Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's so bad about eating red meat?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Two of the most respected nutritional experts in the world recommend grass fed beef over corn fed beef, Chris Kesser and Mark Sisson.I've read there reviews of various studies and can see they have a good understanding of logic and the scientific process.

They are not respected by people who understand nutrition. They're only 'respected' by people who want what they say to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

They are not respected by people who understand nutrition. They're only 'respected' by people who want what they say to be true.

Have you evidence to show this to be true?

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Have you evidence to show this to be true?

Until you start providing evidence for some of your claims I think it's wasted on you. If someone asks you for evidence you just repeat your point or give a link to biased website. You obviously don't appreciate evidence because you believe things with no evidence, why would anyone bother giving you evidence? I'll give you a nice quote that every post you make reminds me of;

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?” - Sam Harris

Until you start providing evidence for some of your claims I think it's wasted on you. If someone asks you for evidence you just repeat your point or give a link to biased website. You obviously don't appreciate evidence because you believe things with no evidence, why would anyone bother giving you evidence? I'll give you a nice quote that every post you make reminds me of;

“If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?” - Sam Harris

So that's a no I don't have evidence to show what I said to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Here's a link to an excellent study into grass fed vs corn fed meat

http://www.journalofanimalscience.org/content/86/12/3575.long

• Advertisement

So that's a no I don't have evidence to show what I said to be true!

Bruno, Bruno, Bruno

Bruno, Bruno, Bruno

Did it take you 8 days to think of that response !

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Two of the most respected nutritional experts in the world recommend grass fed beef over corn fed beef, Chris Kesser and Mark Sisson.I've read there reviews of various studies and can see they have a good understanding of logic and the scientific process.

I generally take there advice on nutrition.
    Is there some sort of weird wordfilter thing going on that substitutes "marketing" for "nutritional?" Because your post makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

Is there some sort of weird wordfilter thing going on that substitutes "marketing" for "nutritional?" Because your post makes absolutely no sense otherwise.

Do you have evidence to show what they say is incorrect?

Did it take you 8 days to think of that response !

Did you ever see beetlejuice? Just wanted to see what would happen if I said your name 3 times..

• Advertisement

Do you have evidence to show what they say is incorrect?

Tell us something they say about carbs and we'll see. Keep in mind that if is something that agrees with the general consensus of nutrition science (read, people with cop on) then there is nothing unique about Sisson and Wolf, and that Occam's razor would cut their heads off, so it should be something the say that is 'against the norm'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Its not rocket science:

You are what you eat. The same goes for cows.
    Cow eats crap = meat = crap
    Cow eats good = meat = good

I can't understand how anyone can't see that. It just makes sense. It really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭jh79

colman1212 wrote: »
    Its not rocket science:

I can't understand how anyone can't see that. It just makes sense. It really does.

Analysis of meat from different feed types shows no significant differences between the two. But to be fair corn is hardly crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

jh79 wrote: »
    Analysis of meat from different feed types shows no significant differences between the two. But to be fair corn is hardly crap.

IIRC, it was originally intimated that where cattle were corn-fed, they were also being fed chemicals to enhance the meat quality and quantity.

colman1212 wrote: »
    Its not rocket science:

That certainly isn't rocket science.

Rocket science isn't actually that difficult inallinanywayaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭jh79

IIRC, it was originally intimated that where cattle were corn-fed, they were also being fed chemicals to enhance the meat quality and quantity.

No evidence that the levels of these chemicals (if present at all) have any negative effects.

jh79 wrote: »
    No evidence that the levels of these chemicals (if present at all) have any negative effects.

The absence of evidence isn't the same as evidence of absence.

I haven't gone looking so I couldn't say either way but I would rather eat something that hasn't been pumped with chemicals.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

The absence of evidence isn't the same as evidence of absence.

I haven't gone looking so I couldn't say either way but I would rather eat something that hasn't been pumped with chemicals.

But that's just me.

Everything is a chemical :pac:

But yeah I mostly agree. I do think this gets overblown by the whole paleo movement though. It might not be ideal but it beats not eating met.

Also if everyone followed a similar eating habit a lot of people would die due to lack of resources.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Everything is a chemical :pac:

But yeah I mostly agree. I do think this gets overblown by the whole paleo movement though. It might not be ideal but it beats not eating met.

Also if everyone followed a similar eating habit a lot of people would die due to lack of resources.

I agree that just because something is synthetic, doesn't mean it's harmful. There is a cut-off scale.

It's not something I spend a lot of time worrying about.

A world without meat is inconceivable. It would lead to an outbreak of veganism. And that means more vegans...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

TL;DR

red meat, get it into ya cynthia

Don't let the vegans win!!eleven!

Advertisement