Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

What's a nip slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What's a nip slip?

When a woman (often celebrities) are photographed wearing something revealing and accidentally show a little too much boob meaning one might observe said lady's nippular region.

cantdecide wrote: »
    <snip>

You might want to tag your entirely unfunny and passive aggressive post as NSFW.

You might want to tag your entirely unfunny and passive aggressive post as NSFW.

I thought it wouldn't qualify as NSFW as it just leads to a results list. Will edit.

PS it was meant to be a little sarky/ tongue-in-cheek. Not passive aggressive. No offence intended. Sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I thought it was slightly amusing tbh.

• Advertisement

cantdecide wrote: »
    I thought it wouldn't qualify as NSFW as it just leads to a results list. Will edit.

PS it was meant to be a little sarky/ tongue-in-cheek. Not passive aggressive. No offence intended. Sorry :)

You're grand, apologies for the crankiness, that lmtfy just winds me up - it's a discussion forum after all. No harm done :)

But yeh, even googling that in work could get some folk in trouble I'm afraid!

But yeh, even googling that in work could get some folk in trouble I'm afraid!

I didn't realise. I'll be more careful in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Zombee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Zombee wrote: »

Yes because the life of a teenage, small town socialite(in her own mind anyway) is so important, that hackers are racing to copy their pages! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

OT but, I deactivated my facebook almost a year ago but this thread compelled me to stalk some of the wasters I went to school with for material -the majority of them already have kids. (I'm only 20 ffs!)
    This one's pregnant on her second:
    Hangover free its a miricle!! who I said I wouldn't me liver had enough! Debating weather to get involved or not and dya no suma I'm not cuz I'm sicka taken on everyone else's problems & fightin ther battles & getin no thanks for it, we all hav things to sort ou
    #‎PeaceInTheMiddleEast‬
    ‪#‎DramaQueens‬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Planemo wrote: »
    OT but, I deactivated my facebook almost a year ago but this thread compelled me to stalk some of the wasters I went to school with for material -the majority of them already have kids. (I'm only 20 ffs!)
    This one's pregnant on her second:

I'm jealous, your friend knew about the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

"The amount of drugs found in irleand today"

Smokes Weed Everday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Dirty little scumbag ***** roarin lik asses outside my door if ye don't **** da **** off I'm ringin da ****in guards stupid bastards jason stephanie guy tat looks acts an talks lik a gay dunno ur name

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Festy wrote: »
    Dirty little scumbag ***** roarin lik asses outside my door if ye don't **** da **** off I'm ringin da ****in guards stupid bastards jason stephanie guy tat looks acts an talks lik a gay dunno ur name
    Ahhh, a person of great patience, fortitude and tolerance..This country would be lost without people of their calibre.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Like 4 a rate !xx"

32 likes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

h im so happy ha i ave ta say i bate my sister inlaw around the place mup out of datz haha i new i cud do it i aint botherd about ny of ye it wasn me left wiv a mark haha going up twn nw i aint botherd about yah ! X x x x x x x x x x x

:confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Festy wrote: »
    h im so happy ha i ave ta say i bate my sister inlaw around the place mup out of datz haha i new i cud do it i aint botherd about ny of ye it wasn me left wiv a mark haha going up twn nw i aint botherd about yah ! X x x x x x x x x x x

:confused: :pac:

Well I am delighted to say that I finally beat up my sister in law, all around the place. Up out of that, haha, I knew I could do it . I don't care what anyone thinks. I not bruised but she is. Haha am going out now. I don't care about you.

As bad as it is I hope it was a female , could only be worse if it was a male bragging about beating up a female .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lisha wrote: »

As bad as it is I hope it was a female , could only be worse if it was a male bragging about beating up a female .

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

People putting up their college grades? 'OMG I got a FIRST CLASSssssss....oh yeah baby'

Baffling!

Where's the tact? Where's the class?

F@@k right off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

simonsays1 wrote: »
    People putting up their college grades? 'OMG I got a FIRST CLASSssssss....oh yeah baby'

Baffling!

F@@k right off!!

The worst I seen was around Leaving Cert results time about a year ago.

A guy I know, really sound guy, puts up a status saying "So proud of myself with the results". And I think ah that's great for him. He was never going to get 600 points, if ya get me...
    But then some bellend puts up a picture of his results sheet which shows that he did all honours and got a shítload of A's and a few B's and I thought he had some cheek to do that. It's one thing to say ya did well, but to put up a picture of the results ya got (especially when they're significantly better than most people) shows no class in my opinion

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

simonsays1 wrote: »

Baffling!

F@@k right off!!

First Class degree or just a First Class in one particular subject?

If it's the former I don't really see a problem with it, I mean it's 3-4 years of their life spent working towards something so celebrating is fine IMO.

If it's just a particular subject then they're a gowl tbh, no one cares about your individual results bar "Did well in exams xoxo".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

"This huge tripe of a ****ing pavee decided he would park is car directly between Macdonalds and Topaz, just blocking all traffic in sight for a good 25 minutes. Ata boy u sack of smelly poo. Wheres Hitler when u need him. I hope all the foreign people in there dont think the Irish are like those inbread bastards."

SO....MUCH.....IGNORANT......HATE.

"I hope all the foreign people in there dont think the Irish are like those inbread bastards."
    And I hope 'all the foreign people' don't think we're all as thick as the gobsh1te who posted this on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

What on earth is wrong with putting down results? It's "less classy" the better they are? Nonsense! People should be proud of their achievements and shouldn't be afraid to celebrate them for fear of hurting the feelings of those who are less successful.

Obviously it's different in a one on one conversation with someone but in a public forum like Facebook I think it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A guy I know, really sound guy, puts up a status saying "So proud of myself with the results". And I think ah that's great for him. He was never going to get 600 points, if ya get me...
    But then some bellend puts up a picture of his results sheet which shows that he did all honours and got a shítload of A's and a few B's and I thought he had some cheek to do that. It's one thing to say ya did well, but to put up a picture of the results ya got (especially when they're significantly better than most people) shows no class in my opinion

That's such an Irish thing: two lads do the exact same thing, one lad does well, one lad not as well. The lad who doesn't do well is a sound guy who should be proud, whereas the lad who does well is a wanker, bragging and thinking he's better than everyone else. People then look for a tangible excuse to begrudge the successful lad (in this case, it's because he put up a PICTURE?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE BASTARD!!!! I am literally...SHAKING with anger at the idea of someone having the absolute GALL to post their Leaving Cert results in pictorial form!)

I don't particularly care about most people's exam results (or if they passed their driving test, or how pregnant they are etc) but putting up that kinda self-congratulatory tat is pretty much the exact reason these websites exist: it's a way of letting people who DO care know what's going on in one fell swoop. Nothing wrong with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

This came up in my feed. Its the post of a 14 year old boy.

''facebook has ta be the sickest yoke i eva seen in me life nad a fukin ting on it i dna how im a dicted ta the sick bad yoke''

This came up in my feed. Its the post of a 14 year old boy.

''facebook has ta be the sickest yoke i eva seen in me life nad a fukin ting on it i dna how im a dicted ta the sick bad yoke''

He's 14? And he's "a dicted" to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

coolhull wrote: »
    He's 14? And he's "a dicted" to it?

I think he misspelt d1ckhead.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I agree with what the other posters have said - why should the lad who did well have to keep quiet about his achievement? Are you only allowed celebrate your results publically if you're firmly average or below?

Attitudes like this mean that some people who do well academically are made to feel almost ashamed of their good results. I don't think it's being obnoxious or unclassy to announce your achievement on results day. Now, if someone was constantly referring to their LC results in general day to day conversation, then there'd be a problem - but when they've just got them? Fair play to them if they're happy!

Would you consider it to show equal cheek or lack of class if someone posted a photo of an All-Ireland trophy they won with their hurling team, or a medal for gymnastics, or an award for musical ability?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement