Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate Baking

• 03-03-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey, Just wondering if anyone knew a place that bakes skates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Damo123

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rookey

Thanks Damo,

Is that showing how to bake skates at home? I'm in work (website blocked) so i'll check it out later. I don't think i'd be willing to bake my new skates myself for fear of them getting wrecked..

Yeh it is home baking...... but its a good video, its not like the typical youtube vid with bad camera, no fore-thought put into the video, crap editing, lots of hmmm's and ehhhh's and stuttering etc... It was made by these guys.. (hopefully this site wont be blocked) biggrin.gif

http://www.icewarehouse.com/

BTW: I was scared off home baking too until I saw that vid smile.gif

Sound, I'll def take a look at it later adn mayber clean the oven so I don't go stinkin of a roast dinner :rolleyes:

I'm just dying to skate them!

Actually can you tell me when you get your skates sharpened in Dundalk will they keep them overnight or do them then and there..

Really just want to skate!

Oh and ws there a bi difference after baking them??

Cheers!!

Yeh they will do them on the spot if the shops opened. Only takes 5 mins.... Now trying to get the shop open is another story... THe best time to get it open is when there is hockey training on. So every thursday and saturday. Just check the website for the timetable.

But if the shops not open then the ice-dome will hold them for you (I think they'll hold them for a month just dont hold me to that). If you want I'll get you the phone number for the shop...??? Oh and skate sharpening is E5.00...

As for the baking yeh I found a difference in them... But I'll be honest with you. Like I said I was terrified off wrecking my boots so I didnt leave them in as long as you should. But even still there was a noticeable difference.
    smile.gif

I dunno if you know or not, but (from what I gather), some boots dont bake aswell as others.... So maybe a bit of homework is in order.

Oh yeh if your comming to Dundalk you would be more then welcome to come for a bit of skating with me and my mates... biggrin.gif We pretty much live in the ice-dome at this stage cool.gif

• Advertisement

Ye cool, I can only find the Icedome number not the shop... I've only seen that shop open a few times so be handy to make sure they're open. Went in once when I was first looking to buy skates and found a very limited selection.

They have baking instructions on the box which is pretty cool, 92C for 4mins. Gotta get my gaurds before hand so I can kick them back.

I try to get up to the dome everyweek as I'm completly addicted but really just starting off.. so still a complete beginner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Hey

The shop is opened more often then ever now!

Sunday and Monday evenings is really hockey night it is closed on Tuesday and open the other evenings.

I can normally be found in the shop annoying the owner eating pizza/curry/ any take out food really!

When are you thinking of getting them baked it does cost a bit to get them baked

Well I did last night! Thanks for the video Damo, checked it out last night and took the fear out of it:D
    Such a difference as my skates were extremely stiff... Gonna go skate them this weekend hopefully and probably go bake them again after as I only did it for 4 mins to test the waters..

Advertisement