: »

Have done that in the opposite direction, managed to get a relatively cheap package for Zermatt, and the terrain looked perfectly fine for the OP's needs. Beautiful scenery there as well if you head up to the top of the glacier or down towards Zermatt.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

Cervinia is ok for intermediate and beginners as well. Transfer from Turin airport no longer than 1,5 hrs. Great skiing, lots of slopes, snow guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Try Sauze d'Oulx - about an hours transfer and plenty of variety for all levels.

Advertisement