Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭zimmermania

TRISTRAM SHANDY 3 40 kill is fancied today.has been running off much higher marks and i have been told today is the day 6/1 available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I may be in danger of following Casimir Road over a cliff

Big money on him, off at 8/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman wrote: »
    Big money on him, off at 8/1

Lots of unhappy punters there I'd imagine

TRISTRAM SHANDY 3 40 kill is fancied today.has been running off much higher marks and i have been told today is the day 6/1 available.

What happened there? Didn't hear it mentioned at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Clareman wrote: »
    What happened there? Didn't hear it mentioned at all

It was in the last 3 from the off
    With a mile to go was struggling and was a distant last. It was so far behind, I couldn't see if it was pulled up

• Advertisement

CH3OH wrote: »
    It was in the last 3 from the off
    With a mile to go was struggling and was a distant last. It was so far behind, I couldn't see if it was pulled up

I do noy know what happened,horse behind from word go,totally tailed off-something obviously amiss,Casimir Road ran just ok ,I backed it at 16s finished 5th.

My tips have not been too good for a while now and I feel bad for anyone losing money because of me so I will give posting tips a break (the tips) not the punting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

I do noy know what happened,horse behind from word go,totally tailed off-something obviously amiss,Casimir Road ran just ok ,I backed it at 16s finished 5th.

My tips have not been too good for a while now and I feel bad for anyone losing money because of me so I will give posting tips a break (the tips) not the punting for a while.
    Zimmer you owe no one anything. Your info is usually very good. Keep your chin up and thanks for all your info to date

J@ysus don't do that to us the week before Galway. No-one is forcing anyone to back anything, nice to see bookies take a hammering, I'm sure they're down a lot more than they're up thanks to your tips here.

And yes, I do realise I'm a week ahead of myself for the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Only bet what you can afford to lose, anything else and its time to give it up becomes too serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Zimmer you owe no one anything. Your info is usually very good. Keep your chin up and thanks for all your info to date

Just to echo this zimmer, some very good tips.

I am curious though (separate from zimmers posts) how some people can keep a straight face after giving a tip. The minimum requirement from a tip imo is the horse should be able to last the distance. You see some tips that are being passed on and the horse essentially struggles to leave the gate.

I just want to point out, in no way am i criticising the people posting here the tips they have received. I'm questioning why the tipster giving the info would tip some of these horses in the first place... is it just to be able to lay the horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

6.20 leopardstown
    Korbous 7/2
    Win bet, fancied

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

darced wrote: »

Can't blame the jockey, was heads up, heads down on the line.

Beaten by a nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Wood breeze in 6.50 Galway at 12/1. Katie rides and word direct from yard in horse is expected to go well and has a good each way chance. This race is very competitive so don't go mad. Take an e/w punt

• Registered Users Posts: 25 treklane

got a nod for wood breizh myself this morn.money showing for it 12 into 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

each way money at the end? disgusted jockey stopped trying, was never gona win it but could have cost it the 4th place

Maybe kicked a little too early and ran out of steam but each way money never the less for anybody who took advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone have any idea what the placepot paid in galway today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Placepot Pool - €78,994.24 Not Won. Carried forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Think it paid 8.20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Placepot Pool - €78,994.24 Not Won. Carried forward.

I saw that as well
    I thought it was strange as all favorites placed

The racing post has €8.20 on the bottom of the results page
    I'd imagine that is more correct
    (a little slower than Cantonesque)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Mate of mine got it but as I thought it was very low with all favourites placed

Empresario! anyone with a good memory remember me posting this one a few times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

All over it.

Got word for Mr Michael in the 5.45 in Galway

Wood breeze runs again in Galway today 3.15, connections are very happy with horse form and are very confident of another each way place at odds around 10 to 1. Ruby rides today and I'll be on anyway. Again don't go mad, he is up against a very good horse in pyromaniac . Each way advised again.

Wood breeze runs again in Galway today 3.15, connections are very happy with horse form and are very confident of another each way place at odds around 10 to 1. Ruby rides today and I'll be on anyway. Again don't go mad, he is up against a very good horse in pyromaniac . Each way advised again.

Caution, horse is reported lame in box, vets to examine to see if fit to race, either way can't be good news if horse is lame. Will update with any info I get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Listed as a non runner now.

Any other tips for the day lads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement