Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do with Sheamus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

289565.PNG

First new tweet just up, name down as #TheStreak, the plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Drew Mcintyre claiming he was hacking his account but seems all very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Put him in a heel stable with regal, Barrett, McIntyre and mason ryan..... Like in wwe 12! Regal would be the proper mouth piece

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The new WWE thing is doing stuff like this over the weekend when nothing else is going on so fans have something to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    The new WWE thing is doing stuff like this over the weekend when nothing else is going on so fans have something to talk about.

So much for the lasting effects of Friday night Smackdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sirsok wrote: »
    Put him in a heel stable with regal, Barrett, McIntyre and mason ryan..... Like in wwe 12! Regal would be the proper mouth piece

Good idea. Regal leading a faction with Shamey and Barrett.

Personally, would fire the other two. Charisma vacuums.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

An Irish Faction with Sheamus, Rebecca (Becky Lynch) Maybe Devitt depending on his NJPW. Lead by Finlay.

Know need to join a UK one. Let the UK guys have there own faction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It sounds naff when you say it but I think an Irish stable could be brilliant.

I'll stick with the tag team of Pretty Ridiculous with Veronica Lane for Becky:

cf4c34dc814911e3878212a6fed0d37b_8.jpg

Smile and Wave

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    It sounds naff when you say it but I think an Irish stable could be brilliant.

Add Hornswoggle into that faction. Its WWE creative after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Dracula88

Just when I was about to lose all faith in WWE guess who returned. Yes that's right the Celtic Warrior Sheamus. I personally couldn't stomach WWE without him. He is without a doubt my favourite wrestler. The best in my opinion. I miss him as champion he really deserves that spot. I love his brawling style. Can't wait to see what he can do in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's going to play up front with Shola Ameobi once' Vince buys Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Dracula88 wrote: »
    Just when I was about to lose all faith in WWE guess who returned. Yes that's right the Celtic Warrior Sheamus. I personally couldn't stomach WWE without him. He is without a doubt my favourite wrestler. The best in my opinion. I miss him as champion he really deserves that spot. I love his brawling style. Can't wait to see what he can do in the future.

tumblr_m85drlsS7N1rclg0oo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

289565.PNG

First new tweet just up, name down as #TheStreak, the plot thickens.

WOW, I really hope this doesn't lead to Sheamus Vs. The Undertaker for WMXXX, that's really underwhelming if it turns out to be the case.

Sheamus is no threat to the streak at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Stick him in a feud with Cesaro post chamber ,will be aweomse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Loughc wrote: »
    WOW, I really hope this doesn't lead to Sheamus Vs. The Undertaker for WMXXX, that's really underwhelming if it turns out to be the case.

Sheamus is no threat to the streak at all.

I, for one, wouldn't mind no 'Take this year. He's pushing fifty, his WM matches have been samey for the last several years and the streak is too great a thing to lose. If he were to lose it, it should be after a long feud. It should be like Hogan v. Andre, not bus him in for two weeks tops. That's not drama, and that would be underwhelming and quite a disservice.

Decent of a thread bump but I thought this interview referenced on the Review A Wai podcast was worth posting in a dedicated thread especially the second half:
    There's a good chance Long Island's pro wrestling fans will be on their worst behavior when WWE's LIVE Road to WrestleMania Tour makes a stop at the Nassau Coliseum this Saturday night, and Sheamus wouldn't have it any other way.

"It has a reputation," Sheamus said of the Coliseum, known for years for hosting the kind of fans who boo the good guys, cheer the bad guys and are quick with a chant if they don't like what's going on in the ring.

"We know it's a crowd that might go against the grain, and we deal with it," said Sheamus, who will battle old foe Alberto Del Rio at the Uniondale event.

"There's a couple cities like that. When you go, they want the show to be about them sometimes or their opinions, which is cool. They're paying their money. They're going to do what they want to do and it makes it interesting for all of us. You just go with it,man. We're professionals. If you fight them, you're going to drown."

The "Celtic Warrior" knows plenty about fighting, having won three world titles and the 2012 Royal Rumble since debuting five years ago. But the biggest battle of his last year has been against a shoulder injury that sidelined him for six months until his return this past January.

Although Sheamus said he enjoyed his most-prolonged visit with relatives in Ireland in nearly a decade, by November he was primed to get back to work.

"I was ready to come back at the Survivor Series, but for whatever reason they wanted me to wait for the new year," said Sheamus, who returned as a "surprise" entrant in this year's Rumble match. "I firmly believe everybody knew I was going to come back at the Rumble."

Sheamus acknowledged that the news of his return became somewhat buried in the other headlines coming out of that night, including Batista's in-ring return and fans' strong emotions about Daniel Bryan being left out of the match. Still, Sheamus considers his return an unmitigated success.

"I was just glad to be back in the ring. I rehabbed my shoulder really, really well. It was my first injury and I got through it with flying colors. So, for me, in that respect it was a success," said Sheamus, who spent some of his time away from the ring re-evaluating his WWE character.

"Rehabbing my injuring, I was kind of spinning my wheels and I kind of realized I let my character become a little bit hokey. So coming back, I'm a lot more motivated, a lot more direct. I want to have fun every now and again . . . but you can't just rest on your laurels. There a lot of young guys in the developmental system coming up and the way you handle that is by going out there and having the best match you can each and every night," Sheamus said. "WrestleMania is around the corner and we're all looking to tear it up. Everybody is on their A-game."

Sheamus is tentatively scheduled to be part of the 30-man Andre the Giant memorial battle royal at WrestleMania 30 on April 6 in New Orleans. Sheamus acknowledged that since debuting at WrestleMania XXVI in a top-billed match against Triple-H in 2010, he's not been featured as prominently as he'd like on the "Show of Shows."

"It was such a huge match, and I feel like at every Mania since then, I haven't had the opportunity to do that again. I'm hoping at Mania 30 or 31 to bounce back to that level again," he said. "The wheel goes round and round and comes back and opportunities are given again. You just have to remember that. After four years of experience -- and especially after the match with Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 27 for the U.S. title that ended up being a dark match -- you've got to realize that patience is a huge key in this game."

Sheamus battled Bryan again at WrestleMania 28 in 2012, but that match is remembered more for lasting 18 seconds than the fact that Sheamus won it to capture the world heavyweight championship. Sheamus believes it all worked out for the best in the end.

"I just know we had zero storyline going into that pay-per-view. Obviously, you want more time, but coming out of that match, we had more steam than anybody going into Extreme Rules," said Sheamus, who beat Bryan again in a show-stealing match at the subsequent pay-per-view event. "I thought the way it happened drew so much interest in that match at Extreme Rules, and we were able to pay it off. The story really came after Mania."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wrestling/sheamus-calls-long-island-s-wwe-crowd-interesting-1.7466191

Seems to be chomping at the bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

rovert wrote: »
    Seems to be chomping at the bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8dBpQmt7A&t=0m26s

----

Sheamus vs Barrett plz.

Or Christian forevermore. Whatever works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

No more Christian matches please, the last 200 were enough for me.

turn him heel, they can't book him properly as a face so may as well turn him where they should be able to do more with him.

Money could be made with him as corporation muscle challenging Bryan after Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

He just needs a bit of an overhaul really. I don't think just turning him heel would solve anything long-term. He just needs to drop the OTT Irish shtick to be honest. I'm proud he's one of our own and all that but I don't need it shoved in my face either, drop the "fella" nonsense and the random Father Ted and other references that at the end of the day, whilst a little bit of fun at the start has worn thin especially when you consider the majority of the audience watching doesn't have a clue what he's on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

He needs to turn heel and fast, IMO. He's really without a direction at the minute. Enjoyed his initial heel character. If the Authority storyline continues, he should join HHH, given his closeness back stage with him.

Worth bumping a dedicated thread to him this video:

I certainly gave him no chance when he was signed by WWE. Thought he would be EXPOSED at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I hope he wins the Battle Royal I threw a couple of euro on him @12/1 on Paddy Power Ireland's betting commision :)

Sheamus is utterly fantastic here:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"Shoddy workmanship". :D

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I love Sheamus but if he is gonna stay babyface his feuds need to be at the real min event level and that means Brock Lesnar! Sheamus could lose but as long as the feud and match are good it will work out well for him.

Cesaro would be good as well but as neither are established main eventers yet it would need the WWE title which I expect Cesaro to win this year.

Other than that his options are limited and a heel turn has to be on the cards. It doesn't come down to whether he is better as heel or face, more that most wrestlers should change every few years to stay fresh.

He has pull and respect backstage so it's up to him to go to Triple H or Vince and demand to be taken to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd say Sheamus is done at that level. The time to make him look important again was surely upon his return.

Sheamus opened some Shaywisers on Twitter:

15s3gq1.jpg
    2wf4ys1.jpg
    k33d4k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

So Sheamus was reportedly involved in a physical altercation with Sin Cara at this week's WWE TV tapings in New York. (Source: lords of pain).

Not the first time this has happened Shambo. Happened with Yoshi Tatsu few years ago also.

Sheamus has gone on a twitter rant in the last 24hrs:
    Must be getting punchy. Don't remember being beaten up by Sin Cara backstage... It's just how Mexicans & we Irishmen hug it out fella ;)

For the record interwebbers. 3 BRITS don't hold @WWE titles. 2 Brits & 1 Irish fella OR 2 brunettes & 1 handsome ginger hold titles.

...and ALL dirt sheet heroes who dream they "got the better" of me away from cameras. Step up. Be men. In the ring most days. Try me fella.

...and lastly dirty sheeters. I'm not HHH's "work-out buddy". Trained with Hunter 3 times. In 2009. In Australia... Now. Back to me day off.
    So whats goin on with this fella ;-).

Personally I prefer Heel Sheamus from back in 2010 when he was a real bad @$$.

I thought putting the US title on him in the battle royal was the wrong thing to do. Not just for him but I always believe its a downgrade for any former world heavyweight champ to win the IC/US title after world title reign.

I get that the European tour is coming up and WWE might have wanted a title for him for the Dublin gig.

• Advertisement

The pressure of being US Champion is getting to him.

Advertisement