Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

off their feet at that last turnover???

No, they clearly weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shane Williams, you are a gentleman and one of the greatest rugby players I have ever had the honour of seeing in the flesh, but my sweet jesus do I bloody despise you at this moment. A special mention too for Roman "I don't have a clue what's going on in this scrum so I'm going to flip a coin" Poit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Much better match than the HEC final. The HEC was entertaining but this (like the Clermont semi) was more final worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Oh well, still got the Heineken Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 54,588 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Great game and unfortunate for the lads, but you can't in them all. Osprey's are a quality team. A point in it over 80 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Congrats to the Ospreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

It's a load of rubbish twice in the last 3 leagues Leinster have ran away with it but to be beaten in the final by the hairsprays! A league is a league!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Wales are best international team in Europe and Ospreys must be the best club team. To win away against Leinster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

A game that, like the England match, signifies the importance of Mike Ross to Irish rugby at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

walshb wrote: »
    Great game and unfortunate for the lads, but you can't in them all. Osprey's are a quality team. A point in it over 80 mins.

Yes, let's not forget Ospreys have won here already this season. Right up there as 1 of euope's best teams.

So wasps remain the only team to achieve the double.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Gutted. Fair play to the Ospreys. They never gave up and played some great rugby.

maddragon wrote: »
    Wales are best international team in Europe and Ospreys must be the best club team. To win away against Leinster!

Leinster were 7 days since a HC final and missing key players. Not to mention they ran away with the league

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

The winner of the Heineken Cup is the best team in Europe actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

No need for the booing at the end there.

We did technically win the league, Ospreys won the playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Way more entertaining game than the HC. Hard luck leinster but well done the o's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Tox56 wrote: »
    Oh well, still got the Heineken Cup

I'm sure they'll cry themselves to sleep tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Leinster are the best team in Europe. Have been 3 out of the last 4 years. Ospreys are the domestic champions. Well done on your Rabo Direct Pro12 trophy. Maybe some time soon you'll win a Heineken Cup. Or 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Tiredness eventually caught up with Leinster.

Tough game against Glasgow, followed by the Heineken Cup final against Ulster, and then straight into this game.

Ospreys didn't have a schedule as tough as that

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

A-Train wrote: »
    It's a load of rubbish twice in the last 3 leagues Leinster have ran away with it but to be beaten in the final by the hairsprays! A league is a league!

+1

Very strange that Leinster - who ran away with the league title in this half of the season - should lose based on one game at the very end. Is this a league or not?

Still, I have to hand it to Ospreys, they deserved to win this game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

This is why playoffs are bull**** tbh. Win the European cup and top the table by a mile and lose by a point in a one off game and the league goes out the window

My god do i hate you Shane Williams, i wont miss you breaking our hearts, whether as a Wales or Ospreys player. ****er. Class ****er though.

Irlandczyk wrote: »
    +1

Very strange that Leinster - who ran away with the league title in this half of the season - should lose based on one game at the very end. Is this a league or not?

Every league in pro rugby has this format. Ospreys fully deserve the title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Leinster were unlucky. Firstly in having to play 3 big games in 3 weeks. They looked tired. Then in missing SOB and Healy. Then Mike ROss going off injured. And most of all in getting Poite as the ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Disappointing end but credit to Ospreys, a clean sweep against this Leinster side is an achievement in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    +1

Not to reach for hyperbole or anything...

+1

Saying a league is a league doesn't mean Ospreys somehow don't deserve to win, if you beat the European champions away you deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Schmidt "bemused by some of the decisions" mentioned shoulders above the hips during the scrums in the interview. Well done Ospreys made it a fantastic game.

I can't help but feel that any if it was any other ref than Poite in charge and Ross didn't go off, Leinster would have the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Not sure about that, although just my opinion. I will say that they definitely deserved to win the game though. Fair play to them either way, but I've never been a fan of that system.

Poite was bad but he was bad for both sides

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Leinster are the best team in Europe. Have been 3 out of the last 4 years. Ospreys are the domestic champions. Well done on your Rabo Direct Pro12 trophy. Maybe some time soon you'll win a Heineken Cup. Or 3.

Ok, Troll post I admit. I'm a Munster fan and agree that Leinster are the best team in Europe by a few yards and the best team in Ireland by a mile but as an Ireland fan I'm very disappointed that the Taffs beat our team today. We need to reverse this trend bigtime.

Advertisement