Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English mobile network

• 16-10-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I'll soon be moving to England and am looking into which mobile network to go with.

I would prefer a pre-paid option. I have a phone unlocked to networks so just really need a sim and was wondering which network would be best

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Giff-Gaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Really depends on where you live. I live in London and commute back and forth to Dublin so I Three Pre pay as I can use it in either location at no extra cost. Coverage in London is great so have no complaints. It's also "unlimited" internet which means I can connect my Chromebook when I need to.
    22magtech wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll soon be moving to England and am looking into which mobile network to go with.

I would prefer a pre-paid option. I have a phone unlocked to networks so just really need a sim and was wondering which network would be best

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Giff-Gaff?

This. Properly cost effective deals and iirc they use 02's network so coverage shouldn't be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

I found lycamobile quite good. Decent bundle options in the UK that won't cost you more than a tenner, fairly cheap to ring landlines back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 polor

The best value is probably PrePay on 3. 3p per min for calls, 2p per text and 1p per mb data. I use this as a spare phone and the coverage seems as good as my contract phone which is on o2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement