Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AvantCard - MBNA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

No statements for me either, I asked where it was last week and they said they'd sent another, still haven't received that. Now I"m locked out of my account on their website as its tells me I got the letters from my memorable word wrong too many times, which I didn't, I got them right every time I Was asked for them but it refused to accept them. Tried calling them and was cut off after 7 minutes on hold, bunch of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

quenching wrote: »
    No statements for me either, I asked where it was last week and they said they'd sent another, still haven't received that. Now I"m locked out of my account on their website as its tells me I got the letters from my memorable word wrong too many times, which I didn't, I got them right every time I Was asked for them but it refused to accept them. Tried calling them and was cut off after 7 minutes on hold, bunch of morons.

Cut off again after 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 armian

Does anyone have an update on when we will be able to see recent transactions on line? "Coming soon..." is getting a little tiresome at this stage. Do existing Avant customers have this problem or is it just MBNA folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

quenching wrote: »

Isn't it odd that people who were dealing quite easily with this outfit in MBNA days are now assumed to be a bunch of thickos when they ring up with a problem such as yours.
    These, like too many attempts.would seem to be problems that those who knew what they are at could sort out in a tic.
    I wonder if the main computer governing our lives is not in Lovely Leitrim, but in siesta land.
    It would partially explain why, if it can't be sorted locally, you may "whistle for ducks"!
    Don't forget their landline number if you intend to keep ringing them 071-9656262. It might put a better look to the eircom bill if nothing else.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do existing Avant customers have this problem or is it just MBNA folk?

There are no existing Avant customers. All Avant customers are former MBNA customers.

On another note, I got my statement today and notice the account number is no longer the same as the credit card number. A small change, but interesting nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 born 2 shop

Got my statement also today. A week later than normal I might add but at least I got it. Does anyone know why there is an 'issuer markup assessment' on sterling transactions?? I made 2 puchases to UK companies online and the conversion is in euros, which is correct but there are further charges of €7.15 & €4.88 on each transaction. Whats that all about. At least MBNA just showed you the conversion rate. I clear my bill each month so its not outstanding. I hate this shower of dopes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I wrote to Avantcard last week to make an official complaint and advised them that if my card is used fraudulently for any reason as I cannot see my transactions online, I will not be held liable for any costs in relation to it.

They seem to be a big joke so far, not able to look at transactions or statements online is a joke.

You speak to them in Leitrim and they are saying the equivalent of shrugging their shoulders. It's a complete joke at this stage.

Bad start Avantcard, VERY bad start

Got my statement also today. A week later than normal I might add but at least I got it. Does anyone know why there is an 'issuer markup assessment' on sterling transactions?? I made 2 puchases to UK companies online and the conversion is in euros, which is correct but there are further charges of €7.15 & €4.88 on each transaction. Whats that all about. At least MBNA just showed you the conversion rate. I clear my bill each month so its not outstanding. I hate this shower of dopes.......

What did Avantcard say about this?

armian wrote: »
    Does anyone have an update on when we will be able to see recent transactions on line? "Coming soon..." is getting a little tiresome at this stage. Do existing Avant customers have this problem or is it just MBNA folk?

Spoke with them yesterday about an Issue I was having with setting up their "verified by visa" layer of security and I asked them about this, they said they are still working on it, the spanish are in town (ah ha that's why it's not getting done until tomorrow - mañana mañana eh!) and they STILL have no idea when this will be up and running. Sigh :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Spoke with them yesterday about an Issue I was having with setting up their "verified by visa" layer of security and I asked them about this, they said they are still working on it, the spanish are in town (ah ha that's why it's not getting done until tomorrow - mañana mañana eh!) and they STILL have no idea when this will be up and running. Sigh :mad::mad::mad:

Are you blocked?

I had a problem with it, locked me out, unblocked on the phone, then unblocked again, but no issue since I used the name on the card including the Mr. Used verified by visa few times since without any issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Hey guys,

My mother just got a Credit Card Statement from AvantCard which has her limit on it but she has no clue what this card is, after doing some googling, I found this thread and that they used to be MBNA or something to that affect.
    The statement mentions that she has €4,500 available to spend, I assume this is he limit
    The problem is, my mother never had an MBNA card of any type, she's always been with AIB.
    She's rather confused as to why she is recieving this as am I.
    Can we just ignore this statement?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Shadooby wrote: »
    Hey guys,

My mother just got a Credit Card Statement from AvantCard which has her limit on it but she has no clue what this card is, after doing some googling, I found this thread and that they used to be MBNA or something to that affect.
    The statement mentions that she has €4,500 available to spend, I assume this is he limit
    The problem is, my mother never had an MBNA card of any type, she's always been with AIB.
    She's rather confused as to why she is recieving this as am I.
    Can we just ignore this statement?

Cheers

Don't ignore, find out what is going on. If I was to take a guess - she may have signed up for one years ago and never used it. Possibly it used to be a MBNA Ryanair card that was promoted in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Thanks Red,
    I'll give them a call tomorrow, dont think it would have been anything to do with the Ryanair card, she really has no clue about CC's or phone or anything of the likes and anytime she is offered something, she gets me to talk to the person or look up the info before she goes ahead with anything.

Thanks again

Shadooby wrote: »
    Thanks Red,
    I'll give them a call tomorrow, dont think it would have been anything to do with the Ryanair card, she really has no clue about CC's or phone or anything of the likes and anytime she is offered something, she gets me to talk to the person or look up the info before she goes ahead with anything.

Thanks again

She definitely has an account with them. Make sure she is on the line when you call as due to data protection they will not speak to you with out permission. Hopefully you get it sorted out - if need more advice post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had reason to call them the other day to get them to fully outline in simple terms how they apply interest to my account because I was confused by "interest added daily".

The person who I dealt with could not have been politer, friendlier and couldn't have been more helpful. This is odd because I never had the same experience with MBNA(same staff I'm sure) but wholly different in their approach this time.

As soon as my balance is paid down I will not be continuing business with them and will stick with my BOI €1,000 limit. (My AVANT card is blocked by my request so I don't pay stamp duty and pay a low interest rate).

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I had reason to call them the other day to get them to fully outline in simple terms how they apply interest to my account because I was confused by "interest added daily".

The person who I dealt with could not have been politer, friendlier and couldn't have been more helpful. This is odd because I never had the same experience with MBNA(same staff I'm sure) but wholly different in their approach this time.

As soon as my balance is paid down I will not be continuing business with them and will stick with my BOI €1,000 limit. (My AVANT card is blocked by my request so I don't pay stamp duty and pay a low interest rate).

Like calling through to any call centre; some employees are better dealing with customers than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭elroy45

ncmc wrote: »
    The account details for Avant Card are the same as MBNA, so you're payment should go through ok. I paid via EFT a couple of weeks ago and it went through.

The lack of recent and pending transactions is beyond a joke at this stage, how long does it take to get this sorted, it's going on weeks at this stage.

Made a payment through my AIB account recently using the MBNA details, payment credited to my Avant account fine. Made a withdrawal from Betfair account recently using same MBNA details but no sign of it on Avant account yet and its well over a week now. Anyone else having problems getting payments credited? I didnt change any payment details with bank/betfair account or otherwise.

The website or excuse of a website they have is a joke. Looks amateurish to say the least. Considering its presumably the same staff in leitrim that MBNA had, im surprised with the disaster Avant card has started with.

elroy45 wrote: »
    Made a payment through my AIB account recently using the MBNA details, payment credited to my Avant account fine. Made a withdrawal from Betfair account recently using same MBNA details but no sign of it on Avant account yet and its well over a week now. Anyone else having problems getting payments credited? I didnt change any payment details with bank/betfair account or otherwise.

The website or excuse of a website they have is a joke. Looks amateurish to say the least. Considering its presumably the same staff in leitrim that MBNA had, im surprised with the disaster Avant card has started with.

Probably the same staff but without the support of a massive corporation that is Bank of America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Nirvana999

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Online payment now working from laser

Davy wrote: »
    Are you blocked?

I had a problem with it, locked me out, unblocked on the phone, then unblocked again, but no issue since I used the name on the card including the Mr. Used verified by visa few times since without any issue.

Do you mean blocked by verified by visa?? I was blocked and that's why I had to call Avantcard to unblock me as I was using the old MBNA details initially then tried to set up a new verified by visa name and password and it asks you the most ridiculous questions to do this.

It requires a main card holders details also - even thought it doesn't state that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭ Camden Ambitious Iceberg

jsut saw this forum, im so kicking these aholes to the kerb

• Registered Users Posts: 33,570 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Beer Baron wrote: »

Didnt know you could do that! Is that possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I sent two payments to my card last week.
    My card balance seems higher than I think it should be and it doesn't say 'last payment amount' like it did before. Don't know how to budget when you don't know the balance. Does anyone have the automated number,does it tell you about last payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 boardbaby101

Hello, I am just looking for some advice. I am haing a night mare with avant card since they took over for mbna! My boyfriend made a cash payment into their account of AIB on Dame Street for me 2 weeks ago and the payment is now missing. I have been on to them numerous times and getting nowhere. Their website wasn't working properly at the time, and I'm still missing an online payment to them from yesterday but that could just be a delay, I'm more worried about the cash payment 2 weeks ago. Is anyone else having trouble with them? I'm getting nowhere with the call centre, and the AIB told me to email Avant Card with the details, I can't get an email address from them, I don't suppose anyone would know an email address I could contact? The lady is AIB said she was advising everyone making counter payments to email Avant, and a lot of people had to make cash payments as nothing else was being accepted at the time. I'm so frustrated, any help is apprieciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

My statement had :

Late Fee €15 something! then
    "Automatic reversal of late fee"

I definitely paid on time !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Solair wrote: »
    My statement had :

Late Fee €15 something! then
    "Automatic reversal of late fee"

I definitely paid on time !

I had about ten cash advance fees. And I very rarely take out any

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Received my statement dated 10th April today. Just checked and there are no mistakes on it.

As I said earlier I wrote a complaint to Avant and I got a letter back this morning say they couldn't locate my account !!!!!! (even though they had my full names, address and the last four digits of my card), how hard is it like? that's just pure and utter laziness.

How can they not find my account from my name, address and last four digits of their card ??????????????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Spanish owned. That says everything. I do miss MBNA's professionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hello, I am just looking for some advice. I am haing a night mare with avant card since they took over for mbna! My boyfriend made a cash payment into their account of AIB on Dame Street for me 2 weeks ago and the payment is now missing. I have been on to them numerous times and getting nowhere. Their website wasn't working properly at the time, and I'm still missing an online payment to them from yesterday but that could just be a delay, I'm more worried about the cash payment 2 weeks ago. Is anyone else having trouble with them? I'm getting nowhere with the call centre, and the AIB told me to email Avant Card with the details, I can't get an email address from them, I don't suppose anyone would know an email address I could contact? The lady is AIB said she was advising everyone making counter payments to email Avant, and a lot of people had to make cash payments as nothing else was being accepted at the time. I'm so frustrated, any help is apprieciated.

It's probably a little soon for the payment yesterday to be reflected. Payments via the AvantCard/ex-MBNA details have worked fine so far for me however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement