Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

second year history modules?

• 20-08-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

was flicking through the book of modules and i really cant decide what modules to take next year..... im bad with decisions! has anyone any past experience on any of them what to avoid and whatnot??!! also what are the mandatory moduls like, e.g. workload hours etc...... thanks!:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

was flicking through the book of modules and i really cant decide what modules to take next year..... im bad with decisions! has anyone any past experience on any of them what to avoid and whatnot??!! also what are the mandatory moduls like, e.g. workload hours etc...... thanks!:D

Well, it depends. What tickles your fancy: Irish history, Medieval History, International Relations and Twentieth Century, or Early Modern?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

sorry, i prob should have been a little more specific!! :) i am really interested in early modern and history of the church etc.. roman history, that era in general really. i would love to just try something quite different and interesting though so i dont get stuck in a rut! also if anyone has any advice on the case studies, i.e. what books are going to be options this year.

sorry, i prob should have been a little more specific!! :) i am really interested in early modern and history of the church etc.. roman history, that era in general really. i would love to just try something quite different and interesting though so i dont get stuck in a rut!

I think you've answered your own question so! All the early modern and church history courses are very good. The History Department has been steadily improving its early modern focus in recent years. Dave Edwards, Hiram Morgan and Jason Harris are the lecturers to speak to if you have any queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

anyone any ideas on case studies or what the compulsory modules are like?

Captainspeckle, check this thread out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055611125

It deals with one of the core modules. RE Case Studies, Murder and Intrigue is brilliant, as is the one about Gerald of Wales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement