Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

sc86 wrote: »
    how do you get 10 percent off?

Go to http://www.carlsberg.co.uk/

Put in your DOB, click on the sportsdirect logo.

Et voila

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭sc86

thanks guys
    trying to buy the ireland away jersey and it keeps redirecting to wrong page?
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/international-football-shirts/republic-of-ireland-football-shirts?mppp=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

When I get to the checkout page theres an "etail services" delivery charge of 10 euro that I can't click off.

It's still advertised as free delivery on the site so I'm a bit confused.

edit-never mind,Went to the confirm page and everythings in order.Wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

thanks guys
    trying to buy the ireland away jersey and it keeps redirecting to wrong page?
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/international-football-shirts/republic-of-ireland-football-shirts?mppp=true

it's out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

byte wrote: »
    Yup, I have done that, hopefully they'll fix it, as Paypal still states the transaction is pending.

Mine is sorted now, got an email earlier today from them and it was passed on to the right people to cancel it.

I think I know what caused it. Any chance you paid with your paypal balance instead of a card and the balance of your account was in euro/dollar instead of pound? I gave in and ordered the Irish jersey there, but I decided to convert my balance from dollar to pound and it worked fine. Got my confirmation email from sportsdirect right away :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Mine is sorted now, got an email earlier today from them and it was passed on to the right people to cancel it.

I think I know what caused it. Any chance you paid with your paypal balance instead of a card and the balance of your account was in euro/dollar instead of pound? I gave in and ordered the Irish jersey there, but I decided to convert my balance from dollar to pound and it worked fine. Got my confirmation email from sportsdirect right away :)
    There might've been some funds in the PP account, which is always Euro. Not enough to pay it all tho, rest would've come from the Credit card.

I didn't get an email from them, maybe tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Got the home Irish jersey there for 40 euros after the 10% off and free delivery. You won't find it cheaper elsewhere, it's a very good price compared to the shops here.

Good Bargain! :)

HazDanz wrote: »
    Got the home Irish jersey there for 40 euros after the 10% off and free delivery. You won't find it cheaper elsewhere, it's a very good price compared to the shops here.

Good Bargain! :)

how do you work out the sizes?
    whats a large?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

how do you work out the sizes?
    whats a large?

I just went to the FAI Shop for sizes. I went for a 40' chest which is a medium. Link below to help you out.

http://www.faishop.com/product/THEJERSEY2012/TheJersey/IRELANDHOMESHORTSLEEVEDJERSEY

excellent thanks!

im not gettin a option to pay with paypal?
    only debit or credit card:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Just ordered 2 pairs of runners and used the 10% off.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Got 3 ireland Jerseys and two pairs of trainers for 170e delivered. 3 jerseys alone here are 195. Great value to be had on that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

Elverys, SportsWorld etc need to take a long look at themselves. Soon the whole country will be using sports direct

anybody shed light on the paypal issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

anybody shed light on the paypal issue?

did you order anything heavy?

darokane wrote: »
    did you order anything heavy?

no football boots and t shirt

free delivery is gone, just got charged 10:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Elverys, SportsWorld etc need to take a long look at themselves. Soon the whole country will be using sports direct

is sports world the place attached to heatons? I'd be willing to put money that they are involved together somehow, they sell the same brands (lots of dunlop and lonsdale), their own branding is not unsimilar either.

Elverys still serves its purpose, where else am i going to try on runners that i later buy on sports direct!?

If the price was comparable, even a little cheaper i would definitely buy off the local place but most of the time it isnt even close. I bought astro runners recently, they were £27 on sportsdirect, €65 in elverys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

If the price was comparable, even a little cheaper i would definitely buy off the local place but most of the time it isnt even close. I bought astro runners recently, they were £27 on sportsdirect, €65 in elverys.

Snap. I just ordered off sports direct new astro shoes that cost me €33 delivered (and hopefully a free mug :pac:) when they were €47 in lifestyle.

How long does delivery normally take from them? My tracking no has been at "Shipment information received" since sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

maximoose wrote: »
    Snap. I just ordered off sports direct new astro shoes that cost me €33 delivered (and hopefully a free mug :pac:) when they were €47 in lifestyle.

How long does delivery normally take from them? My tracking no has been at "Shipment information received" since sat.

Typically about 3 working days so around Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

is sports world the place attached to heatons? I'd be willing to put money that they are involved together somehow, they sell the same brands (lots of dunlop and lonsdale), their own branding is not unsimilar either.

'Sports World' in Heatons is Sports Direct, handy if you want to check out the quality of the brands before buying online. Sports Direct are large shareholders in Heatons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They use DHL Economy which is 2-3 working days transit time from the UK

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I placed order Sunday got email on Sunday after that item was handed to courier, it was with same status as your all day yesterday, today it has Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK since 5:45

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

excellent thanks!

im not gettin a option to pay with paypal?
    only debit or credit card:confused:

Did you change the pricing into euro? I did that before and got no option for paypal until I changed the currency back into GBP.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got an email today saying
    Thank you for your e-mail.

The transaction below has now been cancelled.

I don't know if they meant the Paypal transaction or the order itself. It still says Order Status: Received on the SD website.

I guess I won't know until Friday, when LFC's new jersey is released, and the reason the rest of my order is on a delay.

Do they email you when items have been despatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah you get an email saying order passed to the courier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭south

nava wrote: »
    I placed order Sunday got email on Sunday after that item was handed to courier, it was with same status as your all day yesterday, today it has Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK since 5:45

ordered same day and got the same email but I looked it up this evening and it says its in Dublin so I should have my order tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Waybill: xxxxxxxxxxxx

With delivery courier
    Origin Service Area: LEEDS - Notts, NG20 8RY - UK
    Destination Service Area: DUBLIN - Limerick - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 Location Time
    8 With delivery courier SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:18
    7 Arrived at Sort Facility SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 05:07
    6 Departed Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 00:41
    5 Processed at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 00:34

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 Location Time
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 18:01
    3 Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 05:53
    2 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 03:23

Saturday, May 26, 2012 Location Time
    1 Shipment information received LEEDS - UK 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ordred Monday, due to be delivered to my house today.

Couldn't be happier :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Got my order this morning, but no massive cup with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ordered late Saturday night and arrived this morning.

Got the big cup also.

Will be using these guys from now on.

Advertisement