Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tux advice ...ladies looking at you here :D

• 21-11-2007 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Right here it is which is best

single breasted 2 buttons with top button closed?
    or
    Double breasted

shirt ...black buttons or white?

show the bow tie band around the collar or not?

ivory shirt or white?

cumberband or none?

thanks for yout help...im useless at this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

fashion forum FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smartypants

cool, how do i move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

cool, how do i move it?

I dont think you can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Not a lady but...

single breasted 2 buttons with top button closed?
    or
    Double breasted
    Single breasted usually, but whatever looks good on you (just noticed - I had this the wrong way round! - single is the most common)

shirt ...black buttons or white?
    White

show the bow tie band around the collar or not?
    A proper dress shirt, by default, shows the tie band.

ivory shirt or white?
    White

cumberband or none?
    Only those who don't need to ask this question should consider (and still probably opt for not) wearing one. A cumberband can only work (sometimes) on special people on special occasions. (usually older, distinguished gentlemen)

brilliant cheers for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

double breasted tuxs or suits are for people with a belly to hide. same applies for the cummerbund.

ah ok thats good to know, ill rule out them out so!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

single breasted jackets look slimmer and sleeker than double breasted.

White buttons would look better on the shirt, which would be better in white rather than ivory.

The strap of the bowtie will be showing under the wingtip collar anyway.

Cummerbund only if you can carry it off (ie you have the confidence to carry it, rather than being self conscious and end up spending the night feeling like a twat), and only if you are relatively non-beer-bellied as it will only emphasise it! A bit of a belly, fine, even a generous belly, but pregnant with twins type and your jacket won't even close across the spill over the waistband to your lap, avoid, as it will draw emphasis to the belly.
    Black cummerbunds look classier IMO rather than other colours (dark wine etc) and can look great on certain menfolk ;) so go for it if you think it won't end up annoying you all night.

brilliant, i think im sorted now. ill try on the cumberband and see how it looks. i dont have a belly so ill see how cool or not ill look :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement