Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect laptop to TV

• 28-09-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a satellite box that has a USB port. It can be used to watch movies or photos stored on a memory stick. Can I connect my laptop to the satellite box and view the internet on my TV ? Do I just connect USB ports on the box to the laptop ? Or do I need to programme my laptop to access it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭andy1249

USB ports cannot be used in that way.

Typically to get the laptop screen to show on the TV, you connect the laptops video out port directly to the corresponding port on the TV.

Video out ports are normally either 15 pin VGA ports or HDMI ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

andy1249 wrote: »
    USB ports cannot be used in that way.

Typically to get the laptop screen to show on the TV, you connect the laptops video out port directly to the corresponding port on the TV.

Video out ports are normally either 15 pin VGA ports or HDMI ports.

Or on older models SVGA round pinned styled ports that you need scart block or vga to hdmi conversion kits for .

Advertisement