Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Jobs in Cork?

• 07-07-2014 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Is anyone else finding it impossible to find work in cork (city)?
    I know people who have handed out about 60 cvs in the last month and nothing?

Is it just me?

grrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

amme321 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding it impossible to find work in cork (city)?
    I know people who have handed out about 60 cvs in the last month and nothing?

Is it just me?

grrr

Not just you at all, both myself and a friend have been finding it increasingly difficult to find any work at all in the city. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 amme321

it's crazy,

and the news reported that apparently ther's thousands of jobs created recently?

Lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

There is jobs, I've had 3 different ones since last July.

Theres another Ramen (Resturant) opening up soon in Dennehys Cross, dunno what age group you guys are but I reckon they'll be needing some staff. The other place is always packed.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

17.. trying to find a job so can go to college!

Good to know something may be coming up.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I'd say try Ramen.. A lot of young(ish) girls working there every time I've been in there.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

cool..
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Keep on trucking. I know people who have spent upto a year looking for work in Cork. It can be very disheartening but you'll get there eventually. Id definitely recommend sprucing up your CV if youre not even getting P.F.Os.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Wildways on Cook street (I think) and Pana Bread in Merchants Quay taking on staff

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Advertisement