Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anya, Percy Watson and Brandon Traven
    Wrestling Observer

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

The world said "James Gandolfini is dead. What can I do to make people feel better?"

And then the world then said "Easy. I can have Matt Striker fired. He's truly awful"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jamc wrote: »
    The world said "James Gandolfini is dead. What can I do to make people feel better?"

And then the world said "Easy. I can have Matt Striker fired. He's truly awful"

If Striker is awful, what are the rest? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Saoirse Embarrassed Puppy

I liked striker..think he was too smart at times on commentary for his own good... The next member of aces n eights anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If Striker is awful, what are the rest? :confused:

Generic or odd.

But Striker was truly awful, one of the worst commentators this side of face Don West commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The next member of aces n eights anyone?
    I'd rather Serg Salinas-Carter join them.

Generic or odd.

But Striker was truly awful, one of the worst commentators this side of face Don West commentary.

Striker was very good, especially compared to the likes of King and Cole.

• I have to agree with a few others. I thought Striker was awful on commentary.

"I'm marking out, bro" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

one of the worst commentators this side of face Don West commentary.

Blasphemy! :eek: And on his 50th birthday no less.

• Advertisement

This made me ROFLcopter:

noooo_zpsf76af73f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

I like(d) Striker's commentary and he had more to offer as a mouthpiece than Lawler does these days. Plus he's much more versatile. Maybe too many pop culture references but he spoke as a fan and, y'know, remembers things.

Matt, Todd and Lawro as a trio.
    Welcome to Hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Ridley wrote: »
    I like(d) Striker's commentary and he had more to offer as a mouthpiece than Lawler does these days. Plus he's much more versatile. Maybe too many pop culture references but he spoke as a fan and, y'know, remembers things.

+1 on that! I always thought his commentary was great and was almost like having a fellow fan watch the show with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

I will miss Striker he really showed a true fans passion for wrestling when he was on the mike.

But not having his contract renewed maybe a good thing for him as he wasn't sacked! WWE seems to have an overload of people doing that job at the moment. So would say the door will be open for him again if he wants to return down the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Striker had a phase as a hood manager and a longer phase as good C team commentator. When he stepped up to the B team on Smackdown he was okay, nothing special.

His recent commentary on Superstars made my ears bleed though, really was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Poor Josh Matthews is gonna get stuck in even more 'comedic' skits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I found it strange they had him in the bit with Sandow since Striker was pretty much a similar character when he was wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Striker hasn't wrestled in a good while obviously he didn't have to will probably be odd for him to get back in the ring now assuming he doesn't get another announcing gig but there aren't a lot of those around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

EdK wrote: »
    Striker hasn't wrestled in a good while obviously he didn't have to will probably be odd for him to get back in the ring now assuming he doesn't get another announcing gig but there aren't a lot of those around

Funny enough, there's a vacancy just popped up in TNA as well. Mind, I'd take Father Paul Stone himself over listening to Tazz.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Funny enough, there's a vacancy just popped up in TNA as well. Mind, I'd take Father Paul Stone himself over listening to Tazz.

I was going to say I'd take Lawler over Taz but stopped myself. As bad as Taz is, he is still better than Lawler. But pretty much anyone else will do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He's infinitely better than he was a year or two ago. Still not great, though.

He's much better than he was as a heel. He's just completely unlikeable as a person and makes it much harder to enjoy his commentary.

Not an easy job to follow in Jim Ross's footsteps, but surely there's someone better than Michael Cole/Josh Mathews out there.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/78676/tna-releases-ongoing.html?p=1
    Apparently a few Tna releases are incoming. I hope its Knux, Anderson and a few losers they hired in GutCheck.
    Knowing Tna they will gut the X-division further.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/78676/tna-releases-ongoing.html?p=1
    Apparently a few Tna releases are incoming. I hope its Knux, Anderson and a few losers they hired in GutCheck.
    Knowing Tna they will gut the X-division further.

Please be Brooke and Hulk Hogan

Amusingly hardcore TNA fans denied the feck out of Meltzer's report last week of incoming budget cuts due to the low attendances their TV tapings are getting.

Don't be shocked if Matt Morgan is on the list.

rovert wrote: »
    Amusingly hardcore TNA fans denied the feck out of Meltzer's report last week of incoming budget cuts due to the low attendances their TV tapings are getting.

Why do you say that?

rovert wrote: »

It was obvious to be coming sooner than later with them going on the road fulltime.
    Wouldn't kill me if Morgan he just offers nothing for me.

EdK wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

What Meltzer wrote last week:
    The cost of taping on the road with a lack of revenue stream is said to be a cause for concern. At this time, TNA is mostly flying in the Bound For Glory Series competitors, the Aces & Eights, some Knockouts, three X Division wrestlers and a few others.

and how expendable Morgan was made look the last time he was on TV.

Crimson, Christian York, Joey Ryan and Taeler Hendrix have been deleted from TNA's roster page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

Taylor Hendricks and Sam shaw realesed

• Advertisement

If Morgan does leave TNA I'd say he'd be able to get a job in WWE

Advertisement