Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

LarWright wrote: »
    :eek: GUTTED :( that you noticed the cables are there lol

No, I didn't see them I sensed they were there ;)

The painters mate will just peel off if you do decide to leave in the future, or leave the cables there for the next person, so they can just put there own speakers in!

I'm gonna steal your idea with the painters mate. from what I read it's just like masking tape. I wonder if it'll work with thick cable. I've got to hide my fronts which are bi-wired with 42 strand...

I've decided now that I'm hiding all my speaker wires. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to lift the floorboards...this could get messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

johnnyflav wrote: »
    No, I didn't see them I sensed they were there ;)

I'm gonna steal your idea with the painters mate. from what I read it's just like masking tape. I wonder if it'll work with thick cable. I've got to hide my fronts which are bi-wired with 42 strand...

I've decided now that I'm hiding all my speaker wires. Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to lift the floorboards...this could get messy.

Hey Johnny, how did you get on with your wiring. Did you use the Painter Mate? I've got 42 strand also. The LCD will be going up on the wall. I'm going to put up a fake wall with a space in the centre for the LCD. Top and bottom will be open, sides will be closed (I think!). A mate did it this way and it looks great. Wall is painted one colour and the fake wall another. The fake wall will be about 18 smaller all round than the existing wall. Thinking about putting the speakers up also, they're on stands at the moment.

shayser wrote: »
    Hey Johnny, how did you get on with your wiring. Did you use the Painter Mate? I've got 42 strand also. The LCD will be going up on the wall. I'm going to put up a fake wall with a space in the centre for the LCD. Top and bottom will be open, sides will be closed (I think!). A mate did it this way and it looks great. Wall is painted one colour and the fake wall another. The fake wall will be about 18 smaller all round than the existing wall. Thinking about putting the speakers up also, they're on stands at the moment.

I've not seen anything like what you're doing but it sounds very impressive would like to see how that looks. I actually didn't go with the painters mate option, instead I've put all the wires under the floorboards. I wouldn't say it's an easy job but it is quite satisfying to see it completed:D. Here's a couple of pics to show the work in progress and the set up as I have it at the minute.

Threading the cable through this was easily the hardest job.
    IMGP0912.jpg?t=1206966298

It's gotta get worse before it gets better.
    IMGP0908.jpg?t=1206966629

What's in the corner at the moment. Upgraditis dictates that there'll be a plasma in there shortly, and it'll probably be wall mounted.
    IMGP0917.jpg?t=1206966775

The new projector in action, rubbish pic, but that's the best I could manage. The screen's been moved lower since that to improve the viewing angle.
    IMGP0940.jpg?t=1206966885

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Well after many months, we eventually have the place totally finished now, complete with fireplace!

DSC00708.jpg

Hurrah!!

Johnny, nice work on the wiring! Handy you have floor boards to lift! I would love that luxury! :)

Well after many months, we eventually have the place totally finished now, complete with fireplace!

That looks the dogs proverbials!!:D Stunning setup, not a wire in sight!

• Advertisement

Nice setups in here!

Mossy, how's it looking now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0004-1.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0006-1.jpg

have upgraded to new Denon AVR3808, now have b&w's all around (4 * DM603's for front LR and side LR, 602.5 for rears)

Blu-ray, BBC HD via the HTPC, will robably pick up the new Panny BD50 when i am in the states next.

Roll on ITV and C4HD FTA.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Very nice mossym. Much respect for the Saving Private Ryan and BoB posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm guessing 1) You're bloke and 2) You like war!

Great setup.

silvine wrote: »
    I'm guessing 1) You're bloke and 2) You like war!

Great setup.

bloke or broke? doesn't matter, i'm both!!

but the wife does like it too!!

cheers.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Very nice mossym. Much respect for the Saving Private Ryan and BoB posters.

thanks.

aye, bit of a ww2 nut. looking for a third ww2 poster, but can't find any i like.

Now there's something to aspire to! My new cabinet arrived yesterday in bits, so it's going back today adding a further wait for the new one. Eventually these set-ups do get finished, don't they?

Eventually these set-ups do get finished, don't they?

