Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help me find this Nazi-in-Dublin thing on Google Earth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Huntington

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Now all we need is for someone to drag this thread up in 2009 :D!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Haha, me ma has her washing out in one of the photos of our house.
    She won't be pleased with that!

"Sure now the whole world can see our business!"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol @ the Belgian town that 'scrambled to dismantle a fountain' after realizing it looked like a swastika from above. Sure it's a symbol of peace in most places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

yeah a swastika was used alot around the world, just because the nazis used it its now evil....

it was 65 years ago.....get over it

Mousey- wrote: »
    it was 65 years ago.....get over it

:eek:

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    :eek:
    i mean the use of swastikas on things not intended for hate crimes etc.... like in designs/mosaics on church floors or things that look like a swastika from the air.
    if its used for racist things (skinheads/aryan brotherhood)... take it down, but if its not designed as an object of hate. leave it.

i didnt mean get over it as in the millions of ppl sent to concetration camps etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mousey- wrote: »

i didnt mean get over it as in the millions of ppl that died.

Sure you didnt. I bet you think it never happenbed.

:p

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx?id=&utype=&ecom=S1&user=
    keep zooming in and it turns from ordnance survey mapping to ariel photography and covers all of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Wow never heard that before :confused:

Though we did have our fair share of Nazi's back in the day,one in particular become a publisher of book for schools in Ireland.

i seen that documentry as well....
    are we not allowed mention the name ? snelof

it was a good documentry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Swastika laundry Ballsbridge ................
    http://photopol.com/signs/swastika.jpg
    What were they thinking of :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Camelot wrote: »

Yeah back in 1912. Stupid three dimensional beings with their linear view of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

http://cedarlounge.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/image_large-1.jpeg

Synthetic Cleansing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 K.BYRNE

THE HOUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS LOCATED AT 245 TEMPLEOGUE ROAD TEMPLEOGUE DUBLIN 6W.AS FAR AS I KNOW A GERMAN SPY LIVED HERE AT ONE TIME .ITS DEFINATELY BUILT IN THE SHAPE OF A SWASTIKA.CHEERS,,,,,,K.B:)

THANKS MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

K.BYRNE wrote: »
    THE HOUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS LOCATED AT 245 TEMPLEOGUE ROAD TEMPLEOGUE DUBLIN 6W.AS FAR AS I KNOW A GERMAN SPY LIVED HERE AT ONE TIME .ITS DEFINATELY BUILT IN THE SHAPE OF A SWASTIKA.CHEERS,,,,,,K.B:)

No it's not. I live beside it and it is definitely not built in the shape of a swastica.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=53.300364,-6.299724&spn=0.000452,0.001206&z=20

There is literally nothing swastika like about that house and there never has been. It's a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Oh, but ironically a descendant of a holocaust surviver lives across the road from the supposed swastika house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

http://photopol.com/signs/swastika.jpg

I believe they used to use this German washing powder in that laundry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Ok I've got my fire torch, petrol bomb and a baseball bat with nails in it, and I can shake my fist if necessary. What time will the mob be convening at?
    I haven't been part of an angry mob for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

A German spy, undercover in a neutral country trying to contact members of the illegal IRA, living in a house that apparently people knew was owned by Germans sympathetic to the Nazis and shaped like a swastika?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ffs how many times does this have to be said on this forum, never mind this thread ??

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT, shaped like a swastika and it never was, it's an urban myth, get over it ! :cool:

so you can call off the ADL attack dogs now lads :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Grrrrrrrrrrr. Total headwrecker. There's no swastica shaped house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

marcsignal wrote: »
    ffs how many times does this have to be said on this forum, never mind this thread ??

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT shaped like a swastika :cool:

The rumour started somewhere though.

Is it possible the shape has changed (extensions, etc.) over the past 65 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

THIS is a satellite photo of the said house, and as you can see it is NOT, I repeat NOT, shaped like a swastika and it never was, it's an urban myth, get over it ! :cool:

You've got a picture of an SS soldier as your sig. How do we know your not some sort of Nazi sympathiser and you're showing us a picture of just any old house in order to divert us from the real goings on there?

Wow a four year old thread resurfaces yet again!

AARRRGH wrote: »

Is it possible the shape has changed (extensions, etc.) over the past 65 years?

look at the pic ? it's a 1920s Art Deco style house. There was 'supposed' to be a swastika mosaiq on the hall floor like the one I posted earlier.

Trust me, it was NEVER shaped like a swastika, that's just urban myth bollox.

AARRRGH wrote: »

Here! ;)

wudangclan wrote: »
    You've got a picture of an SS soldier as your sig. How do we know your not some sort of Nazi sympathiser and you're showing us a picture of just any old house in order to divert us from the real goings on there?

That's a Wehrmacht soldier, please don't put them in the same catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Haha. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

That's a Wehrmacht soldier, please don't put them in the same catagory.

Another cunning diversion...

(i'm only messing)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement