Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics 1 repeat

• 01-08-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, have the 1 repeat, need to get it sorted!

If anyone has the answers to the 2012/2013 or 2011/2012 papers that'd be great!!

Passed Mechanics 2 without much bother, but I'd like to know if what I'm doing is right.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

How about studying the notes so you understand it instead of learning off solutions from previous years? Statics is not hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Chimaera wrote: »
    How about studying the notes so you understand it instead of learning off solutions from previous years? Statics is not hard.

+1 on this, haven't done the module but the stuff you learn in 1st Year continuously crops up in later years so better off having a solid understanding than just solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Most importantly, when you get out into the real world, you don't get paid to regurgitate solutions to textbook problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 daveshere

Again, I'd like to know if I am right or wrong, not 'learn of solutions'.

Also, it is (by way of statistics) the hardest module in 1st year engineering, with 58% failing in 2013/2014, while compared to the 2nd highest failure rate which was maths 1 surprisingly which had 34% failure :P

Help would be appreciated rather than guff :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Out of interest; where did you get those statistics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

daveshere wrote: »
    Again, I'd like to know if I am right or wrong, not 'learn of solutions'.

Also, it is (by way of statistics) the hardest module in 1st year engineering, with 58% failing in 2013/2014, while compared to the 2nd highest failure rate which was maths 1 surprisingly which had 34% failure :P

Help would be appreciated rather than guff :) thanks!

Lies, damned lies and statistics! :pac:
    Why not just email the lecturer and ask if you have the right answer?

Had a meeting with Doctor Newport and he gave me the 'Mechanics 1' stats to me. Doctor Ryan gave us them in the first lecture back after Christmas because we had him for 'Maths 2' as well.

He emailed me back saying he can't spend time on past papers. IE. WHY I'M ASKING HERE. I think I'll delete this ! :P

Forgot about this, how far I have come!! I never thought I would get such a negative response from people on a website that is designed to help others, but anyway. Got an A2 on the repeat (only counts as a C3 unfortunately due to it being a repeat) and since then I secured co-op for 8 months, 1 of the first in my class to do so.
    Maybe ye should think about what you're saying before saying it, was an extremely stressful time for me and I needed support and help not all that sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

daveshere wrote: »
    Forgot about this, how far I have come!! I never thought I would get such a negative response from people on a website that is designed to help others, but anyway. Got an A2 on the repeat (only counts as a C3 unfortunately due to it being a repeat) and since then I secured co-op for 8 months, 1 of the first in my class to do so.
    Maybe ye should think about what you're saying before saying it, was an extremely stressful time for me and I needed support and help not all that sh1te.

Ahhh dont be getting so worked up over what a few random people on the internet said!!

Meh I just helped someone out there with there Dynamics, few notes, a paper, suggestions....and I remembered this! I think my reaction a year on is fair enough when comparing to theirs :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement