Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sapphire restaurant Rush

• 16-01-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Has anyone eaten here. i am thinking of trying it out tonight. If anyone doesn't know it. It is where the Coyote bar used to be on the old Rush Road. If anyone has been in for a meal what would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

have not been there. looks very well maintained from the outside.

would be very interestred to see how it works out. me and gf have been contemplating it for a while now.

Post up your review......good luck ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ive gotten take aways and eaten at this restaurant....couldnt fault it.
    ive heard reports of slow service but not while i was there.
    personally i think rush needed a decent chineese because imo the one down the town is horrible and by the time the orchid in skerries deliverd the food was soggy.
    ps they have a propper bar......not just wine and tiger beer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've spoken to a few people who have been there and they all had positive comments.
    rush needed a decent chineese because imo the one down the town is horrible
    Which one - there are two! ;)

The Indian is much better than any of the Chinese's IMO.
    ps they have a propper bar......not just wine and tiger beer:D
    I hope the bar isn't used as a 'local' by those living nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

if you have no luck in rush try the new plaza in swords. very good meal for 18 euro per head 5 course. its upstairs on the main street near aib.

The Indian is much better than any of the Chinese's IMO.

i would agree with you 100% there!!!

kinda got bored of chinese over the years. really took a shine to indian food over the last your and imo the bobay bistro is probably the best indian i have had and the service is excell
    nt.

never believe there estimated times if you are picking up an order always ad 20 minutes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks,

I didn't get grub in the Saphire after all. I just got a pizza takeaway from Angelos instead. They sure make good pizza.

yeah they do. out of all the places i get take away angelos and bombay bistro quite good.

the meaty pizza is the best.

i think i will treat myself to some chinese this week though.

Martron wrote: »
    the bobay bistro is probably the best indian i have had and the service is excell
    nt.

never believe there estimated times if you are picking up an order always ad 20 minutes!!!
    Yes, it's excessively slow but that's probably a good thing too - freshly cooked etc.

It's a bit more expensive than the average chinese but worth it. A 'sit down' seems to be around the same price as a take away!

Lads,

What takeaway place would you think is the best for PIzza in the Lusk/Skerries/Rush area?

angelos is not bad for pizza. on main street rush. i have had better pizza but not around here.

service is pretty good.

• Advertisement

Thanks Martron,

Sorry to be of too much hassle but where would you think is the best chipper in the locality (Rush/Lusk). i was told Joes is very good for a cod and chips.

never went to joes.

genoa is hit and miss. service is pretty slow as well.

Angelos is pretty standard chipper. not bad.

cant say much about joes at all.

living here nearly 2 years and only saw joes 2 months ago.

billyhead wrote: »
    where would you think is the best chipper in the locality (Rush/Lusk). i was told Joes is very good for a cod and chips.
    Joe's is alright but the service is ridiculously slow. There could be 20 people in the queue and they only take the orders for the first two or three instead of getting them from everyone. It's very frustrating for anyone who has a simple order for a few singles, as they shouldn't have to wait.

Then again, it was even slower in the old premises - one order at a time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Joe's is alright but the service is ridiculously slow. There could be 20 people in the queue and they only take the orders for the first two or three instead of getting them from everyone. It's very frustrating for anyone who has a simple order for a few singles, as they shouldn't have to wait.

Then again, it was even slower in the old premises - one order at a time!!

God yeah, I remember hitting Joe's after a night out and the boyfriend at the time would order an enormous amount of stuff...we'd be there for fuppin' ages! On the plus side, we never had trouble getting a taxi cos everyone had gone home at that stage :)

Lady in work was talking about the Sapphire place today. She said she went over the weekend and loved it. Friendly, quick service and tasty food. Must check it out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I don't personally like Chinese food, but a friend of mine was there on Wednesday night and he said it was gorgeous, and the staff were really friendly.

Joes is easily the best chipper, although granted a bit slow, although a lot of the time that's because of the queue. But they're very generous with their chips in comparison to the others! Angelos is so so, and takes forever, however I do like their pizza. The people in Genoas talk about you in Italian, and are quite slow too.

ok, went to the sapphire last night and was pleasantly suprised.the decor is not what i expected at all. the food and service was excellenst and the bar is great for a few drinks before and after dinner.

me and the gf had starters main and dessert an a drink each and it only came to 60 euro!!!

was well impressed and will most defiantely go back there and also recommend it .!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

The people in Genoas talk about you in Italian

What do they say?

Joes is easily the best chipper, although granted a bit slow, although a lot of the time that's because of the queue
    :confused: The reason that there is a queue is precisely because they are so slow! ;)

If I ran it, I'd take the orders from customers as they enter. That way some people with simple orders such as a bag of chips, can be served gone again leaving a shorter queue and therefore attracting more business. Many of those who go to the Genoa, do so after first checking the queue in Joe's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

in the past ive stumbled out of walshes and gone straight into joes and have had to wait for ages......i just go to genoa now, its faster and the food is just as nice.

in the past ive stumbled out of walshes and gone straight into joes and have had to wait for ages......i just go to genoa now, its faster and the food is just as nice.

Been a long time since I've been in Joe's but I always loved the chips :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

Fresh Cod and chips from joes ftw!!!!!!!!

right well i went to Sapphires last Tuesday.

One Word......... WOW!!!!!
    i brought my sister and mother down to try it. The Srvice is A1 and the decor is fantastic it looks like it should be in malahide or town.

tghe food was fantastic and the prices are very reasonable

2 thumbs up for me

Rfergusen,

What food did you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

I got a take away from Sapphire on Sat nigh and the food was delicious. I had beef with ginger and spring onion and the wife had chicken with cashew nuts both with fried rice. and it was only gorgeous!
    i had a quick look around while waiting for me food and it looks really nice. with a lovely little bar as well. all in all a really nice place. would defo recommend it. :)

billyhead wrote: »
    Rfergusen,

What food did you have

For starters i had the Salty & Chilli Shredded Chicken (fantastic)

For main course i had Duck in Plum Sauce with fried noodles (Best duck ive had in this country)

The Sister and the mother both has chicken and sweetcorn soup (they loved it)

and cant remeber what they had for the main course. but they loved it anyway

so all in all, good reports all round

That sounds fantastic. Cheers for the review. Do you mind if i copy it over to the restaurant review sticky?

Chinafoot wrote: »
    That sounds fantastic. Cheers for the review. Do you mind if i copy it over to the restaurant review sticky?

go ahead. id be happy to let you.

ive booked table again for tomorrow night for me and the lady friend so i hope she likes it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Presume they deliver? Been trying to find their number but cant find it anywhere , anyone havei t please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Deaddude wrote: »
    Presume they deliver? Been trying to find their number but cant find it anywhere , anyone havei t please?

(01) 8709242

http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/search/rush/sapphire.html

Think this is it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

You are a good man, was hard to find usually doesn't take more than a search or two ;)

Advertisement