Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free video capture software?

• 08-05-2015 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Need to capture something onscreen for work. I was looking at camstudio but some guys on source forge have been saying the installation contains malware. Before I tried it I thought I'd see if there were any other ones I'm not aware of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

p to the e wrote: »
    Hi guys. Need to capture something onscreen for work. I was looking at camstudio but some guys on source forge have been saying the installation contains malware. Before I tried it I thought I'd see if there were any other ones I'm not aware of.

Depends on the video source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

I need to show a computer programme that we use failing when we perform a certain task. If it makes a difference I'll be running this programme over a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

p to the e wrote: »
    I need to show a computer programme that we use failing when we perform a certain task. If it makes a difference I'll be running this programme over a VPN.

Camstudio will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

If it's only for a once-off you could use the one month free trial of Camtasia. Or Jing is the free version of Camtasia (just short clips, but sounds like you're not planning a long screencast).

Screenr and screencast-o-matic are two handy no-installation ones too, if what you're recording isn't confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭p to the e

Thanks. I'll give them a shot.

FYI I tried to use VLC for this but couldn't get it to work at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement