Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Started chatting to a girl on Thursday evening, met up for a quick coffee as I was coming home from the airport this afternoon, this let on to a walk through a nearby park and then we decided to grab a spot of lunch together.....was not expecting much but we are now preparing for our second date to the cinema on Monday night!

I'm chuffed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Semele wrote: »
    Got a short ("Hello") style message from a cute guy this morning, would normally ignore something like that but he had a really good profile as well as bieng wuite fit so I sent him back a chatty message. He's just replied with a one-liner basically answering the question I asked at the end:confused: What's that about? I'm not inclined to keep messaging if it's going to be like pulling teeth!! I'd just say he wasn't interested but then he did contact me first.

What should I do? Another chatty one back in the hope of it developing a bit or just say it seems like we have a good bit in common and I'd be interested in getting to know him a bit better/meeting for a drink? Have found the latter scares some people off, but it's a winner with anyone who can't be bothered with endless messages (like me!)
    Ya if you like him and don't like trying to work with short replies like that, might as well just straight out ask him to meet; if he says no, conversation was going to end one way or another anyway, if he says yes, see if he can chat better in person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Got a short ("Hello") style message from a cute guy this morning, would normally ignore something like that but he had a really good profile as well as bieng wuite fit so I sent him back a chatty message. He's just replied with a one-liner basically answering the question I asked at the end:confused: What's that about? I'm not inclined to keep messaging if it's going to be like pulling teeth!! I'd just say he wasn't interested but then he did contact me first.

What should I do? Another chatty one back in the hope of it developing a bit or just say it seems like we have a good bit in common and I'd be interested in getting to know him a bit better/meeting for a drink? Have found the latter scares some people off, but it's a winner with anyone who can't be bothered with endless messages (like me!)

I get that a bit too :confused: what site are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Larianne wrote: »
    This is true but I hate feeling like the bad guy saying I'm not interested all the time. I suppose its not all the time. The guys I do like tend not to be interested in me damnit!

Boo.

Yup +1 here :o

Haven't been on boards in a while, but nothing major to update dates-wise!
    Was on three dates in the last two months, but none transpired to a 2nd one... but enjoying the banter meeting guys the real life way too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I never understand when this happens. He was the one to message you yet when you message him back to start a conversation he only answers the question you asked. Or worse in my experience they just say 'what about you?' to every question. Make some effort mate :p

To be honest I don't bother with these ones I just think if they can't be bothered making some effort in their messages what kind of date would it be. Normaly the guys I've had a bit of banter with online are the ones I've had the best dates with. I remember only sending a few msgs to one guy before we met up and never again, it was like talking to a wall a very awkward one at that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Date number 2 went well. Gave her a little peck good night after she dropped me home. Going in for the kill the next time I see her though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Another date tonight. Again, not attracted to the guy.

Break Time for me methinks.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Date number 2 went well. Gave her a little peck good night after she dropped me home. Going in for the kill the next time I see her though :D

Same happened to me and I'm thinking of doing the same......except when i go in for the kill it WILL be date number 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 wordisbond

Quick question. How do people feel about putting your location as Dublin if your not from there? I go there a good bit and plan on living/working there soon.

Reasons: More options and have ran into profiles of friends sisters/other awkward profiles before.

Ladies: Would you find this weird/dishonest?

Enough people do it mate.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's the deal with women taking photos in toilets?
    Big oversized mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭amacca

Another date tonight. Again, not attracted to the guy.

Break Time for me methinks.

yup.....................same here after recent date....shes a nice girl, good looking, lots in common........just not attracted to her so not going to waste her time with third date

sometimes I wish I could control who I like.........the ones I do like have a habit of being unavailable or not interested in me..........I believe I am the butt of some cosmic joke......the universe is laughing at me I tells ya...laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

amacca wrote: »
    yup.....................same here after recent date....shes a nice girl, good looking, lots in common........just not attracted to her so not going to waste her time with third date

sometimes I wish I could control who I like.........the ones I do like have a habit of being unavailable or not interested in me..........I believe I am the butt of some cosmic joke......the universe is laughing at me I tells ya...laughing!

Meet your feckin twin!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

wordisbond wrote: »
    Quick question. How do people feel about putting your location as Dublin if your not from there?

Ladies: Would you find this weird/dishonest?

Drives me mad to be honest. I want a guy who lives near enough that I can see him on the spur of the moment. I've chatted to guys, a date has been mentioned and then they drop the bombshell that they live in Laois or something.

Just got this...

"you look like grannie o sheiy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Who?! What?!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Hey guys and girls.

I trust that everyone is well.

I've been seeing a girl for around two months now, we've been on 7 dates since 2nd February and that includes a 3 and half week period without seeing each other as I was on vacation, was then ill for a week and she was tied up with work and other social activities.

I was initially worried that during this period without seeing each other, I thought she lost interest. I phoned her up (thanks to Larienne's advice earlier) and had a lengthy chat and she told me that this wasn't this case and that she wanted to meet again. She wants to take things slowly before committing to a relationship and really get to know each other first. She got out of a 5 yr relationship last August. We have smooched (she actually kissed me after date 3) and she refers to me as a really good-looking guy (Im okay, not exactly Brad Pitt!) so Im pretty sure she is attracted to me.

