Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britvic 55 - does it still exist?

• 03-12-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen it in aaaaages :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Monokne wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in aaaaages :-(

Oh my God does this bring back memories: following this to hopefully see successful answers - have not had Britvic 55 in years myself,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Saw it recently in Enniskillen, not sure if it's available in ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is J2O the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not at all.

Britvic 55 was like orange juice, only fizzy. And no, not like a fizzy orange drink like Fanta.

J2O is totally different. Good mixer though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Monokne wrote: »
    Not at all.

Britvic 55 was like orange juice, only fizzy. And no, not like a fizzy orange drink like Fanta.

J2O is totally different. Good mixer though :)

As the name suggests, Btitvic 55 was/is 55% orange juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It seems to be in all the bars around me anyway. Mind you I have only heard of one person who drinks it so maybe it is just old stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

Just mix some good orange juice with sparkling water, there's your britvic 55 ....assuming you put in 55% oj

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Miaireland wrote: »
    It seems to be in all the bars around me anyway. Mind you I have only heard of one person who drinks it so maybe it is just old stock!

What part of the country would be be based, roughly?
    Thanks,
    Bigus wrote: »
    Just mix some good orange juice with sparkling water, there's your britvic 55 ....assuming you put in 55% oj

No, just No! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Still around.
    Had some in Westbury last week.
    I'd say you could bang a bit of OJ in one of them soda steam yokes it would be pretty much Britvic55

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bigus wrote: »
    That will not be as fizzy, and its not just orange juice.

Ingredients: Orange Juice from concentrate (55%), Carbonated Water, Sugar, Orange Fruit from concentrate (1%), Citric Acid, Flavour Enhancer (Sodium Citrate), Flavourings, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Glycerol Esters Of Wood Rosins).

there was a pineapple version which was lovely.

I remember the advert with some woman singing. "brivtic 55, 55 pure orange juice"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Oh I LOVED this! Reminds me a going on holiday as a youngster, I used to always ask for it on the plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Britvic - horrible stuff. Tastes synthetic. Used to be considered cool to order if you were not ordering alcohol, but that would be about 50 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Really? I think it tastes much less synthetic than other orange soft drinks like fanta, club orange etc. It actually tastes of orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

The original of the Species,,,

Advertisement