Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 6

• 15-08-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Rumours coming thick and fast now. Have just taken myself off the oneplus one invite waiting list in anticipation.

How soon after the US launch was the Nexus 5 available here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

digitaldr wrote: »
    Rumours coming thick and fast now. Have just taken myself off the oneplus one invite waiting list in anticipation.

How soon after the US launch was the Nexus 5 available here?

Nexus 5 wasn't available here at launch, it will be this time though as its for sale in Ireland through Google, should be immediately....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not entirely sure I want a Nexus 6:

BladeRunner2.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

loyatemu wrote: »
    not entirely sure I want a Nexus 6

6" inch screen would put me off. Have the nexus 4 at the moment and I don't really want to go any bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Clicked the link and after a line or two it says:

"Answer a survey question to continue reading this content. Or share this page"

Is this the new way to make money for websites? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Saadyst wrote: »

Any web page that tries that get's closed immediately. Try adblock plus, didn't have any issues then.

The rumours I've heard are more towards a 5.2" screen rather than 6. 6" would be far too big. I have reservations about my 5" xperia Z1 too, but the bezels are large on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Saadyst wrote: »

Funny didn't get that at all and don't have any ad blocker on my moto G

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

*GT clicks the subscription*

And i just got my oneplus... Still, they will have to amp up the audio on the nexus to make me jump back. Really smitten with the sound quality and software on the opo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

god's toy wrote: »
    *GT clicks the subscription*

And i just got my oneplus... Still, they will have to amp up the audio on the nexus to make me jump back. Really smitten with the sound quality and software on the opo.

Yeah, but is it buttery smooth like your nexus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I was about to buy the nexus 5 only a week ago but I'm glad I didnt now. Im waiting for this new variant.

emo72 wrote: »
    Yeah, but is it buttery smooth like your nexus?

Tell yea this, I would rather give a few percentage points in smoothness than give up the amazing sound amplifier, enhanced security, speed boost , screen size and battery life that the oneplus has over my nexus 5... Or nexus 6 if its still missing those thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What's the battery like on the plus one

god's toy wrote: »
    Tell yea this, I would rather give a few percentage points in smoothness than give up the amazing sound amplifier, enhanced security, speed boost , screen size and battery life that the oneplus has over my nexus 5... Or nexus 6 if its still missing those thing...

Great. So definite improvement over nexus 5. Damn you! I'm looking for reasons not to buy it!

Great. So definite improvement over nexus 5. Damn you! I'm looking for reasons not to buy it!

Soo ya gave in eh? So like me your gonna be watching the nexus 6 news very closely I bet... Enjoy your opo!

I'm so weak. Will probably buy both.

I'm so weak. Will probably buy both.

You and me both!

I love that Google devices are heavily subsidised and all the want in return is your soul all your personal information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

was thinking of a note 4 but i think il just park my money and wait til xmas with my cracked s3 :D would love a top end phone directly from google for 400 euro, has it become anymore concrete that this phone actually exists and isnt a pipe dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

My Galaxy has almost dies at this stage....

Decisions decisions....just buy a nexus 5 or 'somehow' hold on for the 6..........AAArrrggghhh

Any further updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

was fed up reading crap rumour reports on the daily but that was an interesting read cheers. Personally i hope it doesnt use the Moto X design language , and im not really interested in a 2k screen tbh a nice 1080p screen will do the job thanks :D

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nexus 5 wasn't available here at launch, it will be this time though as its for sale in Ireland through Google, should be immediately....

how do you know that that the nexus 6 will be available? can you even buy any google hardware right now direct from google from Ireland?

edit - I guess you can - test with nexus 5.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_32_GB_Black_Wi_Fi_only?id=nexus_7_32gb_2013

how long after announcement would the nexus 6 be on sale?

glasso wrote: »
    how do you know that that the nexus 6 will be available? can you even buy any google hardware right now direct from google from Ireland?

Yes. From the Google store.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

This would want to hurry up and at least be announced.

Been waiting ages now...Skipped the 5 as my 4 is still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Rumours are that it will be announced (maybe launched) on the 16th of October, last year the device was launched on the same day world wide (so no countries were waiting around).

BUT, when the Nexus 5 launched they did not even sell any devices in Ireland, so as to whether Ireland will have the opportunity to buy the Nexus 6 on launch day - we won't known until the day...

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Rumours are that it will be announced (maybe launched) on the 16th of October, last year the device was launched on the same day world wide (so no countries were waiting around).

BUT, when the Nexus 5 launched they did not even sell any devices in Ireland, so as to whether Ireland will have the opportunity to buy the Nexus 6 on launch day - we won't known until the day...

Yeah...Highly doubt ireland will get it launch date.

Ill be using parcel Motel and A Uk Card the day it launchs anyway :pac:

size is a bit much but iv waited this long...i cant back out now

I lost patience and bought a OnePlus One. Only took 4 days to arrive via Parcelmotel. Very pleased with it - getting used to the screen size but still think 5.9 inches would be a step too far (if the rumours are true).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

D_turbo wrote: »
    Yeah...Highly doubt ireland will get it launch date.

Ill be using parcel Motel and A Uk Card the day it launchs anyway :pac:

[silly question]why do you need a UK card?[/sillyquestion]

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Zipppy wrote: »
    [silly question]why do you need a UK card?[/sillyquestion]

Not a silly question, You don't need one.

manu2009 wrote: »
    Not a silly question, You don't need one.

I did for a buddys nexus 5 on the play store. But that was day one...i heard of people using an irish card on thete to but 100% wouldn't work for us until we used a uk card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

D_turbo wrote: »
    I did for a buddys nexus 5 on the play store. But that was day one...i heard of people using an irish card on thete to but 100% wouldn't work for us until we used a uk card

Ya it was a bit hit and miss with most people, i just used my irish ulster bank visa debit card on day one aswell and it worked fine.

Advertisement