Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do we all think of Frasier?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

There were a lot of gay actors in Frasier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

No one has mentioned the last ever episode. Probably the ideal conclusion to a sitcom of all time.

The moment from when Frasier and everyone else in the room have their wires crossed (they think he's dying when he's really moving to San Fran), to when he gives his farewell send-off on air, has me in a flood of tears every time.

"For eleven years you heard me say "I'm listening". Well you were listening too. And for that I'm enternally grateful. Goodnight Seattle".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its a nice episode but... (I'm not just here to find faults, honestly) Charlotte was not my favourite of Frasiers girlfriends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its a nice episode but... (I'm not just here to find faults, honestly) Charlotte was not my favourite of Frasiers girlfriends.

Ditto she drove me crazy. you know who i liked? Claire. she was like his perfect match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That episode actually started with Daphne after giving birth and Martin, his wife and Frasier arriving late to the vets to find Niles nursing and feeding a baby monkey :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

this is one of the best lol moments.

At the start of the episode, Martin scares Frasier a number of times with a few different childish pranks. So when treating a new patient for coulrophobia (fear of clowns), Frasier decides to carry out a practical joke of his own..

I liked Lana best, as a character anyway.

"For eleven years you heard me say "I'm listening". Well you were listening too. And for that I'm enternally grateful. Goodnight Seattle".

You reminded me of another funny little "in-joke"... In one episode, Frasier's ex wife Nannette happens to be visiting town. She's a children's TV entertainer, going by the stage name Nanny G, and she confides in Frasier about how difficult it is having to play the same role every day.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

efb wrote: »
    There were a lot of gay actors in Frasier

aye thinking about it David Hide Pierce didn't come out until 2007, find it hard to believe that he guarded his sexually so for such a long time

Back to the brilliance of Frasier, always loved the Nialls and Roz putdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love, love, love Frasier! Niles was the best! One of my favourite episodes was the one where Frasier and Niles are competing to buy the best birthday present for Martin

Dr. Niles Crane: Hello, Daphne, Sherry.
    [to waitress]
    Dr. Niles Crane: Double latte, please.
    [sits]
    Dr. Niles Crane: Is Frasier with you?
    Sherry Dempsey: No, he's out shopping for your dad.
    Dr. Niles Crane: That jackal!
    [Niles races out of the café. A minute later, Frasier comes in]
    Daphne Moon: Dr. Crane, did you find something?
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Yes, I did. It took me most of the afternoon but I finally came up with something I think is just about perfect!
    Sherry Dempsey: Oh, Niles forgot his coffee.
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Niles was here?
    Sherry Dempsey: Yes, but you know, when I mentioned that you were out shopping for your dad he just shot out of here like a bullet...
    Dr. Frasier Crane: That little worm!

And the episode where Frasier is sick: "Fine, I guess I'll just have to make my own tea!"

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Love, love, love Frasier! Niles was the best! One of my favourite episodes was the one where Frasier and Niles are competing to buy the best birthday present for Martin

Ah come on Leah! It's the 21st Century, we dont have to do transcripts or re-enactments...

It's at 7:35 in that video.. Gift Horse is one of my favourites as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Love it for the most part, watched every episode last year and found Martin's character to be fairly homophobic in the earlier seasons. Was definitely a bit of a turnoff.

siblers wrote: »
    Love it for the most part, watched every episode last year and found Martin's character to be fairly homophobic in the earlier seasons.

Kind of ironic given that John Mahony is gay himself... And Niles... And Bulldog.... And Gil Chesterton..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Kind of ironic given that John Mahony is gay himself... And Niles... And Bulldog.... And Gil Chesterton..

David Hyde Pierce, yes.

Dan Butler, yes.

Edward Hibbert, yes.

But John Mahoney isn't gay. He does it really well in "Out With Dad", but in real life, he's not. At least not according to any biographies I've read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Another favourite episode of mine, watching it now, "A Tsar is born".

The look on their faces when Martin tells them they are royalty. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have watched, rewatched and watched again most episodes of Frasier and love it every time. It does cringe like no other and does some genuine laugh out loud regularly.

My favourite scene has to be Niles preparing himself for a date in Frasiers Apartment. Totally hammed up nonsense, but abolsutely hilarious

Another episode I love is when Daphnes ex - Clive, visits and they are all lying through their teeth to him. Roz is Maris, Frasier is married to her, Niles is married to Daphne. Pure class.

Possibly my favourite over the top episode, and I dont know the title, is the one where they find the actor who made them love Shakespeare. Turns out his an an awful ham. But they have him booked to do a 1 man show. The usual farce ensues. Does anyone know the title as I have looked for it on Netflix and cannot find it?

In short - its my favourite comedy of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I love the episode where Marty, Frasier and Niles are all watching the Antiques Roadshow, and they play a drinking game where they all have a slug whenever the word "veneer" is mentioned. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

one of the best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Another thing I loved about Frasier was the line up of women that dated him. More or less all of them were stunners. My absolute favorite was Virginia Madsen

https://www.google.ie/search?q=virginia+madsen+frasier&client=firefox-a&hs=KDN&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=l4MuVPm3F8PV7gbZ6ICICQ&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1268&bih=833

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,546 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

gimmick wrote: »
    Possibly my favourite over the top episode, and I dont know the title, is the one where they find the actor who made them love Shakespeare. Turns out his an an awful ham. But they have him booked to do a 1 man show. The usual farce ensues. Does anyone know the title as I have looked for it on Netflix and cannot find it?

'The Show Must Go Off'

Season 8, Episode 12

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Another episode I love is when Daphnes ex - Clive, visits and they are all lying through their teeth to him. Roz is Maris, Frasier is married to her, Niles is married to Daphne. Pure class.
    The two Mrs. Cranes, definitely one of my top 5 episodes!!

In short - its my favourite comedy of them all.
    "The show must go" off I'm pretty sure. Season 8 ep 11

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Great show.
    IMO went downhill after Niles got the girl (kinda like Only Fools and Horses did when the lads got rich).
    It's a great premise (Frasier's pomposity pricked endlessly) and the idea his brother is a more extreme version shouldn't work on comedic paper but only makes it better.
    Love David Hyde Pierce's portrayal of Niles.
    Obviously Marty's salt of the earth father works really well against this providing endless gags.

The plots are always great and the writing can be sparkling when they're on form.
    As I say though, for me it went downhill in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Also.
    Lilith = total babe :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The series or 2 which Lana is in I am not mad about. Dont think she was a good fit for the show at all. Her son, Kirby, just irritated me.

I loved the episodes with Bebe. The horrible over acting between herself and Frasier is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭boosabum

Great show and dated fairly well too i think.
    Loved the episode when Frasier is jumping on his bed in the beach resort mimicing wild sex because he thinks Lilith is in the adjoining room.
    That and the show where he has "3 dates"............. classic

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

One of my favourites. Love Niles at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

just FYI, there are 3 episodes of Frasier on C4 every morning. I record em and watch em each night even though Ive seen em all before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

dnme wrote: »
    Another thing I loved about Frasier was the line up of women that dated him. More or less all of them were stunners. My absolute favorite was Virginia Madsen

https://www.google.ie/search?q=virginia+madsen+frasier&client=firefox-a&hs=KDN&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=l4MuVPm3F8PV7gbZ6ICICQ&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1268&bih=833

My BF considered Amy Brenneman by far the hotter of the two in that little love triangle. :)

http://blogs.courant.com/curtain/Amy%20Brenneman.JPG

• Advertisement

Frasier and Cheers is on American netflix. I haven't seen much of cheers, but young frasier is crazy :pac:

Advertisement