Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corks All New Red FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Horse84 wrote: »
    I'd never really listened to prendeville much before and red is on constantly at work and was only ever a fan of kc and red rooster. I can't see the attraction with prendeville at all, I hope it works out for the station but a lot of my friends have switched off and it does seem to be for an older audience and I'm 30. It's like he's trying too hard to be local I dunno.

Someone has said already that some people have no idea how to change the station, my parents included, it'll be interesting to see if that older demographic do actually switch. I doubt they will in the numbers hoped for as that audience will have to switch back after he finishes something they won't do.

All this talk of the 'new' red fm is way over done too. Philip bourke is doing the exact same show since he started no matter what time slot he fills and Dave mac is just too full on. Even that jay guy on with kc is part of the previous breakfast crew, kc will bring the best out of him but I don't find him funny. The sports dept does need freshening up too, Jesus some of those guys sound jaded. The station needed a complete clearout if u ask me.

They needed to rehaul the morning shows and KC and Neil are perfect for the time slots.

I dont hear anyone looking for Victor or Seamus Barry to come back so Red Fm must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wiseham

Overdone is right. I've been working in the States for the last few weeks and only today got home and my gf had it on in the car. Jaysus, they're really pushing the whole new thing in redfm aren't they? I'm no expert, but it seems a bit overdone and got quite annoying very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Horse84 wrote: »
    I'd never really listened to prendeville much before and red is on constantly at work and was only ever a fan of kc and red rooster. I can't see the attraction with prendeville at all, I hope it works out for the station but a lot of my friends have switched off and it does seem to be for an older audience and I'm 30. It's like he's trying too hard to be local I dunno.

Someone has said already that some people have no idea how to change the station, my parents included, it'll be interesting to see if that older demographic do actually switch. I doubt they will in the numbers hoped for as that audience will have to switch back after he finishes something they won't do.

All this talk of the 'new' red fm is way over done too. Philip bourke is doing the exact same show since he started no matter what time slot he fills and Dave mac is just too full on. Even that jay guy on with kc is part of the previous breakfast crew, kc will bring the best out of him but I don't find him funny. The sports dept does need freshening up too, Jesus some of those guys sound jaded. The station needed a complete clearout if u ask me.

He is local, he lives near Douglas.

Only a physically retarded person would have trouble tuning into the new station.

I don't know what your last paragraph is about but you sound like a complete Farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

zetalambda wrote: »
    I don't know what your last paragraph is about but you sound like a complete Farmer.

Bit of respect to farmers...they listen to C103:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Only a physically retarded person would have trouble tuning into the new station.

Well I never! I am highly and I mean highly offended by that statement :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Better than sounding like an idiot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i am wondering myself, its on repeat currently but i'd like to hear a podcast of his show and Kc's today...

I'm thinking it may be something like this:

http://podcasts.redfm.ie/greenonred/podcast.php

With something else for "greenonred"?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

...or something like:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/redfm/redrooster

With something else for "redrooster".

If anyone can figure it out, please post a working link. Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Seren_ wrote: »
    Is it the exact same jingle as the Chris Moyles show? or slightly reworked etc intro for Today show on radio 1 when Sean O'Rourke started. Obviously different lyrics I assume :p

Yeah exact same as moyles, send me a pm and I can link you to the online catalog of them, can't right now am on my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I wish neil wouldnt start the show whit a song it makes you want to tune around .seems the other side get straight into a topic which might get one hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Better than sounding like an idiot ;)

Takes one to spot another. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

They're syndicating John Gibbons' National Dancefloor Chart on Saturday nights too, nice to see them aiming to a wider and younger audience on Saturday nights. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the Fish Go Deep show appealed as much to their audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Takes one to spot another. :)
    Lighten up ffs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I won't be listening to Red FM on Sunday mornings, Prenveville was on, on repeat.

