Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I lie about my age to play in a bar/club?

• 25-06-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I want to play at this bar/club thing but they sent me a message saying are you over 18. I wanted to know if there's like a rule where minors can't play at half 7 or whatever?

Also has anyone ever lied about their age to say they're 18 and what happened?
    I'm 17, 18 in September...
    Do you think they'd let me play if I say that?

Thanks in advance c:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I want to play at this bar/club thing but they sent me a message saying are you over 18. I wanted to know if there's like a rule where minors can't play at half 7 or whatever?

Also has anyone ever lied about their age to say they're 18 and what happened?
    I'm 17, 18 in September...
    Do you think they'd let me play if I say that?

Thanks in advance c:

if you really want this gig I think you already know the answer to this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I had no problem playing in bars late when I was under 18, I think it's legal as well, just like under 18s portering in clubs, they're not allowed serve alcohol etc. I was stopped a few times heading in and out by bouncers for ID and when I said I was playing they were okay with it, and I'd say they know the rules like.

Kinda difficult to advise cause it sounds like the place you're working with are gonna be sticky about it regardless of the law.

Advertisement