Nope, 'friad not.

BTW Nice home cinema mossym

Eventually these set-ups do get finished, don't they?

nope. never, always tinkering to be done. non-reflective acoustic panels are on the back of my mind now

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm199/RastaRed_photo/IMG_0978.jpg

Samsung 40"LCD
    Sky HD Box
    Sony 60 GB PS3
    Yahama 5.1 Receiver&Speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gorwanvfr

Here is my set up at home. Like everyone else the cinema has to be a front room for the family for everyday use. This setup works well I think!! Also there is a pic of the kitchen set up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭doggiedee

Hi folks,
    Just thought I'd stick a pic or two of my setup. I know its not really up to the standards of some the others on display, but it does me for the time being!
    DSC01322.jpg
    DSC01323.jpg

At the moment it consists of:
    Sony 55" SXRD, Denon AVR-2802, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C and 540D, Toshiba HD-XA1, Pionneer DVL-909 and CLD-700, an old Philips VR-768, Xbox 360, PS3, and finally a Kef 2005 package.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

thats a lovely cabinet. what is it?

big_moe wrote: »
    thats a lovely cabinet. what is it?

On the off chance that you're talking about mine, it's just 4 Ikea Besta tv benches put together. Cheap and cheerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

doggiedee wrote: »
    On the off chance that you're talking about mine, it's just 4 Ikea Besta tv benches put together. Cheap and cheerful!

excellent, it looks really good.. i might have to rob your idea!

• Advertisement

Why thank you! Go for it, costs feck all to do and there is plenty of options when it comes to the Ikea stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Here is my setup:
    40" Sony Bravia Screen, BOSE Lifestylse System,NTL,DVD ,Xbox360

Had a lot of problems getting Screen & Speakers mounted on wall but I feel it was worth the extra effort.I would not be to handy
    with the DIY Stuff if yea know what I mean.

Pic2.jpg

and

Pic1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Looks great, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Did this at the weekend....very happy now..
    Still need to calibrate the projector position etc but all the important DIY is done now.

5.jpg?imgmax=800
    6.jpg?imgmax=800
    8.jpg?imgmax=576
    10.jpg?imgmax=800
    11.jpg?imgmax=800
    17.jpg?imgmax=800
    13.jpg?imgmax=800

Looking well smokingman Very nice

gorwanvfr wrote: »
    Looking well smokingman Very nice

Cheers dude - I'm fekin knackered after it but it was well worth it.
    The MDF and 2x4s were cheap enough and to be honest, I'm no carpenter but it was dead easy to make.

smokingman wrote: »
    Cheers dude - I'm fekin knackered after it but it was well worth it.
    The MDF and 2x4s were cheap enough and to be honest, I'm no carpenter but it was dead easy to make.
    It's all worth it when you can sit back and enjoy a movie on a BIG screen is it a Panasonic AE1000 or 2000 projector. I have a 1000 what a great machine feeding it with a Panasonic Bluray player now and it's just gotten better

It's all worth it when you can sit back and enjoy a movie on a BIG screen is it a Panasonic AE1000 or 2000 projector. I have a 1000 what a great machine feeding it with a Panasonic Bluray player now and it's just gotten better

2.jpg?imgmax=800
    It's a 2000 which blew my entertainment budget for ohh, six months ;)
    Still, I won't be going out ever again now anyway.

Haven't got a blu-ray player yet but that's next on the gadget-buying list.

Now I'm jealous a Pani 2000 very very nice read good things about it puts mine to shame.:(

I got my player from Komplett
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=350469

They were the cheapest at the time when I got mine. Here is a screen shot of a movie

• Advertisement

Now I'm jealous a Pani 2000 very very nice read good things about it puts mine to shame.:(

I got my player from Komplett
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=350469

They were the cheapest at the time when I got mine. Here is a screen shot of a movie

Wow, very nice!
    what size screen do ya have there?
    Got my projector from ebay (american power seller) cause it was so expensive everywhere else. T'was 1700 in the end. Some shops in Ireland are looking for 2600 and upwards! Might get a ps3 for it as it seems to be the most upgradable bluray player...

Advertisement