Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a broken flatscreen TV screen be fixed??

• 04-02-2011 10:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

I stupidly fell against my 26 inch flatscreen TV last night,and knocked it flying off the tv stand.

The LCD screen itself is cracked/broken,but the TV sill works with perfect sound,channel changing,but no picture.

Now,before I throw it out,can these LCD screens be fixed or replaced and if so,is it an expensive process?

Thinking,that this may be of use for the 2nd living room or for one of the bedrooms,in the future

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Yes it can be fixed but it would not be worth fixing as it would cost a lot to get fixed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ive taken the Tv apart and this is the serial number on the inside of the TV casing,and also the broken LCD screen and its serial number.

Any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Yes it can be fixed but it would not be worth fixing as it would cost a lot to get fixed.

Can you point me in the right direction as to where I could get a replacement LCD screen part myself,Ive taken the TV apart and have the broken screen out of it.

It would make a handy TV for 1 of the bedrooms or for a games console or PC screen maybe.

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Paddy,

I've seen these screens for sale, your best bet would be to contact samsung and ask for the UK/Ireland distributor for parts. I reckon it would cost around 150 + Shipping if they will sell you one. Considering you would get a second hand 26" on adverts for around 200e, is it really worth it?

Paddy,

I've seen these screens for sale, your best bet would be to contact samsung and ask for the UK/Ireland distributor for parts. I reckon it would cost around 150 + Shipping if they will sell you one. Considering you would get a second hand 26" on adverts for around 200e, is it really worth it?

Thanks for the advice regarding contacting samsung (never thought of that).

Also,thanks for the advice in general too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

I knew I had the number somewhere, 0818 717100, thats the service center for Ireland. I think they open on a Saturday. Just have your model number and serial ready, don't tell them you dismantled it, just ask where you could bring it to be repaired and then call them for the part.

Otherwise this Checz site sells them directly http://www.sahy.cz/sahy/eshop/1-1-Nahradni-dily-na-LCD/32-3-26/5/236-LTF260AP04

I knew I had the number somewhere, 0818 717100, thats the service center for ireland. think they open on a saturday. Just have your model number ready and serial, dont tell you dismantled it, just as where you could bring it to be repaired and then call them for the part.

Otherwise this Checz site sells them directly http://www.sahy.cz/sahy/eshop/1-1-Nahradni-dily-na-LCD/32-3-26/5/236-LTF260AP04

Thanks very much for helping me out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rockie2010

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for helping me out.:D

How did you get on Paddy? did you get the screen on that website, and did it work?
    I have the same problem......
    R.

Advertisement