Yuck! Don't like that at all, I loaded up Today Fm for the business stuff from my iPhone as I only have Red FM programmed on my bedside clock radio [now].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I won't be listening to Red FM on Sunday mornings, Prenveville was on, on repeat.

Yuck! Don't like that at all, I loaded up Today Fm for the business stuff from my iPhone as I only have Red FM programmed on my bedside clock radio [now].

yeah i thought that was strange, was it the same repeat that is on Sunday nights, or is it just sunday day for Fridays show repeated?

yeah i thought that was strange, was it the same repeat that is on Sunday nights, or is it just sunday day for Fridays show repeated?

I would not know that, I like listening to his show during the week, I generally don't hear radio after noon on a Sunday.

I would not know that, I like listening to his show during the week, I generally don't hear radio after noon on a Sunday.

still i'd rather a podcast/replay online than repeats on air constantly. i liked my top 40 on Sunday mornings, nothing like avicii right before mass....

that and i hate with a passion oldies and irish.

that and i hate with a passion oldies and irish.

We must be siblings. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Prendeville's first week was a disaster. Lots of problems with phones and audio playback, on several occasions he ran over the news hour, and he couldn't even fit a five minute quiz into his show on Thursday morning.
    Added to this was the fact that Prendeville thinks there are 52 States in the USA. He even got that dope Colm to Google it because Prendeville was so convinced he was correct.

The programme is run by idiots. They should rename Prendeville and his two sidekicks "The Three Stooges."

And Red FM really need to develop a credible news service. Their main story last Monday was Prendeville's new show. Amateur in the extreme :rolleyes:

Prendeville's first week was a disaster. Lots of problems with phones and audio playback, on several occasions he ran over the news hour, and he couldn't even fit a five minute quiz into his show on Thursday morning.

All of the above happened all the time on 96fm! :D the bolded part still does from what i heard on either thurs or friday when i turned off the red fm news.
    And Red FM really need to develop a credible news service. Their main story last Monday was Prendeville's new show. Amateur in the extreme :rolleyes:

i agree 100% their news is ****e, maybe they'll get emer to do it as she used do it on 96fm and it was good....

• Advertisement

On The Neil Prendeville Show today they called out a new Twitter account. What was it? Something like @neilredfm?

Edit:
    Yep. https://twitter.com/NeilRedFM

Is it my radio?

Listening to Neil this past week and the ads come on, they break, giving silent air and then continue.

It's only when the ads are on, no breaks during the show. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Is it my radio?

Listening to Neil this past week and the ads come on, they break, giving silent air and then continue.

It's only when the ads are on, no breaks during the show. Anyone else?

The Opinion line on 96fm is where its at.None of that amateur stuff on The NP show.;)

The Opinion line on 96fm is where its at.None of that amateur stuff on The NP show.;)

you sarcasm is noted and witty! :D

Worztron wrote: »
    ...or something like:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/redfm/redrooster

With something else for "redrooster".

If anyone can figure it out, please post a working link. Cheers.

http://www.redfm.ie/podcasts/neil-prendeville-show-podcast/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

Red fm news again leading with a prendeville related breaking news story with the whole keith Barry 'scandal'. Who in all honesty gives a flying ****. Just another lame publicity stunt. At the same time the mercy A&E staff are going on strike and that doesn't warrant the top story. Pure bull**** is all it is

Breaking Bad as PR stunt goes viral with twits slapping each other with limp fish.

Cork DJ makes Dublin magician disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Neil cleaning house again.

Cork's greatest man after Michael Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I liked Neill on 96fm, but theres something not right about the show since he moved, I think taking into account his lack of communication skills that PJ is doing a reasonable job, but I think most people accept that he was a shoite choice anyway. however for me, "I have played with the knob" and now hover between Newstalk and Rte 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

corkonion wrote: »
    I liked Neill on 96fm, but theres something not right about the show since he moved.
    What a load of tosh ! Its the exact same show in every way.

Advertisement