We really enjoy each others company, there hasn't been a single awkward or silent moment and I'm insanely keen on her, in fact more so than any girl I've met in the past number of years. She ticks all the boxes in terms of personality and looks. Should I continue to pursue? I don't mind the taking things slowly bit at all but I have a slight fear that a relationship won't develop out of it.

Or should I just relax, go with the flow and enjoy spending time together?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

JimBob777 wrote: »
    are they actually taking pictures of it and sending them to yas?, seems like a lot of hassle jus to be blocked!! :eek:

I'd say it might be more of a copy and paste job. I doubt these photos are being taken specifically for their recipients, more of a *fire it around to 40 girls and see how many like what they see* type thing XD

This is true but I hate feeling like the bad guy saying I'm not interested all the time. I suppose its not all the time. The guys I do like tend not to be interested in me damnit!

Boo.

I have the exact same predicament :(

fat__tony wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls.

I trust that everyone is well.

I've been seeing a girl for around two months now, we've been on 7 dates since 2nd February and that includes a 3 and half week period without seeing each other as I was on vacation, was then ill for a week and she was tied up with work and other social activities.

I was initially worried that during this period without seeing each other, I thought she lost interest. I phoned her up (thanks to Larienne's advice earlier) and had a lengthy chat and she told me that this wasn't this case and that she wanted to meet again. She wants to take things slowly before committing to a relationship and really get to know each other first. She got out of a 5 yr relationship last August. We have smooched (she actually kissed me after date 3) and she refers to me as a really good-looking guy (Im okay, not exactly Brad Pitt!) so Im pretty sure she is attracted to me.

We really enjoy each others company, there hasn't been a single awkward or silent moment and I'm insanely keen on her, in fact more so than any girl I've met in the past number of years. She ticks all the boxes in terms of personality and looks. Should I continue to pursue? I don't mind the taking things slowly bit at all but I have a slight fear that a relationship won't develop out of it.

Or should I just relax, go with the flow and enjoy spending time together?

Thank you.

Go with the flow. If you're as keen on this girl as you say you are, you wouldn't want to back out of a possible relationship now, and end up wondering what could have been.
    She knows you like her, and your relationship with her started with going on dates, so it's not as if you risk ruining a friendship by trying to pursue it.
    Just take your time and enjoy, you obviously enjoy her company.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Go with the flow. If you're as keen on this girl as you say you are, you wouldn't want to back out of a possible relationship now, and end up wondering what could have been.
    She knows you like her, and your relationship with her started with going on dates, so it's not as if you risk ruining a friendship by trying to pursue it.
    Just take your time and enjoy, you obviously enjoy her company.

Thanks, appreciate the advice!

My head is in a bit of a spin lately, purely because of my interest in her.

I feel better now.

• Advertisement

fat__tony wrote: »
    Thanks, appreciate the advice!

My head is in a bit of a spin lately, purely because of my interest in her.

I feel better now.

No problem. Basically if you think you've started a good thing, don't give up. But don't stress out over it either :)

Ankhyu wrote: »
    No problem. Basically if you think you've started a good thing, don't give up. But don't stress out over it either :)

I seriously tend to overthink and stress about little things. Its puts way too much pressure on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

What should I do? Another chatty message back in the hope of it developing a bit or just say it seems like we have a good bit in common and I'd be interested in getting to know him a bit better/meeting for a drink? Have found the latter scares some people off, but it's a winner with anyone who can't be bothered with endless messages (like me!)

Whoop- WIN! He would love to go for a drink. Turns out he just hates messaging too.

Also I'm setting up a second (daytime) date with the guy from Thurs:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Had my date yesterday afternoon. Nice guy but there was no spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Had a lovely date yest with a guy from POF. Went for cuppa in a cafe beside the beach then a lovely walk on the beach. Even got a kiss or 2 :D

All went well, and he even rang me on my way home to say how well it went and that he had a really nice feeling about it :). I really do hope this guy is genuine after all the others that have messed me around lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

andreac wrote: »
    Had a lovely date yest with a guy from POF. Went for cuppa in a cafe beside the beach then a lovely walk on the beach. Even got a kiss or 2 :D

All went well, and he even rang me on my way home to say how well it went and that he had a really nice feeling about it :). I really do hope this guy is genuine after all the others that have messed me around lately.

Ahh, that sounds lovely :D

andreac wrote: »

Does sound promising and from a fella's perspective, if he took the bother of calling, then he seems genuine, most (including myself:rolleyes:) would just text. Dont look for the negatives, just bask in the positives!

Does sound promising and from a fella's perspective, if he took the bother of calling, then he seems genuine, most (including myself:rolleyes:) would just text. Dont look for the negatives, just bask in the positives!

I totally agree.

I've been chatting to a guy for the last while. We've moved on to discussing a date, he asked for my number but hasn't text me and continues to mail me on the site. Also, something he said last night makes me think he works in the same company I do. Would this put you off?

Same thing happened to me.......got chatting to a girl from my town, she had no photos so she said to add her on Facebook which I did and that was the end of the messaging. I asked her what the story was and she said we had too many "mutual friends" for her liking and cut our conversation short!

Ive been with a woman I work with and it didnt turn out well. Thats not to say that there are not plenty of happily courting couples where I work!

• Advertisement

It's a big company, and it seems that he works in a different department. I don't recognise him, and don't think he recognises me but I'm pretty sure he works there.

I think I'll play my cards close to my chest where work conversation is concerned, and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement