Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭prunudo

Damian farrelly said tomorrow morning is he's last pre/breakfast show!

He signed off very quickly this morning, only mentioning it at the end. Said he was going to be filling in for Colm Hayes for the rest of the week. I'd say some of his listeners will get a shock next week or whenever the new schedule starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Expunge

Ivan Yeats this morning on Newstalk Breakfast said a 'little birdy' told him that 2FM is to be sold by RTE.
    Will Rick O' Shea have a pop at him too for spreading unsubstantiated rumours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

This thread will soon either follow the others to the bottom of the pile or since some employees and contractors at RTE have passed comment with tweets and referring to this board as untruthful, it must have some truth in it.

Would someone enlighten me and tell me who Eoin Mc Dermott is? What radio station is he on at present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

bbability wrote: »
    Would someone enlighten me and tell me who Eoin Mc Dermott is? What radio station is he on at present?
    http://bit.ly/1aHvp0m

Is one agent not enough for him?

Anyway the official line up is not far away. It won't make a blind bit of difference to me if it's like what's posted above. As I've said before two shows attract me to 2fm, Ireland's Biggest Jukebox and Jenny Greene on a Saturday night. The rest as they say is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Anybody hear Ivan Yates this morning on Newstalk, they where talking about 2FM being subsidised and Yates casually mentioned that he had heard "from a insider" they where planning to sell of the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

When is the new schedule supposed to kick in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Remember in the 00's when seeking a younger audience Dave Fanning and Larry Gogan were moved from 2FM weekdays to the weekends (Dave also to Radio 1 week nights)...and a few years later returned !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Homer Jay Thompson

I think they will announce the new schedule after the jnlrs come out, so Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

l really really cant believe will leahy is going, have listened to his show since l was 14...8/9years now!? seriously what are they thinking...dont think il be tuning into 2fm anymore...gone to the dogs :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

l really really cant believe will leahy is going, have listened to his show since l was 14...8/9years now!? seriously what are they thinking...dont think il be tuning into 2fm anymore...gone to the dogs :/

Where did you hear this? I'd be so disappointed if this is true. I'm in the same boat I've been listening to him for almost 10 years! His Saturday shows got me through my weekend job when I was in secondary school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Wellyd wrote: »
    Where did you hear this? I'd be so disappointed if this is true. I'm in the same boat I've been listening to him for almost 10 years! His Saturday shows got me through my weekend job when I was in secondary school!

a friend told me today and someone posted the new line up 1 or 2 pages back...never heard him on saturdays...l was v young then:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

a friend told me today and someone posted the new line up 1 or 2 pages back...never heard him on saturdays...l was v young then:p

There are a lot of rumours and/or completely made up stories being posted on this forum about 2FM changes.

Some of them will turn out to be true, but until they are officially announced you shouldn't take them as Gospel.

Jennifer McGuire, Bernard O'Shea and Keith Walsh confirmed as the new breakfast show hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Yes journal.ie have confirmed it aswell, although nothing on the 2FM website yet but only a matter of time. Fascinated to see how the new schedule works out, are we on the brink of a real change of fortunes for 2fm?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Odds on the official schedule announcement hitting at the same time as the JNLRs tomorrow to try deflect attention must be very, very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I hope Damian farrelly returns to he's 6-7 am slot!

Eoin Quinn ‏@eoinquinn 11m
    #irishindo In tomorrow’s paper, 2fm boss Dan Healy says that even Jesus Christ couldn’t have filled the late Gerry Ryan’s shoes

https://twitter.com/eoinquinn/status/428664540331380736

Dan Healy comes out with some awful rubbish. Gerry Ryan was a huge loss but it's about time they moved on. You would wonder why he doesn't just play funeral music between 9 and 12 every morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

oh jesus Jennifer not funny mcguire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

bigpink wrote: »
    oh jesus Jennifer not funny mcguire
    Are any of them funny? I'm not familiar with Keith, but the other two sure don't seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

byte wrote: »
    Are any of them funny? I'm not familiar with Keith, but the other two sure don't seem to be.

Simple answer is NO. Annoying would be my personal thoughts but the good news is you won't have to look at them. Better than what was there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

You know what would be a good piece of music to describe RTE's thoughts about Jennifer and Bernard?

:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D:D;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭dr Golden

Next Friday is Will Leahys last drive time show, He has had a good long stint on the slot in fairness, 7 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dr Golden wrote: »
    Next Friday is Will Leahys last drive time show, He has had a good long stint on the slot in fairness, 7 years.

Source?

I'll miss him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

dr Golden wrote: »

Awww no...he really makes the drive home so bearable. ..I really like his show.

Awww no...he really makes the drive home so bearable. ..I really like his show.

Holding a day job as a solicitor and a drive time jock never sat right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

John clark just said rumour has it he will be back next week!

It's a pity Bernard O'Shea is also presenting 'Next Weeks News' on RTE2 at the moment. It's the old RTE trick of getting whoever is flavour of the month on as many programmes as possible.

It is over-exposure, and it will lead people to think "oh yeah, that's him off that awful quiz show, I'll give his radio programme a miss".

Having said that, I hope the new show goes well for the new Breakfast team.

• Advertisement

God I can't believe Nicky Byrne is going to be on the radio everyday. 2fm are really making it too easy for me to tune to a different frequency.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement