Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

In our thoughts Boston! This is so surreal.... sickening to think people would kill innocent children for.. what exactly!! This world makes me sick and some of the people in it should be killed themselves..... Selfish and immoral behaviour!
    Especially that the bomber made a Facebook page in commemoration to the bomb victims..... 2days before the actual bomb was set to go off..... SICK WORLD!!!

In reference to to this page being set up at some point over the weekend. It's quite easy to rename a Facebook page, ya feckin' eejit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The thing about an event like the Boston bombings is the amount of crap you have to read about it from people. I don't mean the 'My thoughts are with the victims' posts. It's a big news event and people are probably naturally going to comment on it. Its people sharing pictures with captions like 'This brave 8 year old boy was running in memory of the Sandy Hook victims and was killed. Share = respect' How hard is it for someone to use Google to verify if this story is bullsh¡t (which it completely is) before sharing it? And who the fück makes up this sh¡t in the first place?

Also, the other posters that boil my piss are the '55 people killed in Iraq. Just saying…' posts in an attempt to show how much more clued in they are. The fact of the matter is before they heard about the Boston bombings they didn't care one bit about the death toll in Iraq or the Afghan wedding massacre but now they can infer how callous and racist their friends are because they commented on the deaths of people at the Boston marathon and not the deaths in Iraq or Afghanistan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well, if she planned her day out properly like a man instead of leaving everything until the last minute she would have been able to go straight up to bed.
    The thing about an event like the Boston bombings is the amount of crap you have to read about it from people. I don't mean the 'My thoughts are with the victims' posts. It's a big news event and people are probably naturally going to comment on it. Its people sharing pictures with captions like 'This brave 8 year old boy was running in memory of the Sandy Hook victims and was killed. Share = respect' How hard is it for someone to use Google to verify if this story is bullsh¡t (which it completely is) before sharing it? And who the fück makes up this sh¡t in the first place?

Also, the other posters that boil my piss are the '55 people killed in Iraq. Just saying…' posts in an attempt to show how much more clued in they are. The fact of the matter is before they heard about the Boston bombings they didn't care one bit about the death toll in Iraq or the Afghan wedding massacre but now they can infer how callous and racist their friends are because they commented on the deaths of people at the Boston marathon and not the deaths in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Both of these posts made my day! Thank you masked stranger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yes. Just yes to everything you just said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

One of my FB "friends" posted that fake picture of the little girl "who died running the marathon", and talked about how sad it was.

(In the picture the girl is CLEARLY wearing a number from a 5k race with the name of the race on it.)

Less than two minutes later she shared the post explaining that the little girl had nothing to do with the marathon.

*bangs head against wall*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

I have finally broken free of Facebook :D I couldn't put up with looking at any more "share this and win" posts, it's what finally put me over the edge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Smeggy wrote: »
    I have finally broken free of Facebook :D I couldn't put up with looking at any more "share this and win" posts, it's what finally put me over the edge!

I had to block people from my newsfeed, now there's f*ck all on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had to block people from my newsfeed, now there's f*ck all on it!

I have exactly 100 friends and see status updates from about 30 of them, the rest is stuff like sites that are easier to see facebook feeds than check the sites a few times a day, pure laziness :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    I have exactly 100 friends and see status updates from about 30 of them, the rest is stuff like sites that are easier to see facebook feeds than check the sites a few times a day, pure laziness :pac:

I've 77 after I deleted the people I don't like or see regularly...and I kept family!

I don't even like Facebook, don't know why I'm on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Pah, I have hundreds of friends. Maybe i'll delete some of the ones I don't actually know and put up a status informing those I haven't deleted. It's never been done before but I think it might really catch on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

This moronic girl has come out with a lot of gems but I can't even believe my eyes at this one...

"I dnt even like boston fck dem x"

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

CarMe wrote: »
    This moronic girl has come out with a lot of gems but I can't even believe my eyes at this one...

I hope you deleted her

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What an absolute cunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

I've 77 after I deleted the people I don't like or see regularly...and I kept family!

I don't even like Facebook, don't know why I'm on it.

Delete your account then. Life is better without it! :)

I have friends that are abroad but I keep in touch via viber etc - which is more for actual friends. I've no time for the Facebook kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I always knew she was along the lines of "hope your ok hun" and the entertainment value kept her on my friends list but I'm absolutely horrified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I hope you deleted her

I hope her parents were sterilised after their obvious first mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

This is from a girl I worked with in Canada. She is the biggest gom and most delusional person I've ever met. Her Facebook posts keep me entertained!

'Wooo deleting spree is turning out to be quite fun! 100 people gone so far! You should really look into your settings and stuff! It's amazing what you can & cannot control on here! Major clean up of my social networking all round.

Just watched something on tv about Facebook and it was a bit of an eye opener! So I'm going to keep chopping away!! Got a couple of messages so far haha, sorry guys if you don't talk to me how the hell am I supposed to know you read the crap I post on here? You're all essentially stalkers if you're not friends! hahaha'

How can anyone be that arrogant? As if she thinks everyone is just hanging on to her every word. I'm sure most of her 'stalkers' feel the same way about her - she's a random acquaintance like most Facebook 'friends' are.

Delete your account then. Life is better without it! :)

I have friends that are abroad but I keep in touch via viber etc - which is more for actual friends. I've no time for the Facebook kind.

I like to nose on people though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I know these are from twitter but they give you a peek into the world of the idiots' reaction to the Boston bombings:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/tagged/Boston-Marathon

Why are the Americans spending millions of dollars trying to find out who the perpetrators are when all they have to do is look up Facebook or Twitter and find 'the truth'? The CIA, FBI, Homeland Security etc, should know by now that all the answers are to be found on social sites.
    Don't they know that the people who use Facebook are never,ever,wrong?

* Ssssiiiiggggghhh. I sometimes weep for humanity*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mink wrote: »
    Frapes just aren't funny anymore, if they ever were.

"I love c0ck" etc
    I had a chance to frape someone earlier but couldnt think of anything other than the usual that would still be known as a frape. He spotted his phone before I came up with anything good. :(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I thought this was pretty funny!
    "got accused of trying to steal weetabix from Tesco a minute ago.. the accuser had fake eye lashes on...for work...in Tesco... what is life"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

coolhull wrote: »
    Why are the Americans spending millions of dollars trying to find out who the perpetrators are when all they have to do is look up Facebook or Twitter and find 'the truth'? The CIA, FBI, Homeland Security etc, should know by now that all the answers are to be found on social sites.

Have a look at the conspiracy theories forum, there's a thread on FB being funded by the american gov./CIA/whatever, they backed/created it as database to use on the people and that Zuckerberg is just a front and they regularly use Harvard for this sort of thing

Not really into the whole CT thing but some are a bit interesting :pac:

didn't read the full thing yet but it was created a while ago, nothing to do with the bombings in Boston.

Also they do use FB, Twitter, etc. they were looking for laws to be granted to give them access to the sites, to monitor people - something like an updated form of wiretapping

& remember a while back them two from the UK, one might have been Irish even, that were refused entry after their comments on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

coolhull wrote: »

Please, I'm asking nicely and all, but no more use of this phrase. Humanity doesn't give a fcuk and it comes off like you think you're Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Please, I'm asking nicely and all, but no more use of this phrase. Humanity doesn't give a fcuk and it comes off like you think you're Jesus.

No they don't but the idiom relates more to the standard of humanity and its reputation or its future prospects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Jernal wrote: »
    No they don't but the idiom relates more to the standard of humanity and its reputation or its future prospects.

But it's ONE person in how many billion? I doubt even they could ride around that much that they'd have any impact on the future of humanity or it's intellectual standard! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Please tell me she got a lot of abuse stick for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

batistuta9 wrote: »

& remember a while back them two from the UK, one might have been Irish even, that were refused entry after their comments on twitter
    I remember that. Story here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I know these are from twitter but they give you a peek into the world of the idiots' reaction to the Boston bombings:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/tagged/Boston-Marathon

:eek: at those posts. I've never heard the term 'sand monkey'???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I remember that. Story here.
    Hilarious!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement