Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Over 1,200 licensed guns stolen in five years

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

heres a link to the summary of story from the mirror in 2001 3 handguns stolen
    3 Webley revolvers

EASTER 1916 GUNS STOLEN.(News)

Article from:
    The Mirror (London, England)
    Article date:
    March 16, 2001 | Copyright informationCOPYRIGHT 2001 MGN LTD. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

Byline: DAIRMAID MacDERMOTT

THIEVES who stole three priceless guns from Dublin's Kilmainham Gaol museum were yesterday urged to return the national treasures.

The three Webley revolvers, dating from the ...

can't find any other references to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/detective-has-his-gun-stolen-form-home-1606627.html
    Detective has his gun stolen form home

Monday January 19 2009

Gardai are this evening hunting a burglar who stole a handgun from a detective’s home.

Officers are urgently trying to trace the thief, who broke into the garda’s home in Co Meath in what they believe was an “opportunistic raid”.

The criminal stole the Sig semi-automatic pistol and 30 rounds of ammo. The incident occurred a day before a confidential garda document was reportedly left in a Dublin coffee shop.

It related to an ongoing probe into organised crime and detailed a covert surveillance operation.

A major criminal is also named in the file. He is thought to have played a significant role in recent raids on cash-in-transit vans and is also a suspected tiger kidnapper.

A large-scale inquiry is under way today in an attempt to recover the stolen gun. It is thought to be standard issue for members of the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation, which investigates murders and serious offences.

Each garda detective is issued with a personal weapon that is their responsibility. It is normally stored in a secure station locker but can take them home.

The Sig is one of the most common weapons among criminals and has been used in several murders. However, officers do not believe the thief knew he was breaking into the home of a detective garda and said the theft was "opportunistic".

Officials are remaining tight-lipped about how the sensitive file was in the public domain and found in the cafe last Thursday.

Details of a major probe codenamed Operation Tarmac were also contained in the document. It was left in a busy central Dublin coffee shop near a Luas stop before being returned to Harcourt Square Garda Station by a member of the public.

k.doyle@herald.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Rew wrote: »

At this point you're beginning to get tiresome, there is a shooting thread where this is currently being discussed.

Posting this here is tantamount to trolling and by not adding your own comment gives the impression you are gloating.

If you are worried about the future of your sport you need to start convincing the people who make and amend the laws of the land, coming on here and pissing off the regular guards who post on this forum is not going to further that cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

CLADA wrote: »
    At this point you're beginning to get tiresome, there is a shooting thread where this is currently being discussed.

Posting this here is tantamount to trolling and by not adding your own comment gives the impression you are gloating.

If you are worried about the future of your sport you need to start convincing the people who make and amend the laws of the land, coming on here and pissing off the regular guards who post on this forum is not going to further that cause.

I read this and thought exactly the same, yawn. However I couldn't be bothered to reply as I lost the will to live on this thread a long time ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Not at all just thought it may be of interest my only comment would be that I hope they give some sort of allowance to these guy for a small safe. Everything has been discussed to death here as I've already said. I didnt comment on the shooting forum eather as it happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement