Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Port forwarding not working

• 05-05-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I hope someone can help me out here.

I have a TC7200 router with upc and have configured a security camera with which all is working fine on my LAN. I can ping my external ip address internally. I get request timed out externally with firewalls switched off. Ports are open...ip addresses are correct.
    Am using Port forwarder utilities to check for open ports but it says none are open.
    Router firewall off, wan blocking off, ip address with ports open. Still request timed out. Would be grateful of any suggested solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I take it you are using your internal IP in the port forward setup & the camera software is active when you check it using something like Canyoucme.org?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Did you check if your security camera also has a built in firewall/settings for remote connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Thanks for the replies. Am using internal ip for port forwarding. It a hikvision camera. I'm fairly sure there is a no firewall on the camera. WIll check when at home. I tried both the camera software for external access and also a synology nas system which I have connected. Neither the camera or the NAS are public facing as I just can't get the ports forwarded. AS you mention Firewall on the camera I now think thee is a firewall on the NAS. Will have to check this also later on. Thanks for the help. Will check back again.

Advertisement