Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Avoiding Horizon with UPC upgrade

• 06-07-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

We have been subscribed to UPC for years and pay €125 for TV+30Mb BB+Phone. We have the old old media box (non-HD) and separate router (Cisco epc 2425). I think we are paying too much.

I want to "upgrade" to one of the new Horizon bundles with HD TV and 200Mb as well as dropping the phone. This should be significantly cheaper than our current bill. The thing is, given the mountain of negative feedback regarding Horizon, I don't want the integrated set-top box.

I've heard of people sending back their Horizon boxes to get the older HD boxes + router. Is this actually possible/common and has anyone done this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't have to take Horizon. Agents over the phone can update your package to a new bundle and you can keep the existing non-Horizon set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Do not take the Horizon Tv....i repeat do not take the Horizon Tv...

So user unfriendly it's not funny.

Advertisement