Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do with Sheamus?

• 22-12-2013 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Celtic Warrior will return at some stage in early 2014, the Rumble is a likely target. Do you think they should turn him heel? He seemed to be spinning his wheels a bit in the months prior to his injury, and the crowd reaction told a tale. The smarks on a few of the wrestling sites I visit seem to despise him.

I think he's a good wrestler who always puts on a good show and can work with anyone, look at the matches he got out of Big Show in the latter part of 2012 for instance.

Personally I'd like him to join up with HHH and co and turn heel, but I've a feeling because he does move merch and is popular with younger fans that they'll keep him face.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

would like to see him return at the rumble ppv but not in the rumble itself, maybe interfere against someone from the shield, get a feud going with ambrose i think would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like him at all but though the would have done brilliant as a bodyguard to HHH and join the Authority when the Shield eventually split, maybe he could fight a babyface Reigns, but dont know is that possible with the return of
    Batista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

I like Sheamus, think he has a good brawling style. I like to see him go all out heel but as the op states he seems to be quite popular with younger fans,and that's their target audience at the moment. Plus he seems to be the go to choice when WWE are doing their PR and charity events.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Think him joining the Authority could be good. I'd like to see him as a heel as his babyface run had gone WAY past it's expiry date.

Maybe feud with a babyface Reigns?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Non baby kissing face could be great for him either. Aggressive in the way Ryback was pre heel turn but with ability to put in a good match.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

May sound like something for the prediction thread. But I see him working with and trying to get over Alexander Rusev who apparently taped some hype vignettes for the main roster and is next be called up.

2m7f144.jpg

Make him humble the old Country way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

^^^ ugh, not Rusev.... what do they see in that guy? Theres far better talent ready for call up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    ^^^ ugh, not Rusev.... what do they see in that guy? Theres far better talent ready for call up.

He is a big guy and we all know WWE love them

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Foreign heel = $$$

vladimir-kozlov.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bringing Lana as well? :)

Speaking of big guys, outside of Ascension and Kruger(or whatever his name is now), who else do they have in NXT?

As for Sheamus, he'll be face upon returning as long time absentees usually are, so would need to do something to turn heel.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Bringing Lana as well? :)

Yes.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of big guys, outside of Ascension and Kruger(or whatever his name is now), who else do they have in NXT?

Mason fecking Ryan. He has leaned out a lot and has got gotten quicker and less muscle bound. He is the current tag partner of star in the making Jason Jordan on NXT live events. Ryan is in role of as the person in team who gets the hot tag and cleans house.

Mojo Rawley who has begun to appear on NXT TV is tipped to be the next Cena type star. Still early days but he has a great upper body and speaking ability. As well as impressive virtual leap. His on and off screen personality is essentially Duffman.

WWE has a shed load of massive ex-American Football types who have largely only been in NXT since July.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Surely he's an obvious choice to face the Real Americans?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Surely he's an obvious choice to face the Real Americans?

How would that angle go? The Real Americans don't like the Irish, or just Sheamus taking a general dislike to their attitude? If it's the former, I find any sort of historical or ethnic motivation meant to compel a feud with an Irish wrestler to be very underwhelming. Cole's attempts to talk up Finlay's matches with the likes of Regal by mentioning the requisite (?)00 years of British oppression were pretty cringe worthy. If WWE were to go that route, though, I'd stick Finlay in Sheamus's corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Provided his merch sales stay strong with the Kiddies he'll be staying a face. Just somewhere below the main event scene.

The Real Americans don't like illegal immigrants. The WWE have been clear in their definition of their characters. Actually, they should be having a go at Barrett after his visa problems, but Sheamus could really go against Cesaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Could just have Sheamus talking to Mysterio to set Colter off, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Heel turn would be a bad idea, mainly because he's not a good heel. A feud with the Real Americans would go nicely. Have them feud with another wrestler and have Sheamus return evening the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

I don't think he should turn right away. It wouldn't be as effective and the crowd will be cheering his return anyways (the 'lil jimmies anyway). Maybe leave it until after WM like Ryback this year, hopefully not with the same consequences as Ryback mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Heel turn would be a bad idea, mainly because he's not a good heel. A feud with the Real Americans would go nicely. Have them feud with another wrestler and have Sheamus return evening the odds

I thought he was a great heel, a tough Irish brute who could wind up a crowd. As a face WWE portray him as the happy go lucky big thick Mick. A jovial simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Send him back to the hardy bucks,Eddie durkan style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

I'd like to see him go face to face with Rikishi's ass. To be honest he'd go down quicker at summer slam that a blim without wings, all depends on what angle you look at it though. Isn't really a match for Mankind or any of that jazz like

Going back to the United Kingdom faction in the 12 game maybe. I think a three faction of Sheamus, Drew and Barrett could make quite an impact.

As somebody whom has visited and lived in the States, it's easy to get offended at the GB grouping. We're a small island, Many over there consider us part of the UK. Pure ignorance.

Th US don't give one solitary fcuk about us apart from their occasional fawning In the Italian dominant 'Howard Beach' area of NY terms like 'White N1gger' and 'Smoked Irish' are still common place.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd like to see him feud with Lesnar

Is there any word out about his return date? Is the Rumble still a possibility?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Change his music to dropkick murphys shipping out to Boston. That what should be done with Seamus

Last that I heard was that he was frustrated with the speed (or lack there of) of his recuperation. That was a couple of months ago though. Nothing has been said of him officially by WWE since that interview so a Rumble return is far from impossible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I love Shambo but I'm not enamoured with his Irish-Cena or jerkass character. I would like to see him try being a difference type of face. Something a bit more subtantial. Maybe doing a version of JBL/HBK with Sheamo and the authority, beating him down emotionally until his breaking point. As annoying as Trips is on screen at least this way he'll have to wrestle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Just read various rumour sites over the last few months, from turning heel (which I doubt) to facing Undertaker at WM, which he did say that he would like. I look forward to seeing him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Have said this before, but he seems like a really nice fella in interviews, a good talker and very funny - in a typically Irish self deprecating way, but he seems to sh*t the trunks when he gets a mic on WWE tv. He was way way worse than Cena in his last few months, was getting no reaction at all.

He was much better as a heel and should probably do that for a few more years before turning into a fully fledged face.

• Advertisement

Things seem to be happening.

All of his tweets were deleted and all his profile photos were removed:

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/with_replies

A new look perhaps?

Advertisement